Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 22 September 2001
This is the second solo album from Annie Lennox, following the success of her first album "Diva". On this album, it seems as if Ms. Lennox has experimented with the songs she has always wanted to sing on an album - her voice and songs ranging from sweet and almost dream-like on "Whiter Shade of Pale" and "Waiting in Vain" to soaring and compelling in "A Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and "Train in Vain". There is a strong influence of soul, and an almost Motown-like feel to some of the songs on this album, which makes it certainly worth a listen.
This album does take a couple of listens at first to get used to it, as if you're not quite sure if you like it - it's not the style of music Annie Lennox has traditionally produced before. Perservere, for after a short while you feel as if your CD collection could never have been without this album.
Annie Lennox fans would automatically enjoy this album to hear the emotion and energy she pours into a song. Newer Annie Lennox listeners, who have only heard her sing whilst in the Eurythmics might find this album different to what they might have expected, but will enjoy it nonetheless.
It's my personal opinion that Annie Lennox could sing a cheesy commercial jingle and it would still sound great.
on 1 March 2005
There is only one review here at the time of writing this - Amazon.com has sixty three by comparison.
The americans seem to rate Annie Lennox more highly than we do for some reason. Strange. Maybe it's the CD cover that puts people off, who knows.
If you're a Eurythmics fan or have Diva or Bare you'll find this album is very different. At first, I didn't like it.
It grows on you. Simply put, it's gorgeous. Annie's voice is wonderful she puts so much soul into it, the Britney's of this world eat your heart out. The arrangements are deceptively simple and take second stage to Annie's voice, and thats exactly as it should be. The choice of songs here are lovely and at the risk of repeating myself Annie's voice is wonderful.
Wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful, don't even come close. Since I discovered this album recently it's been playing almost non-stop on my CD player ever since. An Amazon.com "essential recording", what more recommendation do you need?
on 22 September 2001
This is the second solo album from Annie Lennox, following the success of her first album "Diva". On this album, it seems as if Ms. Lennox has experimented with the songs she has always wanted to sing on an album - her voice and songs ranging from sweet and almost dream-like on "Whiter Shade of Pale" and "Waiting in Vain" to soaring and compelling in "A Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and "Train in Vain". This is a cover album, and Annie has given her interpretation of a number of much-loved hits which makes Medusa certainly worth a listen.
on 9 August 2009
Eurythmics were a very 80s band and I was not wholey convinced by Annie Lennox's initial solo outing. I did kind of move on by the time this album came out although I have got most of the Eurythmics albums(why have I never heard Annie or Dave challenged about the spelling of their bands name, there is clearly an "h" missing which the music and movement technique that inspired their name has) and I have the original CD of Diva. When I recently heard this at a friends house I was stunned at how good it is. Even No More "I Love You's" sounds great and I think it was Annie's rather creepy perfornance of this song on Top of the Pops that turned me off her music.

I advise any sceptics out there to give Annie another chance, this IS a great album
on 15 December 2009
My wife always has this album in the CD player of her car :D. But I must admit, we all like it. All the tracks are good. It is an unusually strong album in that regard but then Annie Lennox is an unusually talented and gifted artist. A fabulous album.
on 13 January 2014
this is a brilliant album., dont know why it took me so long to buy it!!!! annie has a great voice and personality, the so called singers of today want to watch her and listen as they mite learn something!!
on 31 May 2013
A brilliant Annie Lennox Cd, so glad to add this to my collection, a excellent quality Cd and superb quality services in every way. So very many thanks for this great addition to my music library.
on 22 October 2015
Love this woman one of my favourites love all her songs especially don't let it bring u down can't stop listening to that track from movie American Beauty (of course!!!)
on 18 June 2013
This lady is a star in anyones eyes. She is a must to enhance and cd collection. No matter what your mood is, Annie has something for it. Go on treat yourself
on 27 April 2016
There are some great covers here from Annie. Particularly her version of A Whiter Shade Of Pale. The album is beauifully aranged and performed throughout.