Dangerously In Love
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£6.99

on 22 July 2003
After the headstart made by Kelly Rowland, Miss Beyonce Knowles has made a speedy catch up with this amazing debut, containing previous hit singles 'Work It Out' and 'Bonnie And Clyde 03', and has spawned the smash number one single 'Crazy In Love'. So what's the album like then?
'Crazy In Love' is an absolutely amazing track, the only word that can describe it is, well, funked-out! And Jay-Z's rap is good, but kind of unnecessary.
Track number two, 'Naughty Girl', is without doubt the best on the album. Sampling the classic Donna Summer track 'Love To Love You', this is about as filthy as Beyonce gets, and definitely the most r'n'b of all the tracks.
'Baby Boy' (featuring Sean Paul) is a real grower of a track, with the two artists providing electricity beyond belief. 'Hip Hop Star', which features two members of Outkast,is like 'Crazy In Love' in the respect that it is quite pop-oriented but hinted with r'n'b, and it has great lyrics.
Later on in the album comes 'Signs' with Missy Elliott, which won't be too everyone's taste, and is actually quite saccharine. 'Dangerously In Love 2' is the stand out ballad on the album without doubt where Beyonce showcases her amazing vocals to full effect. It's a follow up to a track from the Destiny's Child 'Survivor' album.
'Be With You' features on the early section of the album and is one of the better tracks on the album.
However, the rest of the album is sadly made up of bland ballads which do nothing except sound monotonous, they are mainly clustered towards the end of the album. More r'n'b stompers like 'Crazy In Love' would have been welcome on the album to make this a more appealing and stylish album.
Overall, though, Beyonce dazzles the competition with this debut, and has ascended up the musical ladder to become the current Queen of the entire musical world. Fact.
on 5 August 2003
Shes got the body, the voice, she can move, shes beautiful and my dream woman.
The song “Crazy in Love” gets you moving, it makes me want to get up and do the Butt dance with her. its got good beats and is the first song on her Album.
So I was expecting the rest of the song on the album to be similar. But personally it was a BIG let down. Despite guess singers, like Sean Paul, Missy Elliott. All who have good reps for R&B and Hip hop tunes. But all there talents were wasted on this Album.
The album was riding on the song “Crazy in Love” to sell. I love that song so much I even brought the DVD..!!!!!..
With all the marketing and promotion, we are lead to believe that this is one of the best album every. Being number one in this country and that country. I can only guess that the people who brought the album did exactly what I did and not question it. We brought it on the reputation of Boyonce from Destiny Child.
The first song I upbeat and the rest is quite mellow.
I would recommend that you listen to the Album first, either borrow it from a friend or listen to it in the shop.
If Boyonce does do a second album, I will not be in to much of a hurry to purchase it till I heard the reviews.
But I still think she is sexy with a beautiful voice.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 26 June 2003
Beyonce has been the driving force and the major talent behind Destiny's Child. With tracks like Survivor, Independent Woman and Bootylicious she proved she was as good a writer as a performer. Dangerously in love features all the singles, Bonnie and Clyde 03, Work it Out and the forthcoming standout track Crazy in love. These are the strongest tracks on the album. It is full of rnb type-ballads, so don't expect any other Crazy in Love type tracks. It's far from amzing but it is definately listenable and one to relax too. Other good tracks are Naughty Girl which is a reinvention of a Donna Summer song. Signs, which features Missy Elliot is another highlight aswell as That's how you like it featuring Jay-Z which feels very summery and as she describes how perfect he is it manages not to be too cheesy.
The duet with Luther Vandross shows Beyonces impressive vocal range and Dangerously in love II, is such a good song that it doesn't seem to matter it sounds identical to the Survivor album version. In all if you like Destiny's Child and want an album to get loved up to, this is for you! Beyonce says its an album for people in love or want to know about love and she's totally right. Just a few more faster tracks and less fillers would have made it a 5-star album.Not a bad debut though.
on 31 October 2003
Let's face it, 'Crazy In Love' is this genre's track of the year and, with that on board, this album was already on two stars. For me though, it all seems a bit rushed. Tracks aren't memorable. I listened in one hit driving to work and, a key test, I found I couldn't really remember tracks as I went along. Funnily enough, I listened to Alicia Keys before and the difference in class is there for all to see. I'm not going to knock Beyonce for the sake of it though and 'Speechless' certainly grabbed my attention - a Prince-esque production right out of the top drawer. 'Be With You' was decent as well as, of course, are the collaborations with Jay-Z. As I said in my title, could have been better. Here's to the next one, Beyonce!
on 22 July 2003
The two singles that top and tail this album are great floor fillers full of soully attiitude. I was hoping the material in between them would be just as good.
