4.0 out of 5 stars A Swirling Sandstorm of Imagery!
Soundtracks aren't usually my thing. 'Kingdom of Heaven' is an exception to this rule.

Strap it onto your player, put on the sunblock, and close your eyes!

Published on 15 May 2006 by Zarafa

3.0 out of 5 stars Track missing?
The piece by Patrick Cassidy was not on album Dissappointed as was one of the best tracks from sound score
Published 3 months ago by Colin hooker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Swirling Sandstorm of Imagery!, 15 May 2006

Strap it onto your player, put on the sunblock, and close your eyes!

There isn't a bad track on this disc, in my humble opinion. Each one is a beautifully crafted gem. Good music is like a TARDIS, taking the listener to places and times beyond the reach of our everyday lives. I am not musically gifted. I cannot describe these brilliant compositions in technical terms, but I can tell you how they made me feel and where they took me.

Experience the thick, red heat of that Jerusalem sun as you swelter and stink within your heavy armour. Then, just when you've almost been roasted alive, strip off and feel the cool night breeze, as it blows in from the desert, playing upon your fevered skin. Then, lie back in the sand, watch the stars and listen to those angels sing!

Atmopheric? Magical? Yup!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!, 22 May 2005
Iceni Peasant (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This is a stirring soundtrack with just the right mix of both orchestral overtones, ethnic music with a middle-eastern flare and a sense of the underlying religious connotations of Crusades with the almost Gregorian chants/vocals.
The whole CD just sweeps on by, through it's ups and downs, matching the emotions of the movie very well, and while no one track really sticks out from the others, the CD as a whole is beautiful. Highly recommended for fans of the movie or fans of this genre of music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Varied and compelling, 9 Jun 2005
Harry Gregson-Williams proves himself a very good composer through this album, the score to Kingdom of Heaven, which he took over from Hans Zimmer. He's done a brilliant job with some varied music that creates a suitable ambience to the film.
The tracks are all different, ranging from Gregorian chants, to ethnic Middle Eastern wailing, to heavy war drumming, to string orchestras. This score definately helps bring a film that is awesome in parts, to life. I found myself listening to this a whole handful of times. It's light music and easy to listen to. I do recommend it if you're into scores.
I thought it was a shame that they did not include the song "Vide Cor Meum" by Danielle Niesse which features in Hannibal, a harrowing track full of violins and Latin singing. Nevertheless, it's all still compelling stuff. I hope that Gregson-Williams continues to make scores like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars kingdom of heaven soundtrack, 18 May 2005
though i haven't seen the film, i am a fan of Ridley Scott and his ability to get the best out of his movie composers. and this one does not dissapoint, it's a cross between Black Hawk Down and The Passion of the Christ...but more pacey and more cultural than the latter, the mix of Arabic and orchastra is heavenly yet breathtaking with its frantic pace yet with the pure moments of mirth and sorrow making it a roller coaster of moods and emotions. i definite must for movie score fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Heavenly" soundtrack, 10 May 2005
This soundtrack did not leave me disappointed. It took me straight back to the film which I thought was spectacular and made me forget I was in the cinema.
The music is incredibly haunting and peaceful at the same time, giving me goosebumps.
Amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny...fantastic, 19 Mar 2009
This review is from: Kingdom Of Heaven (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (MP3 Download)
download ever so quick. very pleased with this purchase. haven't stopped listening to this soundtrack. to me this ist one of the best soundtracks in a long time. would have it given 10 stars if available!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Aug 2011
Very good soundtrack with a good mix of music. There's a European feel to some of the music while other tracks retain a distinctly middle eastern sound. The only downside for me was that the music that plays during King Baldwin's funeral isn't included. Despite this though, I greatly enjoyed listening to this and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth purchasing., 8 Nov 2010
A. S. Edwards (England) - See all my reviews
I heard this CD at a friends house and had to buy it (well I couldn't steal it could I?)

It's beautifully atmospheric and is very much in the style of traditional medieval music. If you like Van-Gelis it's not dissimilar with less vocal / chorus. It's not as electrified and synthesised as some OSTs. I am no expert on music but it has an authentic medieval sound to it.
The music paints the scenes of the film beautifully and conjurs up images appropriately.

A wonderfully enchanting album. And if you haven't seen the film - you absolutely must.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great soundtrack., 29 Jan 2008
Musicfan (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I watched the film and was disappointed. I was given the soundtrack and was impressed. It is a mix of middle eastern themes, orchestral drama and choral sounds. It is moving, dramatic and entertaining. If the film was as good as the soundtrack, it would be a classic! Not as good as the Gladiator Soundtrack, which in my opinion is the best ever. However, this runs it close. It is very good. It stands lone from the film. If you enjoyed the Gladiator soundtrack, I think you will enjoy this as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Experience, 17 May 2014
parfitt.bmh@btinternet.com (Yatton Nr. Bristol , England) - See all my reviews
Hans Zimmer. Enough said. Beautiful music and haunting vocals. Faithfull to the movie.Treasured addition to my collection. Highly recommended to film music afficianados.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›