on 20 October 2009
From a user viewpoint this album appears both simple and complex at once. This is one of those precious pieces of music that never fails to take me far away from the day to day trials and tribulations to somewhere relaxed and dreamlike. Hypnotic repetition incorporating subtle variations and hints of melody and counter themes that maintain tension and keep your attention throughout. The nearest point of comparison I could suggest is perhaps Tangerine Dream's Ricochet - but it is by no means the same. The Poppy No Good track probably deserves more attention from me but it is the title track that stands out as a very satisfying and timeless gem and a must have for any collection. You need to sit down and listen to be rewarded - it is not background music.
on 25 April 2010
This is a classic for anyone like me who remembers the 60s and 70s. It's a mesmerising continuous stream of instrumental music, so different from anything else at the time. Reminds me a bit of Tubular Bells.