Unfortunately though, Beyonce's voice is almost drowned out in some tracks as her producers have over egged songs, reducing her vocal too little more than backing.
Also what becomes apparent very quickly is that whilst Beyonce has a great voice she hasn'the desire to do much with it. So rather than the powerful soul delivery you think she could deliver it's pure pop with a bit of breathy attitude thrown in.
And her choice of lyrics?! If she's not telling us what a sexy sista she is (right yeah, with your parents overseeing your every move)it's all cloying "my world is nothing without you" stuff.
This album really made me realise what a great singer Diana Ross was. Check out her early stuff and you'll see what I mean.
There is some okay stuff on this album but nothing that sets it apart from many other chart friendly R n B stuff.
Maybe, if Beyonce lives a little more and spends less time picking out shoes for photo shoots she'll produce more interesting material.
on 13 January 2004
Aight, i've been a DC fan a good few years now, and i was looking forward to the new Beyonce style and image. I was expecting tight beats, songs with a different meaning and more Soul R&B rather than Jazz R&B. Beyonce has hit the high note on a few songs, which includes Baby Boy, Crazy in Love (which I'm still half liking and half sick of) Bonnie & Clyde 03 (With one of the rap kings, Jay-Z) and My favorite, Yes. One thing i found though is Beyonce always seems to put the same old message in her songs...Love! Wheres heartbreak, loosing somebody close to you, or a song about you feeling somone but you know that it'll never happen? The beats on the songs are Ok, and i gotta admit, you'll never grow tired of Bonnie & Clyde, but Beyonce has gotta put a better effort into her next album, DC or solo. I'm not saying don't buy it, cuz everybody has their own opinion, but if you are into the Jazz side of R&B, then this is the cd for you. If you don't, then have a look around on Amazon for 'Maria, My Soul'. It's great and the songs really do have a great message behind them.
on 5 July 2005
If you heard the excellent singles and thought the album might provide some more, stop. After two stunning tracks 'Crazy in Love' and 'Naughty Girl', the album lurches through some forgettable collaborations and slushy, sentimental ballads. There is little to look forward to when the bits you already know are removed. 'Bonnie and Clyde 03', another single, is welcome partly because it heralds the end and a quick change of pace that helps forget the middle tracks.
Perhaps it's naive to expect tracks like 'Crazy in Love' to fill the album, but it quickly steps down a gear and seems to stop trying. I'm glad I own the tracks that persuaded me to buy the album but would probably not buy it in hindsight. No danger of loving the rest.
on 2 January 2005
1. Crazy In Love (Featuring Jay-Z)10/10 This song just makes you wanna get up and shake your booty. (BOOTYLICIOUS!)
2. Naughty Girl 9/10 Love this song, she is trying to send a message to all the gals, saying just be a naughty girla nd you guy will love you for it!
3. Baby Boy (Featuring Sean paul) 10/10 They both make fantastic singing partbers, this song is AMAZING. Love the video. Be's voice is really powerful on this song.
4. Hip Hop Star (Featuring Big Boi and Sleepy Brown) 7/10 I love the beat and rapping by the boy's. Be's voice is quite soft in this song. Not the best!
5. Be With You 8/10 This is a slow and sassy song, it's really catchy.
6. Me Myself & I 10/10 My favourite song on the CD. Love the lyrics and the meaning to it.
7. Yes 10/10 Love this, love the beat. Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Signs (Featuring Missy Elliot)10/10 Good Calloboration. I like how they talk about all of the star signs.
9. Speechless 8/10 Nice smooth ballad, lyrics are very thoughful.
10. That's how you like it (Featuring Jay-Z) 9/10 They both sound excellent, and make a great couple, not a bad song. Also LOVe Jay0Z rap on it, AMAZING!
