5.0 out of 5 stars The Journey Of Journey
Published on 20 Jun 2011 by Mr. Bluesman

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
some tracks i'm not familiar with but ok
Published 2 months ago by Allan Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Journey Of Journey, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I collect and listen to albums lot more than greatest hits, best of, very best of, collection CDs from any band. Half the songs in such compilations are never my favourites. I'm album-oriented listener. There's a whole lotta joy listening to music holding the CD cover in hand going through lyrics, infos, arts and photos. That way I can imagine and get the whole picture of the album, the band and their music, message and philosophy.

But this Journey's Greatest Hits is different. I never listened to any album by Journey in the 80's. 80's being great era of rock 'n' roll when it ruled. I got introduced to Journey with this 'Greatest Hits'. Since I am hooked to it and I feel it's one of the great rock album ever made rather than compilations. I became a great fan of Journey. I was not new to Steve Perry though. I loved his voice in 'If Only For The Moment Girl' from 'USA for Africa', and 'Oh Sherrie' and 'Foolish Heart' from 'Street Talk'.

Steve Perry's voice and Neal Schon's guitar are what make Journey distinctive I think. That's why maybe, after Steve Perry, the band always sought for singer whose voice sounds similar to Steve's. Steve Augeri, Arnel Pinada and etc. But in my opinion, despite all being great singers, no one could top Steve Perry. He has the originality. I wish Mr. Perry would come back.

I recently attended Journey concert together with other great bands Foreigner and Styx. The current singer Arnel Pinada is of course talented, wonderful and powerful. The band did two albums with him - 'Revelation' and 'Eclipse'. Both great albums. But most of the songs they performed were from here. All the songs that you need to know about Journey are here in this Greatest Hits. This album is what Journey is all about. This album has been what Journey means to me. These are the songs that defined Journey. The journey of Journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great CD, with great songs!, 1 July 2004
Kurt A. Johnson (Marseilles, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This CD is a wonderful collection of great Journey songs. The one I received has fifteen songs, which includes everything on the list above, plus Who's Crying Now. The sound quality is excellent, and plays fantastically in my headphones. The paperwork in the case folds out to a small poster with the words to the songs on one side, and color pictures of the band and albums on the other. This is a great CD, with great songs. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great collection., 19 Nov 2000
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I heard' Don't Stop Believin' and it blew me away. So I bought this album and guess what? It blew me away too. Journey are one of the finest bands ever. Brilliant musicianship, excellent songwriting, and Steve Perry's voice has to be the most amazing ever. This is a truly great compilation and is guaranteed not to disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey, 27 April 2008
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is one of the better places to go to start listening to the music of Journey. You get a good selection of tracks, which covers their most well known songs and a few others for good measure. The booklet folds out into a poster and the artwork is great. From tracks like 'Don't stop believing' to 'Who's crying now' you know you're on familiar ground and if you like 70's and 80's rock you can't really go wrong. If you want an introduction to this classic rock band then this is the place to go.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present, 21 Oct 2010
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Hi there folks, just a short review my wife is an avid journey fan and said she would like their greatest hits cd looked in the stores but found that no one could beat Amazon on price and it also had free delivery. Its got to make sense to buy from these guys, will always use them first rather than the high street.

5.0 out of 5 stars journey, 30 April 2010
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
brilliant, excellent value for money.not a journey fan in my youth but had heard "dont stop believin" which i think the original is best sorry joe.
found other tracks great too. good place to start on your jouney with journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Sep 2010
K. M. Smith "gpaudit" (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic, I have never owned a Journey album before this, had heard quite a few of their tracks, but I am so pleased I bought it, its just fab can listen to it anytime now loaded onto ipod. Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!, 4 Jan 2010
Ms. E. L. Renshaw (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I think that this must be the most amazing greatest hits collection I have ever come across!
' Don't stop believing ' had been one of my most favourite tracks forever but I'd never encountered anything else by Journey that was until I stumbled upon this. There are no dud songs just total entertainment throughout. I first played it driving cross country and for once did't care less about traffic jams- I just wanted to hear the next track!! A must buy for anyone out there. One play and you'll be asking Bon Jovi who?!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Surprising Find, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
One of the most surprisingly brilliant albums in my collection. If you've searched for this then you probably know a little bit about 80's rock, which means you'll love this album. There are rumours that the X-Factor winner will cover `Don't Stop Believing' to try and get the Christmas number one slot - so all the more reason to buy the original and educate the yoof!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 29 Jan 2002
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This is a really great compilation of one of America's very finest bands. There's not a bad song on the whole collection (most are brilliant) and Steve Perry's vocal performances from the first track to the last are truly awesome. Is his voice the finest in the history of rock music? Gets my vote anyway.

Greatest Hits