Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 19 November 2003
Being relatively new to country music, I heard "Where I come from" playing in a record store in Canada; I was hooked from the start. The track was lively, punchy, and had a real foot-tapping beat to it. I stayed to listen to the next track "where were you"
which talks about 9/11 and made me think about what I was doing on that day. Anyway enough about that, I bought the album there and then and haven't looked back since. The rest of the album is even better than the two tracks I have described. Alan Jackson is one of those singers that really capture the spirit of modern country music. For those new to Country music and have listened to the likes of Shania Twain, because she was on the radio and liked it, but are not sure about what artist to listen to next then you can't go wrong with this album.
on 17 September 2003
Again Alan Jackson has delivered with an album of great songs.
An excellent mixture of dance along/top tapping country with haunting ballads espically the memeroable 9/11 tribute 'Where were you' listen to this and you'd have to be hard hearted no to be moved beyond words, an tribute worthy on any album.
Along with the standard 18 hits there is the boonus cd of 8 extra tracks and Mr Jackson delivers again. Even if you are not a huge fan of Country & Western give this album a go along with Greatest hits 1
on 7 January 2004
I do tend to steer away from Greatest Hits albums because I generally have all the songs on other albums anyway but I bought this because my brother told me that the track "It's five o'clock somewhere" is a great track.
The album arrived and I put track 17 of CD one on and was blown away, it's a fantastic song. Another duet with the good Mr Buffet (the other one was Margaritaville on another album).
There were some other songs on the album that I hadn't heard before and I liked them too ("The Sounds" in particular).
The Greatest Hits album wouldn't be complete without the classics like "The Blues Man" and "Buicks to the Moon" to name but a few.
Alan Jackson has done it again with this album and if you are a lover of his music this is a must.
on 17 September 2003
Again Alan Jackson has delivered with an album of great songs.
'Where were you (When the world stopped turning)' listen to this and you'd have to be hard hearted no to be moved beyond words, a tribute worthy on any album.
Along with the greatest 18 hits there is the bonus cd of 8 extra tracks and Mr Jackson delivers again.
Even if you are not a huge fan of Country & Western or just getting into the scene then this is an album to cut your teeth on along with Greatest hits 1
on 30 March 2004
Fantastic track listing, just keep playing the album through time and time again. All the best slow tracks, mixed with some good quicker ones. Try [...] Ill keep on loving you & the great sept11 tribute song. Last track on the bonus album is worthy of a place on the first disc! Incredible country music, the best, this guy and Randy Travis really do it for me.
on 25 October 2014
This is not an audio CD. It is a shiny metal disc which may play in certain CD players.

It is from the bad '00s era of deliberately malformed CDs which means it won't play through certain devices, including computers. I would not recommend installing the Windows software provided since this also the era of the audio CD rootkit scandal. Alan Jackson's work is good, but the medium of delivery ruins it.

Take the mild quality hit and loss of a physical backup, and buy the MP3 album instead.
on 17 April 2013
still has fab quality recordings he has put together a good selection of songs on this mp3 hope i can find another one just as good
on 10 April 2014
very good cd only got it because of 5oclock somewhere where i heard it on phil mack country show but the whole album is very good
on 29 March 2013
I can sit back, relax and let him transpose me to another world far away from the pressures of this one.....nice!
on 6 May 2013
Have been a Alan Jackson fan for years - love country music and his is great - have others in my collection