4.0 out of 5 stars ten years after, 2 Mar 2011
This review is from: Walking Back Home (Audio CD)
I wonder if reviewing an album issued more than ten years ago and discontinued can be useful for anyone... Anyhow, here I go with my first CD review for Amazon. I bought this CD to complete my Deacon Blue CD collection to date. I can say that after more than ten years out of this business I started listening DB again more or less, and also, ten yars ago. That's what happens when you grow old, you start talking about ten years periods of time so easily that it scares! Since then, DB has returned to the place where they should have always been, and since then, they are one of my all time favourite bands. This guys music is so addictive and damnly good that stands the test of time perfectly. This CD combines a good selection of songs, not major hits, but good songs like The Day Jackie Jumped The Jail or any other from their previous works with b-sides, rarities and some new songs in equal proportion, that's why I finally decided to get one copy. And the mix works, much better than if they had chosen, as it is usual, just a selection of their hits. In the new songs I appreciate an approximation to a more electronic and a bit quieter sound, something that will have its full expression in its 2001 follow-up Homesick. Maybe, if you are now discovering DB, Raintown or Fellow Hoodlums, maybe a better choice, but this handfull of songs may give you a wide-angle vision of their early works and a glympse of their newer songs, that, as I have read in their web, are even being written nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Walking Back Home' - Pretty Darn Good!, 1 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Walking Back Home (Audio CD)
Hi Folks!,All the tracks on the CD are brilliant, even though I already have some of them on other albums. My favourite had to be, 'Beautiful Stranger' because coming from Kintyre, I am familiar with Gigha and Tarbert, which are both mentioned in the song! I even have a friend who lives on Gigha!
As for the new songs, I have to say that I wasn't at all disappointed when I heard them, and the band sound just as great as ever.
It might have been nice to have heard the older tracks re-recorded for the album, but other than that I have no compliants.
If you have the album, I'd really like to hear from you to hear what you think of it, and if you're thinking of buying it, and would like a better review of it, let me know and I'll get in contact with you. I totally recommend it to anyone who likes DB or music like theirs, because it is a brilliant album!
Well done guys, and I hope there's another to come in the near future!
Laura

4.0 out of 5 stars One last offering from Deacon Blue, 15 Aug 2000
This review is from: Walking Back Home (Audio CD)
What can i say?this album brings you some old classic ballads such as love and regret,the wildness,love,s great fear+when will you make my telephone ring.But also great upbeat songs like When jackie jumped the jail from"FELLOW HOODLUMS" which i feel is their best album to date.It also gives you new songs+a couple of cover versions.I for one was disappointed when they split up,although Ricky ross,s solo material has been quite good+ive yet to hear Lorraines new band CUB.Agreat album whether your a neutral or a Deacon Blue fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to hear them again, 4 Nov 1999
This review is from: Walking Back Home (Audio CD)
Good to hear that Deacon Blue have not faded away completely. The CD is good with both new songs and some of the old ones that people don't associated with the band. This is the sort of CD that you can listen to whatever you are doing - it has fast and slow songs!!
Hope to hear more from them in the future - perhaps a new album??

Walking Back Home