Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 15 July 2010
This was a treat to listen to Coplands own interpretation of his own music: surprisingly: the Fanfare moving much slower than I'd previously heard. Great value for money
on 17 April 2016
As with other reviewers I agree this is a must to own. Like reviewer SR I bought this on the recommendation on Radio 3's Building a Library programme which reviewed the recordings of Appalachian Spring and I am very happy with the interpretation that Copland brings to the piece. In listening, I prefer this to the orchestral version. Finally, all pieces are conducted by the composer and track (18) of Disc 2, "Copland Rehearses Appalachian Spring" is very worthy of its inclusion in the set.
on 28 April 2014
I bought this following a recent recommendation on Radio 3's Building a Library programme re recordings of Appalachian Spring. Apparently this version was Copland's own personal favourite. He came to love the original chamber scoring rather than the more opulent orchestral version. It is beautiful.
on 6 April 2014
This album includes the definitive versions of Copland's works, conducted by the great man himself, and is a point of reference for anyone not sure as to how they should be played.
on 27 December 2015
A great collection of the composer's own performances of his popular works.