5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album
I heard one of the tracks from this album in the car and remembered that I had it on Cassette some years ago. I love this album it has brought back some fantastic memories for me.Just brilliant...
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by Mrs. L. Gregory

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
ok
Published 20 hours ago by JPCar27

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 1 Dec. 2011
Mrs. L. Gregory (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars ricky ross, 26 April 2013
bart4books "db" (bristol, england) - See all my reviews
I have this as a cassette which I haven't been able to play since the last cassette player broke down about fifteen years ago. So I was looking forward to hearing it again. It did not disappoint. Rick's lyrics are sublime and the band is top notch. The only thing I always thought was a shame was that Lorraine Mackintosh didn't get more lead vocals. I still do but it has to get five stars. The thinking person's pop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest, 30 Jan. 2009
W. M. Cameron - See all my reviews
Been a fan of them from the begining.All the hits in one package.What more could you ask for?

4.0 out of 5 stars A compliation album actually worth buying, 6 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
Deacon Blue's compliation cd "our town" is an excellent album. It is great to listen to whilst getting ready to go out. Alternatively, with its upbeat sounds and memorable lyrics it is perfect to sing along with whilst driving in the car. I always feel cheered up when listening to this album and have it placed alongside ABBA, to put on when it has been "one of those days".

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive collection of their greatest, 2 Jan. 2014
I was never their greatest fan when they were around, I was more into AC/DC and rock at the time but I have mellowed with age. I bought this on a whim over Christmas and downloaded it to Amazon player for the car which is a nice featue. I received the CD a day or two later and will rip that to a higher quality lossless format for my archive but the download format is good enough for casual listening when out and about.

I recognised some of the songs from their name when buying but when playing I found I know more of them than I thought I did. Years spent in a garage with the radio on in the background must have ingrained more of their melodies on me than I thought but it's no bad thing. Deacon blue are a good band, a nice change from todays mostly screaming (sing it loud - sing it proud) vocalists they are able to sing softly and still convince me they are singing from the heart. The lyrics are understandable and just as relevant today as they were back in the day, even my 20 odd year old daughter asked who they where so they have appeal across the generations.

The girl that sings with them (I had to look her name up - Lorraine Mcintosh) is superb. Ricky Ross's voice is quite distinctive and you can listen to him for a while without getting tired of hearing him, but Lorraine's voice is very good as both in harmony and on it's own. I would love to have heard more of her on her own. I don't like the way many of the female singers today seem to believe that 110% is the way to sing, singers should be comfortable singing the song because it is within their vocal range, not because vain popping shows ultra commitment and taking it to the next level or making it their own or doing Liverpool proud is what makes them a celeb.

Sorry got carried away there.....

Back to the album, it is a great collection of Deacon Blues hits and some tracks that are quite good that were not hits. It is a good slice of nostalgia for anyone who was around when they were in the charts but also a good experience to broaden musical taste for anyone who wasn't. I would recommend the album to those who are not die hard fans and want everything they ever done (like myself), they just want a good album that is melodic and easy to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Mar. 2013
Fatboy (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I used to own this CD, but somewhere along the line I misplaced it. When I saw it available on Amazon for just over £4, I purchased it.

There's some quality songs on here that still sound as good now as they did 20-25 years ago.

The best £4 I've spent in a long time :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 17 Aug. 2001
By A Customer
What makes this compilation great, is that the songs have strong feelings behind them and this is conveyed superbly by the vocalists. This isn't an entirely up-beat album as a previous review states but certainly pleasure can be derived from listening to them. If you like genuine sentiment in your songs then buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Those were the days............, 29 Mar. 2012
T. Howarth (UK) - See all my reviews
I love it. I had this on cassette many moons ago and now I clean up after my kids, dancing to the tunes from when I was young and carefree. I think it still sounds fantastic after all these years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Band, 15 April 2013
Gadget Fan "G-ESS" (Hamilton, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Town - The Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
I bought this download as I had lost the orignal CD which I once played practically non-stop. Looks like this will get the same treatment on my phone, MP3 player etc. Buy it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forgotten how great they were, 5 Nov. 2012
What an compilation of amazing music,I had forgotten how bloody great they were. A great cd and must have at this price!! I love it,puts a smile on my face every time I listen,so upbeat.