Size: 28L|Change

on 13 July 2011
I've bought several of these previously and when I received this (in double quick time I might add) I was very pleased at how durable it looked. So far I've filled it full of water and carried it across the garden to test it, mixed cement in it and plaster. It's withstood all of this without the slightest indication of give so I'd say that this holds up against any of the others I've seen at much higher prices.
on 25 April 2014
I purchased a few of these to use as plant pots as an experiment and I was pleasantly surprised.

I started a 'herb garden' and planted an array of herbs in these buckets, so that I had the flexibility to move them around in case they didn't take in particular locations in the garden. I am not an experienced gardener, so I needed to have the means to move plants around the garden in case I got it wrong.

I dug a whole in the ground for some of them and put a weed barrier blanket over the top and then put slate on it. This helped to ensure that the herbs grew in fresh compost and the roots or diseases from nearby plants did not interfere with them. It also helped prevent the mint that I planted from becoming invasive. I put some holes in the bottom of them for drainage so that they didn't get water logged.

Some of the other buckets I placed behind some decking tiles that I stained, so that I didn't look out of the window and see cheap, plastic buckets. Having said that, they dont actually look that bad when planta are in them. Whilst I am sure that they sell decking tiles on Amazon, I got some from Homebase. I subsequently found that B&Q sell them cheaper. Purchasing a ready made planter made from decking is A LOT more expensive (and less flexible) than buying these buckets and using the decking tile method.

The advantage of these buckets is that you can take your plants with you if you move or if you dig a hole and put these buckets in the ground, then you can simply dig them up and move them if the plant does not take in that location or if you want to re-model your garden.

I was shocked to see how much similar buckets cost in some DIY stores. I think that they are a bargain for whatever purchase you intend to use them for.

The product is tough and durable. They are handy to have around, even for transporting rubbish or moving stuff. They are easy to clean and pretty much indestructible.
on 22 March 2012
I bought this for my daughter as she loves to sit in buckets instead of the bath.
This was the perfect size for her and she's absolutely thrilled with it.
I know it's intended purpose is not for little people to have bubble baths in but it's worked like a charm.
on 13 October 2011
Perfectly fine flexible bucket, once again let down by the buffoon who specified that the label should be in easily ripping paper stuck on with industrial strength glue. I thought this sort of bad sticker labeling policy went out in the 1980s with Our Price record shops?
on 2 August 2013
This is a jolly super product at a bargain price, not the quality, or size of a Gorilla Tub, however it is a third of the price, and durable enough for knocking up concrete it, and general site abuse.
on 21 February 2012
We purchased the 42 ltr Draper bucket on 17th December 2011 for the sole purpose of carring wet washing from the washing machine to the washing line, and as its winter no more than 6 times, maybe 10 at a push, guess what, today a fab sunny day out goes the washing, well nearly, the handle breaks & on the muddy grass goes the lot.( Its kept inside so hasnt been exposed to any bad weather) MMM Total rubbish & certainly not capable of carring any !! We would be very worried if anyone was to carry heavy goods in one. At the time it seemed good value but only lasting 2 months maybe not.
on 31 October 2015
excellent bucket which i have used for so many different jobs such as a cool bucket for drinks at parties and for moving gravel around the garden. has held heavy rocks and never distorted or broken. also useful for transporting tools around for different jobs around the house. Would recommend and buy again
on 13 April 2016
I've purchased a few of these as they are great for a number of uses . I use them to put rubble in to go to the tip but also used them to mix in when putting down a self levelling compound on my kitchen floor .
on 2 March 2015
I just cannot bring myself to give a bucket five stars (especially when Amazon suggests "I love it"!) but this is a well constructed product, hard wearing and comes in handy both indoors and out. I'm in the process of renovating my house, and these are extremely useful for chucking rubble, mud, sand etc... into.

The handles are strong enough but if you are hulk hogan I would advise caution lifting it with too much weight in. For my purposes this is a good purchase and I recommend.
on 13 December 2014
I have many of these up to very large sizes but I prefer it in black which is not always easy to find and I have purchased some elsewhere before which did not last 5 minutes so I am hoping as it is a recognised brand it will serve me well for many years to come. I use it all the time around the garden for weeding, prunings and shredded garden waste for the compost bins not to mention for carrying water, soaking bird feeders and more. Brilliant!