4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen (or 2)
Published on 23 July 2007 by Roxy le foxy

3.0 out of 5 stars easy listening
Lovely album, quite varied tracks which keep it interesting. Heard a track on greys anatomy, just breathe... Amazing song. Rest of the album isn't really like that but still good.
Published 1 month ago by Josephine Coward

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen (or 2), 23 July 2007
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
2AM (Breathe) is probably the song most people who have heard of Anna Nalick will have heard first (it has been used on TV series and films quite alot), and it definitely is representative of the quality of this album. After hearing just that song I decided to get the album, and the haunting yet charming melodies and Anna's unique voice make this one to give a listen. It sounds fairly back to basics, but the production hits the right balance between that and sounding bare- so what you get is soulful songs which haven't been polished in a studio to become unrecognisable. Most of the songs (especially 'Wreck of the day','2AM','Paper Bag') will have you wanting to hear them again and again and inevitably have them stuck in your head for the remainder of the day. It's a good album to listen to in any mood, and slightly different from the rest of my collection but still one of my faves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definetely worth a listen, 10 Sep 2007
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
I first came across Anna Nalick after watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy and hearing Breathe (2am) and I felt I had to hear more, and I wasn't disappointed. I normally don't buy a lot of albums but I have to say this was worth every penny. Anna sings beautifully and it is her powerful voice that is most striking on this album especially on the track "in my head" and her emotion is captivating in her heartfelt lyrics.
For me the best tracks have to be Breathe (2am), Paper Bag, Satellite, In The Rouch, In My Head, Bleed and Consider This. I think the weakest track is probably the title track in my opinion. But time after time it is a very listenable album and you will find yourself playing it again and again, it is one of my favourites in my collection. If you are a fan of Fiona Apple, Tristan Prettyman or Michelle Branch then you will almost certainly like Anna.

4.0 out of 5 stars Far from a wreck, 25 July 2005
Amanda Richards "Hotpurplekoolaid" (ECD, Guyana) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
The latest in a line of moody, deep female vocalists, California native Anna Nalick claims the influences of Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, The Cranberries, Blind Melon, John Mayer and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Pretty heady stuff for a 21 year old, who got her big break by knowing the right people at the right time, and having a demo tape handy.
In my opinion, she sounds like a mixture of Alanis Morissette and Sara McLaughlin, with the youthful buzz of Avril Lavigne in ballad mode.
Slower and more introspective than current pop offerings, her eleven song debut album sounds like something from a much more seasoned performer, not unlike fellow youngsters Joss Stone and LeAnn Rimes.
Nalick wrote all the songs on the album, blending haunting melodies a la Ms. McLaughlin with spiritually uplifting lyrics. The best songs on the album are "Breathe (2 AM)" where she sounds very similar to Alanis Morissette; "Citadel" a song that would fit in on any Sara McLaughlin album; "Paper Bag" which as you might guess sounds like an Avril Lavigne ballad; "Satellite" my personal pick; and the very Cranberries track "In My Head"; but they're all pretty good.
A young talent with a bright future.
Amanda Richards

4.0 out of 5 stars a good album, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
I first heard Anna Nalick on greys anatomy with breathe 2am,I bought the album for that song and hoped the other tracks would love up to that.Most of them did although a couple took a few listens.Citadel is now my firm favourite but its a classy album and well worth listeing too.

4.0 out of 5 stars An astounding album..., 14 Jan 2009
C. Griffiths - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
I bought this album on a friend's recommendation, I was a bit dubious at first because a person's taste in music is quite an individual thing...however I am so glad that I bought this album, it is quirky, charming and well, there is no other word to try and describe how the songs make you feel, you will know what I mean when you buy the album!

3.0 out of 5 stars easy listening, 9 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice beginning, 19 Feb 2014
dalco (Cirencester U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
My kind of thing. An album you can listen to in the car and most people will hum along, or you can slam on the headphones and really hear the layers of sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Original songwriter, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
I bought this CD after hearing Sara Ramirez sing 'Breathe' on 'Grey's Anatomy'and I wanted to track down the original. I love the melody and the lyrics of this song which is a really thoughtful reflection of life. I'd never heard of Anna Ramirez before and am really enjoying her style and the originality of her songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great cd!, 17 July 2009
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
I bought this cd for my wife because she liked Breathe and the whole cd is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to Anna, 28 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Wreck of the Day (Audio CD)
I first bought this CD in the U.S. after seeing the movie A Lot Like Love, which features the song "Breathe (2AM)". I could not stop listening to it and it stayed in my car for more than a month as I listened to it every day. Anna's voice is entrancing and her lyrics make the songs meaningful. She sings with true passion and you can feel it when you're listening. Although "Breathe (2AM)" was the first song that I heard, I actually like her up-tempo songs even more.
I'm sure that everyone has a different favorite because there is not one bad song on this CD! My favorite is "Consider This" because it has attitude. "I'll wait for the day when you find I'm too much for you, baby." " Don't bother wasting your time if you're trying to change me." It isn't just for girls, either! My fiance loves it too. You cannot argue with the fact that this girl has talent. Anna Nalick is here to stay. Can't wait for the next release!

Wreck of the Day