11. The closer i get to you ( Duet with Luther Vandross) 7/10Sound's like a ballad from the 60's. Love it. Luther sounds da bomb! Although a bit slow ans dreary.
12. Dangerously in love 2 8/10 Touching words, good song Beyonce puts her heart into this song.
13. Beyonce Interlude 10/10, very touching words for such a short speech!
14. Gift from Virgo 4/10 a very bad song i have to say, the worst song on the album, extremly dull and boring, skip that one.
15. Work it out 9/10 Love the song, her voice potrays the song really well
16. Bonnie and Clyde 01 ( with Jay-Z) 10/10 One of my fav song's on the album. Her best song with Jay-Z, love the video.
Overall very good album, i would give it 5 stars, but i didn't give every song 10/10. Overall as an album i would give it 8/10.
on 28 October 2004
The brains behind Destiny's Child gives her debut album, and its more than I expected!! I have only one slight disappointment with this album: The amount of ballads! Don't get me wrong - i think hte ballads are lovely, its just that up tempo songs are much better!
CRAZY IN LOVE= This was the summer song of 2003 and no matter how many times you listen to it, it never gets boring! 10/10
NAUGHTY GIRL= OK. Its catchy, but takes a while to get used to. 8/10
BABY BOY= Very Good. Its got a Middle-Eastern feel to it and great vocals from Sean Paul 9/10
HIP HOP STAR= This is my fave. Its funky and great to dance to! 10/10
BE WITH YOU= This is where the album slows down. This is a good slow-jam song! Great to sway your arms to. 9/10
ME MYSELF AND I= Brill! Its a mid-tempo song about being your own best friend. 10/10
YES= The best ballad on the album. Its funky and sassy! 10/10
SIGNS= Its OK! Its a bit repetitve but still good. 8/10
SPEECHLESS= Sorry but it sounds like it was written in 2 mins. Its repetitve and effortless. 7/10
THATS HOW YOU LIKE IT= EXCELLENT! Its really funky and catchy! 10/10
THE CLOSER I GET TO YOU= This is sooooo good! Luther and Bey sound great together. 9/10
DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE 2= Same as the original. The continuous amount of adlibs at the end ruins it. 7/10
BEYONCE INTERLUDE= Its 13 secs long, no music, but lovely words. 9/10
GIFT FROM VIRGO= The worst. A bit boring and dull. 6/10
WORK IT OUT= Her 1st single. Its jazzy, funky and brill! 9/10
BONNIE AND CLYDE 03= Fantastic. Really chilled and laid back. 9/10
This is a must-have album and definitely worth the money. Tracks to skip straight to are:
*Hip Hop Star
*Crazy In Love
*Thats How You Like It
*Me Myself And I
on 31 January 2004
I never wanted to do this, but I feel compelled to give Beyonce Knowles some credit. A few years back, we gave her hell for being the stuck-up princess in Destiny's Child, but she ignored the haters and smartly turned herself into a one-lady institution. Burning the candle at both ends under a tight schedule, Beyonce has done modeling, acting, and now she's finally released the solo album we all knew was coming: "Dangerously in Love." The album is sporadically successful in presenting a mature Knowles, but the material doesn't always deliver on its promise to be a powerhouse r&b record. The disc falters mainly on the uptempo tunes, many of which just don't kick. "Naughty Girl" falls flat even as it borrows the groove from Donna Summer's "Love to Love You Baby;" "Baby Boy" is dumbed-down dancehall fluff featuring reggae flavor du jour Sean Paul, and "Hip Hop Star" with Sleepy Brown and Big Boi lacks both the hip and hop to make it remotely danceable. "Dangerously in Love" improves on the ballads which make the best use of Beyonce's voice. You can't say "no" to the seductive groove of "Yes" while Missy Elliott guests on the solid "Signs." And she shows that she can hold her own against an r&b veteran like Luther Vandross on their cover of "The Closer I Get to You." But the album's best track is "Speechless," a slow jam inspired by the old school that's so smokin' it almost saves the rest of the album. "Dangerously in Love" is ultimately spotty and weighed down by too many subpar tracks, but there's enough material to prove that she does have potential when paired with the right collaborators (she co-produced much of the album herself). On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 6.