5.0 out of 5 stars The best recording of any musical
Most musical recordings seem choppy mostly because they are, and are rendered from the stage play, so of course they wouldn't make that much sense. MY FAIR LADY holds up well and you don't get this sense. The entire ablum is a gem and there's not a sour note in it.
Published on 14 Nov 2007 by Madge the Badge

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album Spoilt - Just a little.
Published on 18 April 2007 by Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars The songs stand on their own, 25 April 2010
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Many people can associate this sound track with the movie, "My Fair Lady" that was that is a film version of Bernard Shaw's play "Pygmalion". This is a classic musical with many well known songs by Lerner and Loewe.

However unlike many musicals the songs have a life of their own. Even though they matched the story perfectly, they are they type of songs that one could instantly blurt out in the thrill of the moment. I my self found that "On the Street Where you live" matched perfectly when I was in love in my youth.

4.0 out of 5 stars MY FAIR LADY, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
very good I needed it to make a DVD it worked very well I am pleased with it especially having the original cast

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album Spoilt - Just a little., 18 April 2007
Patrick (North West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Being a Luddite, I have the original vinyl edition of this album. which sounds better than this CD, My LP has a warm fugginess about it that suggests snoozy, boozy Christmasses by the fire - The CD doesn't! I had to buy it though because I need to use some of the music (a wedding funnily enough!) and they only have a new fangled plain CD Player where it's all happening! Call me a cynic as well, but I know don't why they've put the additional tracks on here? They are pointless bits of editing that you don't need! Not if you're a true MFL fan anyway! It would have been more enjoyable if all they'd done is include the original Audrey Hepburn sung tracks as extras? Her voice wasn't that bad - as owners of the DVD will know.

I've reviewed the CD here - no point in talking about the music! - That speaks (or sings) it's own brilliance, and is one of my favourite, favourite films! Bringing a tear to my eye each time I watch! For me though - I'll stick to me vinyl copy in future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug 2014
Great CD

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fair Lady fans, 12 Jun 2014
J. Birt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
If you love the film, then what is not to like. You can now sing along to the tunes(or not).