5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme Value, 15 Feb 2014
Terry McCaffrey (Whitchurch, Buckinghamshire, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suitcase (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of KBs ever since being introduced to him 5 years ago I thought it was about time I revisited his work and add to my collection. This is an unbelievably inexpensive way to get into KB. He covers a good part of his laid back style, great musical arrangements and top class musicians, songs which demonstrate his supreme skills as a composer and full lyrics in the neat liner notes - little bit hard to read for these tired old eyes. If you've never bought a KB cd before this is as good a place as any to start. And of course the usual speedy service from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 6 May 2013
L. Rushton "EFAW" (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suitcase (MP3 Download)
I'm a long time fan of Keb Mo and this album shows in places what he can do to bring the blues into the present.

He does seem to want to mix the tracks, though and put in some jingly jangly happy clappy songs as well.

OK, I can skip over the tracks that I find (ever so slightly) annoying, but I tend to think that I'm buying the album as a piece and am entitled to feel a little bit disappointed if the whole is less than the sum of its parts.

Don't let me put you off listening to KM, if you haven't before. It is definitely rewarding when you discover the subtle little beauties in between the colourful weeds (Yes, I know, a weed is a name we give to flowers that we don't like).

The reaction I've got from people who haven't heard him before is often "...sounds like Eric Bibb...". Sure, I listen to them both and I guess it is part of the pleasure to search for the treasure (please don't use that in a rap song!!), which they both bring to the woods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Keb' Mo', 8 April 2013
This review is from: Suitcase (Audio CD)
Great CD - one you can listen to so many times and not tire of. Folks forget that he is 2 times Grammy Award winning artist.Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keb Mo, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Suitcase (Audio CD)
This singers music is excellent.
Modern blues at its best.
It is an excellent buy.
Prompt delivery.
I want more of this standard of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talented and underated, 17 April 2012
A. Wellman "disctone" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suitcase (Audio CD)
This man is very underated,he seems to cover many styles of music from blues to soul,reggae even ballads.The music is not overproduced,simple but well done.So if you want something different from the run of the mill give this man a listen I think you could be plesently surprised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blues with soul, 21 April 2009
This review is from: Suitcase (MP3 Download)
Like Eric Bibb? Then check out Keb Mo as his music will be right up your street.

Suitcase