5.0 out of 5 stars The best recording of any musical
Most musical recordings seem choppy mostly because they are, and are rendered from the stage play, so of course they wouldn't make that much sense. MY FAIR LADY holds up well and you don't get this sense. The entire ablum is a gem and there's not a sour note in it.
Published on 14 Nov 2007 by Madge the Badge

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album Spoilt - Just a little.
Being a Luddite, I have the original vinyl edition of this album. which sounds better than this CD, My LP has a warm fugginess about it that suggests snoozy, boozy Christmasses by the fire - The CD doesn't! I had to buy it though because I need to use some of the music (a wedding funnily enough!) and they only have a new fangled plain CD Player where it's all happening...
Published on 18 April 2007 by Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars The best recording of any musical, 14 Nov 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars my fair lady review by sam west, 8 Aug 2005
Mr. M. A. West "mwest653" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
i have nearly every single soundtrack from every musical. out of all of them i think this soundtrack is the best one.
from sam west (mwest653)
p.s. this is also my faverate film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrison, Hepburn and Happiness., 28 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
For as long as I can remember this has been the one musical soundtrack that has haunted me. I have always known at least a few phrases from each song - but now I can successfully complete each and every one. Much to my cat's amusement I can now waltz around the living room accompanied to 'I could have danced all night'. The musical arrangements are still fresh and Marnie Nixon's voice is outstanding.
Why has it taken me so long to buy this CD? I've no idea, but now in the words of Professor Higgins, "By George, she's got it!"

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fair Lady, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
We love musicals and this is perfect for singing along to in the car with my musical theatre-mad daughter on long journeys

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic treat, 5 July 2014
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Great CD takes you back to watching the film with some of the dialogue included. A real soundtrack!

5.0 out of 5 stars My fair lady Marni Nixon, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
The 1964 film My Fair Lady is timeless. Fifty years after its release, I still find the music by Lerner and Loewe enchanting. Alay Jay Lerner wrote the lyrics and Frederick Loewe composed the music. They collaborated in many Broadway shows and musical films; they made a great team. Many younger audience may not realize that the songs of the female lead was performed by Marni Nixon, not the star of the film Audrey Hepburn. Audrey Hepburn was a fabulous actress but not so much as a singer (See my comment below). On the other hand, Marni Nixon has an illustrious singing career. Besides My Fair Lady, she also sang the female lead in The King and I and West Side Story. When she was not working as a playback singer, she sang on stage in operas, musicals, and concert tours. She had recorded a few albums. Occasionally, She appeared in films with minor roles; she was Sister Sophia in the 1965 film The Sound of Music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical My Fair Lady, 28 May 2013
This review is from: My Fair Lady Soundtrack [Clean] (MP3 Download)
Another one to my collection of musicals.

Just takes me back to the watching of the film on the big screen

5.0 out of 5 stars Original film soundtrack, some great tunes and amusing words from an uplifting film., 2 May 2013
D. Gallimore (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
...bringing back fond memories and musical images of a great picture. Unlike the old style records from musicals which just gave the set piece songs, this one includes most of the incidental music at scene changes and the orchestral set pieces such as the Embassy Ball. Includes all the Rex Harrison semi-spoken/sung style songs and a bit of talking.
No problems with the recording quality, all sounded clear and fresh.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Fair Lady, 12 Dec 2010
A. J. Montgomery (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Brilliant actors who could sing in an iconic story. The list of stars in it is too long to repeat. Brings back many happy memories of my childhood. However it is worth more than that and any one interested in classic musicals at their best should really have this in their collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute heaven!, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
My Fair Lady, Original Soundtrack...Oh wouldn't it be loverly...Not 'alf!
One of the most wonderful musical ever made...pop it on and loose yourself, if there is reincarnation, I want to come back as Rex Harrison!