1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A country classic, 31 Mar 2004
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Big City [Us Import] (Audio CD)
This may well be the finest of many excellent albums that Merle has recorded. The album yielded three major country hits - the title track (about a man in the city yearning to return to the country), My favorite memory (a very romantic song) and Are the good times really over (remembering the fifties).
There are plenty of other high quality songs too, including Good old American guest (a brilliant train song), I think I'm gonna live forever (about being glad that a failed relationship is over), Stop the world and let me off (about being upset that a failed relationship is over - this is a cover of a song most commonly associated with Patsy Cline), You don't have very far to go (a song that Merle wrote in the sixties) and I always get lucky with you (an excellent way to finish the original album).
I only have the original release but this re-mastered edition includes two previously unreleased bonus tracks (Call me, I won't give up my train).
Regardless of how good the bonus tracks are (or are not), this is an outstanding album by a country music legend.

Big City