on 22 September 2011
From the Outer Hebrides to Turkey, Egypt, Thailand and beyond Avon Skin So Soft dry oil is the most effective insect repellant ever - a must in these climates.
on 13 March 2013
I was just reading through some of these reviews as I'm about to get my Avon resupply ordered in preparation for the yearly onslaught and thought I had better throw my two pence in.

As a Midge repellent this stuff is brilliant. Some people say the different colour bottles work differently for them, personally I believe as long as its Skin So Soft then its all good. It must be noted that it generally wont stop them from landing on you but they certainly wont bite you (in my experience)

As a Mosquito repellent... Personally I'm not overly convinced, however as Scotland doesn't appear to have too many Mossies, at least not as many as down South then I'm not really bothered. The odd Mossie I can handle, a swarm of 1000+ Midges is no laughing matter! If any of you have had the pleasure of finding yourself on Rannoch Moor in the Summer in little or no wind then you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Well done Avon, even if you wont endorse it as a Midge repellent ;)
on 6 September 2011
At last a product which actually repells that Highland (and Keilder) pest, the midge. I felt rather ponsie wearing the stuff, but it works!
on 19 July 2010
As part of a group of anglers who have fished the Highland Lochs for many years this product came to our attention when it first appeared in the local angling shops. We were sceptical at first but having used it in the worst of midge conditions ( still, damp evenings !) can
vouch for it's effectivness.
on 24 April 2011
advised to buy this for holiday as insect repellent - came back from South Africa with no bites and lovely soft skin - very impressed !!
on 27 July 2009
Bought for the wife whom mosquitos seem to find very tasty. She still gets bitten but not as much as before.
on 8 October 2011
Worked on keeping midges from biting during the hot weather with no skin reaction or discomfort. clean and easy to use
on 8 June 2010
Wonderful to find a product that works and isn't full of toxic foul smelling chemicals.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 February 2016
Years ago we visited the Highlands of Scotland on a regular basis and learned the hard way that the midges can eat you alive in the summer months. We tried everything and then one day someone said you need to try Avon Skin So Soft spray in Woodland Fresh. Well it was a life changer.

We are due to visit this summer so I was pleased to find it is still available and now sold for this use in Original frgarance. It comes in a good size bottle and is reasonably priced. It has a pleasant lemony fragrance. It is oil based so I would advise not spraying it on your best clothes. However it works a treat and is not full of chemicals like some insect repellents.

I can certainly recommend this product and will hope it continues to be available.
on 13 March 2013
I bought this product on a recommendation, I go to a lot of farms and woodlands throughout the summer months and I bought this to keep the gnats and mosquitoes from biting and it works a treat as used I am told by the armed forces?