I know, some of you will be thinking 'Oh No.................Country!' but have you ever listened to it? This album by the living legend Charlie Daniels, songwriter, singer, guitarist and fiddle player will surely make you think again. After all Mr Daniels is a Grammy winner, an inductee into The Grand Ole Opry, and an inductee into the Musicians Hall of Fame, so we are not talking about some mediocre muscian here.

The fourteen tracks on this album are all greats and will have your toes tapping. And if you think country is just sloppy ballads think again, after all there are tracks on here that are regularly played on rock radio stations throughout the US. Like rock, country has its roots deep in the blues tradition, where the best music comes from. If you don't normally listen to country this album could change your mind and open up a genre of new music to you.

If you love good lyrics and great music then get this album. If you have never downloaded any MP3 tracks or an album from Amazon before, don't be worried. Things are a doddle, you order the item and when you go to the checkout and pay you will be prompted to download their installer program thingy, and then after that is done and you run it your selection is downloaded. It really is a doddle, this is only the second time I have done it without any problems on two diferent computers, running two different operating systems. My dad uses this service on Amazon loads of times for his ipod and never has had any problems.
on 9 May 2014
Brilliant album. I bought this on a whim after having heard one or two songs that I liked. Great driving music, good fun and easy to sing along to. Hope you like it as much as I do. "The Devil Went a Down to Georgia" is a great song!
on 13 November 2013
highly reccomend this cd, love The Devil Went Down to Georgia, rest of songs will have you smiling and toe tapping
on 3 October 2013
Charlie Daniels does not make dud songs or albums. You can buy any of them with the confidence that the songs will be stories, upbeat and cheerful and the sort of music you can stick on anywhere. This is a kind of best of and I've already reviewed one of those. There are additional tracks on this, the legend of wooly swamp being my favourite.
on 22 September 2012
I just love music by the Charlie Daniels Band. This CD in particular is a compilation of his very best music with 'The Devil Rode Down to Georgia' simply fabulous. This is the 3rd I have bought with the previous 2 having been taken with my permission by Dinner guests. I'm a generous person. Buy it you will not be disappointed.
on 9 December 2012
To This Day "Devil Went Down" Is One Of My All Time Favourite Tracks,Never Got The Original Album Sadly,But This One Turned Out A Good Set Of Previously Quite Rare Tracks.Interesting Mix Of Country Riffs along With Some Fancy Guitar Work.
on 19 July 2014
Only knew 'The Devil Came Down To Georgia' so bought it for that. I've had previous joys with 'such a body's Essentials' so opted for this one too. It didn't fail to deliver. I am now a CDB fan!
on 2 February 2010
What a great cd. I keep playing it again and again. Toe tapping songs, Fantastic.
on 8 February 2015
Nice songs easy to enjoy good value for money well packaged arrived on time.
on 1 August 2014
Brilliant Cd arrived fairly quick but overall happy thank you