on 18 April 2007
This album really is beautiful. I think that j-lo's vocals are stunning, much more so than on her previous albums. I admire the fact that she's gone back to her spanish roots and has taken 2 1/2 years to write this album! So it's not thrown together like other pop albums. Although I speak Spanish, you definately don't have to in order to appreaciate the album. The language sounds beautiful and is a pleasure to listen to. The best song is definately 'Me haces falta'.
You must buy this album!!!!
on 22 March 2007
1. Que Hiciste - 5/5 - The lead single from the album
2. Me Haces Falta - 5/5 - For me, the best song on the album, a rock tinged pop ballad with backing vocals from Marc Anthony, hopefully it will be released as a single.
3. Como Ama Una Mujer - 3/5 - A slow ballad, not bad, yet not inspiringly different.
4. Te Voy A Querer - 4/5 - Good pop song with a tribal feel to it, one of my favourites off the album.
5. Por Que Te Marchas - 3.5/5- The Spanish version of Can't Believe (This Is Me) from her previous album, Rebirth. It's a powerful ballad, but I don't think her voice is capable of such a song. I also believe the song sounds better in english.
6. Por Arriesgarnos - 3.5/5 - A nice ballad where Jennifer's voice actually compliments the song.
7. Tu - 4/5 - A really nice pop ballad, which again, uses Jennifer's somewhat limited vocal talents well.
8. Amarte Es Todo - 3/5 - Nothing special about this track, nice enough though.
9. Apresurate - 3.5/5 - An upbeat pop ballad, not bad at all.
10. Sola - 3.5/5 - Another pop ballad, sounds good and has a nice finish to it.
11. Adios - 3.5/5 - A slow way to finish off the album, however it's really well made song.
You don't need to be fluent in Spanish to apprciate this album, however, it is completely different to anything Jennifer has done before with a much more mature feel, it may alienate fans of her traditional pop music. I would have preferred some more upbeat songs like Paulina Rubio's Ananda or Thalia's El Sexto Sentido, both of which are fantastic albums. Jennifer's voice isn't extremely powerful, but it has significantly improved since the beginning of her career, and she's done well to sing some of the ballads on the album. This is a very good album, and it was brave of Jennifer to do a complete Spanish album, and I believe she has been successful in pulling it off.
on 27 March 2007
Though I've always been a Jlo fan, I was aware of her limited vocal abilities and bubblegum music choices. The first time I heard this CD, I thought it was kind of boring, yet noticed the much better singing. Without background singers and amped music behind her, Jlo's shown that she actual wants to be a better vocalist and I was surprised by her new range, emotion and vocal control. I decided to give the CD another listen and found myself loving it. My favorite songs would be "tu", "te voy a querer" and "por arriesgarnos" with "adios" as a close fourth. This is without a doubt her best CD as I can listen to it from start to finish without skipping tracks and I wish there was an english version so more people could understand and love it as much as I do.