Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 6 June 2003
This is the first real hiphop album, and still is in the all time top five hiphop albums. There was of course hip hop long players before this, but they just didn't cut the mustard.
Raising Hell is the album that esculated Run Dmc to dizzy heights of stardom...mainly due to the massive single Walk This Way with Aerosmith.
This Album is so much more than just that song though. It contains all the elements that we have come to love about Run Dmc...its got the Rap/rock with Raising hell/walk this way and it has the hip hop anthems with proud to be black/peter piper, and of course it has the comedy with u be illin/its tricky/dumbgirl.
Raising hell was RUNDMC's third album and it is here that they got all the elements right. Hip Hop could only go forward after this with bands like Beastie boys and Public Enemy taking the hint and changing the face of music forever. If it wasn't for Run Dmc's Raising hell we wouldn't have...
Pauls Boutique (beastie boys) It takes a nation of millions to hold us back (Public Enemy)and on and on...this is is in hip hop album terms year zero, and no so called hip hop fan should be without it!!! peace y'all
on 16 May 2007
The album is one of the best old skool rap albums ever. The beats are infectious and the lyrics are brillent. The album is a perfect blend of of drum beat, synthasizer and scraching but also fuses in some rock and guitaring. Who knew somone could make a brillent song about adidas runners, but track 3 on this album stands as proof. This is a must for your collection.
on 17 March 2011
This one of the genuine classic albums in Rap history,and along side Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions,Eric B & Rakim's Follow the Leader and the Beastie Boy's Licence To Ill,Raising Hell deserves a place in the collection of anyone who likes and remembers Rap music before it became "Look at my car,look at my girl,look at my cash......." or,God forbid,N-Dubz!
on 1 February 2009
A great litle package for an already legendary album. If you don't know who run are then where have you been xD. "perfection"
on 7 January 2016
Arrived on time and in perfect condition. Really excellent production on this classic hip hop album.
on 20 October 2007
Before Tupac,NWA,Eminem, 50 Cent etc there were three original rap artists of note... LL Cool J, Beastie Boys and Run DMC. This was Run DMCs third and best LP. They combined black pride with heavy metal and tongue-in-cheek lyrics. The huge hit was, of course, Walk this Way but in fact the most "Illin'" cross of rap and rock on this collection was the title track which samples AC/DC. Other standout tracks are Peter Piper and My Adidas. After this rap music just got bogged down in bragging, violence and sexism. If you enjoy the music but are put off by the bad attitude try this, it's fun.
I have lots of rap cd's including N.W.A,Public Enemy and Ultramagnetic Mc's, but this cd from Run dmc is the best. I like the way they mix in a bit of heavy metal in with some of the tracks. My favourite track is probably it's trickey because it has a catchy chorus. I stronly advise this cd to any one who is into old school rap.
I have lots of rap cd's including N.W.A,Public Enemy and Ultramagnetic Mc's, but this is the first Run dmc cd I've bought and I hope to get another cd by run dmc. This cd is my favourite rap cd I've ever bought and it was a lot cheaper. I like the way they mix in a bit of heavy metal in with some of the tracks.I'm also into heavy metal and this album has both of my favourite types of music. My favourite track is probably it's trickey because it has a catchy chorus. I stronly advise this cd to any one who is into old school rap and a bit of heavy metal.
on 20 February 2012
If you are a RUN DMC fan, or even just a big hip-hop fan like myself, you need this album in your life. Some of the finest hip-hop work on this album ever. A MUST BUY FOR ALL !
on 4 June 2014
It was an excellent business. This album is one of the best of hip hop of the 90's. I would recommend this to all the fans of hiip hop.