5.0 out of 5 stars The Kings
Firstly, I feel I should say that after years of buying from Amazon, and hundreds of purchases later, I have never felt compelled to leave a review. With this album, that changes. It irritates me slightly that many of the previous reviews seem to be negative, mostly written by the 'die hard fans' that believe their opinion rocks, and seemingly that the KOL should in fact,...
Published on 13 Oct 2008 by V. Snow

3.0 out of 5 stars A perfectly decent album...but for Kings Of Leon, it's just not enough.
The first thiung to point out is how good a band KOL actually are - brilliant live, and their track records of albums has been outstanding. I honestly believe they're a band that have got better with every album, which is why only the 3 star review for this one - it hasn't completely blown me away like the rest. It's still a good album, some great songs, but I can't help...
Published on 24 Sep 2008 by P. Limmer

‹ Previous | 123 24 25 26 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Their best!, 25 Sep 2010
Paulo Vitor C. Almeida (Floripa, SC Brasil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
Thank you Amazon for the very fast international shipment ! Their very best album so far, let1s wait for the new one, and hope it'll be as good as this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear: Kings Of Leon have sold out., 3 May 2010
A. C. Jeffery "Music fan" (Lewes, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
This is the kind of music that the twelve year olds at the back of your bus play on loudspeaker. It's bland dad-rock U2 would be proud of. Over produced with no soul in it at all. This wouldn't be so sad if KOL didn't used to be one of the most brilliant, energetic and inovative bands of the 21st century. Don't buy this. Please please please please please don't. Buy their first two albums instead and fall in love with their raw genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 2 Jun 2009
Neil Nand "Developer, traveler & climber" (Wiltshire, England (UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only By The Night (MP3 Download)
'Ello,

I think this album is brilliant, it's the first I've heard of any of their songs and has got me starting to listening some of their older stuff which I think is made really well. I'm very glad I purchased this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stadium Rock, Not For The Purist, 28 Dec 2008
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
A real departure from their previous albums, far less of a bluegrass feel, it is over produced and sounds very much like a very commercial stadium rock band.

If you don't own a Kings of Leon album, buy the earlier ones, leave this alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars KINGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, 24 Dec 2008

5.Use Somebody

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 30 Sep 2008
R. Donnelly - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
This is safe music intended for radio airplay. The first two albums are classics. The 3rd isn't great. This is even worse. This one is appallingly un-original and un-inventive. This band has sold out. Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars only by the night, 13 Feb 2009
Mr. Kevin J. McDonough (manchester, united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
first cd of kings of leon i have bought each track is very strong different tempo from fast to slow tracks all put over superbly

3.0 out of 5 stars Still the best band around, 7 Sep 2008
Mr. D. Braithwaite (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
if you tube any of the tracks from the listing here then you will get to listen to a less than finished version of the final tracks. but it is safe to say that this album has much less energy than previous albums. the tracks are more meaningful, especialy now you can tell what the words are, but have lost the rawness to them. because of the times was the switch over album i think. some hard rock tunes mixed with some then "experimental" 8 min long songs. now we have an album of just the latter. i dont wanna sound like one of those D*&^k head fans that says they sold out, no1 wants to hear an album exacly the same as the last and im glad they tried to change. i am slightly dissapointed but hopefully with a few more listens to the finished version i will love this album too. kings of leon are still my favourite band at the mo, and im still buying this album. cant wait to watch them in december.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kings Of The World!!, 10 Sep 2008
Barry Mewha "silvergellar3" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
I just can't get enough of these guys. Their sound is by far miles ahead of anyone else in teh world today! This is the band of our time. Our parents can talk about The Beatles, Led Zepp, The Who etc. We will be talking of the Kings Of Leon.

I very rarely listen to anything else these days. I just can't. These guys have got me hook, line, sinker, rod and copy of Angling Times!

Kings Of leon - You are the soundtrack to my life. You are astonishly brilliant and this album cements you as one of the greatest rock bands of ALL time.

I'm so jealous! Why can't it be me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Sep 2008
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
:O This band is now popular so it is now fashionable to hate them because i'm so cool and indie! <--- all the bad reviews really mean that. This is an amazing album that's all that needs saying.

‹ Previous | 123 24 25 26 | Next ›