on 19 February 2011
I thought that writing this review might be useful for people looking for a netbook case. I bought a HP Mini 10.1 Inch netbook computer last month and needed a case that not only my new netbook would fit into but it would also have to accommodate the associated plugs and cables that you have to carry about with you when you are on the move. I also wanted it to look good too and not to look cheap.
I'd looked at the smaller cases that "just fitted" the dimentions of my netbook but was put off by some reviews of them having niggles about the lack of space for mains plugs and cables etc. I then came across a review for a case, (not this one) that offered some good advice and that was to purchase a case one size bigger than you required. In my opinion this advice was spot on. I went for the "will fit upto 12.1 inch netbooks" Targus case and it it absolutely excellent both in quality and size.
My netbook fits into the zipped padded enclosure with a bit of room to spare and is secured by a strong velcro strap so that it doesn't move about in transit. There's room to fit more stuff in with it, cables etc., if you like but I prefer to put my mains plug and charger and other cables that I carry with me in the separate compartment which sits ontop of the netbook enclosure and this is padded too. With all my bits and pieces in here, everything zips up comfortably and there's nothing pressing onto my netbook that could damage it.
The case itself is made of very strong nylon material. There's a couple of carrying handles and a detachable shoulder strap if you want to use one of those as well. Aesthetically, the case looks a lot more expensive than it actually is. I'm extremely delighted with mine and it does exactly what I want it to do.
My recommendation would be definitely to get the Targus 12.1 inch case if you have a 10.1 inch netbook and don't be tempted to get a case that "just fits" but to get one which is the next size up.
on 10 March 2009
I was looking for a case for my portable DVD player, nothing seemed to be the right size to carry the player & all its accesaries (cables, battery etc) when I found this. Its tough enough, as it was designed for a laptop. Although it's fairly slim, it's big enough to fit the player, the battery, the car & mains adapter & all the other gubbins that go with it. Good product - right price.
on 16 January 2013
brought this for a 11.6-inch laptop I purchased during the recent Lightning sales. I looked around at some of the other low-cost options, e.g. the Belkin laptop case, but they all have problems, e.g. not enough room to add the bulky power supply or to add a mousepad and mouse or external USB- DVD drive, or issues with quality of materials which could abrade your hands if holding for any period of time oe are likely to fray, or so cramped that you are advised to buy a case for a bigger screen-size just to fit it all in.
I brought this 12.1-inch case for my Lenovo 11.6-inch laptop, so it would all fit in, and it really is excellent value. Yes, it is slightly more expensive, but it is extremely well-designed. The materials are decent, the zips secure and good-quality so less likely to break or jam and have hoops so you can fit a little padlock to secure them, and the design allows the bulky Power supply block + leads+ external DVD-drive all to fit into a separate compartment at the front instead of taking up space in the laptop compartment or press against the screen of the laptop, the padded main laptop compartment also has space for my bulky wireless mouse + mousepad.
Bad Points- none, except the slightly higher price, but you get what you pay for, and it is well worth the little extra.
on 15 January 2014
Bought this as I have a iPad mini, proberly wondering why? Well when you have an iPad you will end up getting other accessories like Bluetooth keyboard (Anker one) or a powergen 8400 mobile battery charger with cables and accessories, and wireless speaker (Jambox) also apple charging plug, all these are used and come in handy just like this bag all fit in there ok and great bag to carry around comes with shoulder strap if you need it, well made and hasn't started to fall to bits or fray. Has various compartments, inside smaller zip part of bag is what I use for storing all my various cables and mobile battery charger in a nice compartment (fits perfect in there) other sections to the side of that are for things like putting your phone or cleaning cloths like what I have.
Main compartment has my iPad mini, wireless keyboard, Jambox wireless speaker and apple plug. The zips on main compartment have the hole in for a padlock to be fitted.
But all in all great bag does the job I need it to do
on 21 March 2014
This is an excellent case, and my netbook (an Asus Eee PC 1000p) fits snugly *sideways*, leaving plenty of room alongside for other stuff. There's enough room to put an iPad mini on top of this netbook in the main compartment. I bought it because I was going to fly with a budget airline which charges for large cabin bags. This bag comfortably fits within the "small" dimensions specified, yet giving me enough room for everything that I would actually want to take on board. (All the non-valuable stuff goes in the checked luggage.) I used to use a "sleeve", which had a zipped pocket, but it wasn't really suitable for carrying mains adapters, etc. I would judge the protection offered to the contents to be quite good.

So I'm really pleased ... and it's fairly cheap too.
on 9 January 2011
I am very happy with case - have one bigger and it is very good so decided to buy small one and it could not be better decision.
good quality of product, pass perfect for my small laptop. I am very happy with this prodcut.
on 23 March 2013
Bought this for Samsung Netbook. This is an excellent product,have bought Targus bags before for larger laptops.
Would recommend Targus if you need a Laptop/Netbook case.
on 4 March 2014
Fits my Lenovo X61 great and has space in pockets for charger and a external DVD, an external USB disk, etc.
on 11 March 2014
I purchased this to hold my essentials on flights. Front pocket holds my travel documents wallet and I can fit my Samsung 7" tablet, purse, books and other little bits and pieces inside, can be taken on board as a handbag, best part is that it has a long shoulder strap that leaves you hands free to deal with your other luggage, very versatile!
on 27 December 2013
I READ THE REVIEWS AND BASED MY CHOICE ON PREVIOUS PURCHASES OF A SIMILAR PRODUCT. IT ARRIVED IN GOOD TIME AND I AM VERY PLEASED WITH LAPTOP CASE FOR MY 10.1 INCH ACER ASPIRE, TRUE TO OTHER RECOMMENDATION IT IS JUST RIGHT TO FIT ALL EXTRAS AS WELL AS THE INITIAL LAPTOP! IT IS STURDY, WELL MADE AND LOOKS PROFESSIONAL.