5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Heart Support
Published 9 months ago by Robert Park

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok
I`been using Swanson L carnitine for a month,,It is ok but not so much effective..I will see result 2 months later..
Published 6 months ago by reza

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Heart Support, 12 Jan 2014
Robert Park (Kirriemuir, Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
It looks as if some are hoping for the eureka effect which is unlikely to occur as the compound is only an amino acid and for a single amino acid to be effective it requires to be taken on an empty stomach otherwise the body utilises it for other purposes. The late Dr Hans Nieper and his colleagues found that l-carnitine supported the heart by releasing more energy to it; apparently it helps at preventing heart degeneration. Dr Nieper also combined this with magnesium orotate and vitamin B1 (brewer's yeast may be better) on treating his patients. It is also known to dramatically reduce cholesterol deposits and to clean fatty acid deposits from the heart (see p78-79 The Curious Man). CO-Q10, serrapeptase, and hawthorn extract, act similarly. Anyone suffering from cardiac problems should ramp-down on vegetable oils in their diet which are potent immune suppressors and return to saturated fats which, contrary to the hype, are a buffer against ill health.

Anyone on a diet and tempted, during the first few days to indulge in something to eat, should take l-carnitine which has a beneficial effect on the brain chemistry and quells the desire (Dr Atkin). It worked for me.

I usually have a tub of l-carnitine at home and now in the process of replenishing the supply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in moderation, 4 Jan 2014
Kaleidoscope (Oxford England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
L-Carnitine is found in meat and to a much lesser amount in Seafood and Poultry.
I am not a meat eater and I exercise regularly and L- Carnitine speeds up recovery from exercise stress, supports exercise performance and is essential for normal heart function but as I said above only take in moderation I just take one tablet a day 500mg in the morning before I exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Fatigue, 1 Sep 2013
C. Murray - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
I bought this L-Carnitine after a Twitter recommendation from someone who found that 3mg of L-Carnitine gave very good results for M.E./CFS. He said it helped a lot with fatigue so I thought I'd give it a go. I take a lot of medication so thought I would start off with just one 500mg tablet a day, I didn't notice any difference after a couple of weeks so now I am taking two a day, separated, one before lunch, and one before tea. I am pretty sure I have less fatigue as I have been pretty busy lately (for me) and I haven't been having as many rests as I should have but I haven't crashed yet like I would have, I have managed to keep going. I probably will increase to three tablets a day soon to see if it helps even more as this does seem to help with energy levels.

4.0 out of 5 stars First thing in the morning, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
As you really do need an empty stomach and a clear hour between taking these and eating I have them first thing in the morning before breakfast. Would have been a 5 star but the tablets are big - a fair old swallow just after you've woken up.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
I have used this product for several months now and notice the difference in my feelings of well-being if I stop using it.

4.0 out of 5 stars L-Carnitine, 24 Jan 2013
Mrs. L. Sloan "Lee" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
This item was so reasonably priced compared to the big Health Food Stores I was able to purchase two bottles for a mere fraction of what one bottle would have cost in the high street - still think they were incorrectly priced bur incredibly impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swanson L-Carnitine, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
Good product for the price and it's efficacy. People should try this product.
I strongly recommend it. But you need to continue the use of this product just
like other supplements.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 12 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
Very good price on this. Great for fat loss when used in conjunction with exercise and healthy food/diet. great value

4.0 out of 5 stars Carnitine, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets) (Personal Care)
Haven't made mind up about these. Different to one used before. Different dosage and time of taking to others too.Undecided.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Swanson L-Carnitine (500mg, 100 Tablets)