5.0 out of 5 stars Christy is like good red wine!!, 10 Jan 2002
Dirk Goris (Antwerp, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is The Day (Audio CD)
This is one amazing entertainer and singer. Until recently I hadn't paid much attention to his music. A year ago I rented "Live at the point" in our local library. I was completely blown away by his vocal and entertaining qualities. I started investigating his complete oeuvre and it was a fascinating journey. "This is the Day" is in the top 3 of Chirsty recordings but you should check him out live if you have the opportunity to completely appreciate this gifted performer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: This Is The Day (Audio CD)
I bought this album on gut-feeling after hearing 'So Do I'. I was completely correct to do so: this is a gentle gem of an album without a filler in sight.
I have heard some earlier stuff from Christy Moore and it's a bit too folksy for my taste. But This Is The Day is sophisticated and soulful and gentle all at the same time.
My collection includes all genres of music, but I'm confident this album will be one of those life-long companions for me - it is that good.

4.0 out of 5 stars A silky smooth storyteller in the best folk tradition., 22 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: This Is The Day (Audio CD)
Music of the best kind. Stories told to the best accompanyment with Christy Moores voice bringing all the colour needed to add depth to superb lyrics. His best ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars James H, 31 Dec 2006
This review is from: This Is The Day (Audio CD)
A beautiful album though, like many of Christy's, let down by a couple of duff tracks. So Do I is simple and immensely evocative and How Long is, to me, one of the most moving songs of a long career. The cover of Victor Jara, delivered as only Christy can, and Companeros show his radical roots are fully intact.

Scaldcrows, though, is a rather nasty, bitter track which doesn't do him much credit. And, for me, the closing track a bit of a dirge, reminiscent of some of his weaker albums from the 90s.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Day- Christy Moore at his best, 9 Jun 2014
Brian A. Clegg "Brian" (Bewdley England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Is The Day (MP3 Download)
Yet another Christy Moore Album that is thoroughly recommended. Downloaded it after hearing 'So do I' on Mike Harding's Folk Show Sunday Podcast.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very beautiful cd, 7 July 2013
This review is from: This Is The Day (Audio CD)
a cd not to miss in my collection as a big fan of Christty Moore the beautiful music always touches me.

This Is The Day