5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Comes with adaptors to convert RF to F-type connector and vice-versa.
Set up my Philex loft aerial to pick up the strongest Freeview signal in no time.
Now I receive all freeview channels and not just a selection.
Published on 25 April 2009 by Tich

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!!
Published on 30 April 2010 by Nigel Gorringe

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 April 2009
Tich (Alloa, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philex SLx - 27867R Digital TV Signal Strength Meter (Accessory)
Comes with adaptors to convert RF to F-type connector and vice-versa.
Now I receive all freeview channels and not just a selection.
My roof aerial redundant so I don't have to worry about weather, birds, or paying extortionate prices to get someone out to go up on the roof and adjust the outside aerial.
Paid for itself already.
REALLY pleased.
Great price & prompt delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 11 Jun 2009
I bought this item to improve my digital signal ready for the analogue turn off/digital turn on.Previously I would take a portable TV into the attic and move the ariel around until I got the best picture.Using this device is much simpler.Already I've improved the signal to my existing Freeview box and have set up another ariel in the attic for a different TV.Just connect it to your ariel,switch it on and move the ariel until as many green lights light-up as possible then tighten the ariel clamp and you are finished.Easy.I would reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars philex tv signal meter, 2 Jun 2010
David Beggs (n.ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product with the specific use for using in my touring caravan.gone are the days of fiddling with aerials.you plug this device into your aerial connection and turn aerial until you get all led,s lite.it can be used in minutes and this particular model was a lot less costly than similar products.a light compact piece of kit.great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!!, 30 April 2010
Nigel Gorringe "Twig" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I know it was cheap and I shouldn't be too negative but so far its performance has been very disappointing. The two separate roof aerials only managed to illuminate the first green LED despite the Freeview tuners giving signal strength as 100% and perfect reception. On a trial with a touring aerial (for which this item was purchased) it proved to be impossible to determine the direction of the transmitter, again only the first green LED was illuminated and remained so with a sweep of about 270 degrees!! Again this aerial worked perfectly with good signal strength held only about 6 feet above the ground.

For a separate test, I took it and the touring aerial to a spot where I knew that I could actually see the Wenvoe transmitter. Here it proved to be more directional with a maximum of three greens LEDs illuminated over a band of about 30 degrees, I was just less than 20 miles away and in direct line of sight.

I have yet to test it while out camping but here you are often in the middle of knowhere so the best thing is to see the direction of other camper's aerials and follow them, it is even cheaper too!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but ..., 7 Sep 2009
Nicely made, and the adaptors are useful. But in a weak signal area you need to capture every available decibel. A 3 dB increase means a factor of 2 increase in power ratio; the 10 dB light steps are too blunt in this situation. Also, the unlit bulbs pick up every bit of ambient light; so if you're outside in the daytime with a roof aerial, or anywhere lit at night, you have to shield the face to see which bulbs are lit. However, good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must if you want to make it simple, 14 Feb 2010
No need to have two people when you use this little item, at first I thought it had to be connected inline with the aerial and TV but upon using it found it only needed to have the aerial plugged into it, which is what I expected, very very easy to use and makes installing the aerial a very simple task without the need for help other than to hold the ladder for safe use (if your up a ladder). I installed mine in the loft so was alone during the process which normally would have me shouting down to someone at the TV telling me when the picture is perfect only to find that when I moved away from or near to the aerial for the signal to change again, this doesn't happen with this little tool. May seem a lot of dosh to spend only to be used once in a long time but to me it was worth saving on the frustration and it will be used again even if it is only for indoor aerials. The other use it would have is to leave it inline all the time if using a variable booster or an attenuator so you can monitor signal strengths

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than USELESS, 20 Jan 2012
We spent hours trying to position the new aerial - no LED signal strength shown.
Tried it on the existing aerial connection which get most channels very well - guess what?? NO SIGNAL STRENGTH SHOWN.
What a waste of time this product was.

WE CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT

PS YES we did put a new battery in it - it is supplied without
Product returned for refund

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 2 July 2009
Brian Warrior (Kingston upon Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
It is a good quality instrument, you may not use it very often but it is spot on when you do and at this price it is well worth having one in your tool box. It does save so much aggravation it tells you just what you need to know, which direction the strongest signal is coming from.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful "tool", 3 Jan 2010
Simon Jones (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this product to help with setting up an aerial (and associated cabling) for some friends.

A very useful product to have to hand. It helped identify some poor connections and diagnose other issues. It's not really necessary to have anything more complex unless you're a professional aerial fitter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 4 Feb 2010
This is a great little gadget. Its main advantage over some of its rivals is it's sensitivity - ie, down to 50db (eg, Nikkai only down to 70db). My signal from an attic aerial is about 60 db. One LED solidly on and the second half on at the best angle. I have found that 50 to 60 db is a reasonable signal, although I find it does need an aerial amplifier. The amplifier should be in the attic near the aerial, rather than by the TV!