Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.52

on 2 December 2003
There are two ways to write a review. One way is to review an album on its own merit, the other is to compare it to other stuff that the band has put out. If you compare this cd to the likes of "damaged" and "the first four years" you would definitely see a difference in style, it follows on nicely from the extremely aggressive my war LP, albeit without the aggression. However i do believe that the guitaring is better, especially the solos on "slip it in". based on its own merit, the album is a shining example to the commercial rubbish that many of todays fans would call rock.
on 8 December 2015
brilliant
on 6 October 2002
At the end of the day a Black Flag record is is a Black Flag record - everyone will have ther favorite for really odd reasons, they are such an important band yet their name seems far larger than the influence of their music. Anyway Slip It In is not my favorite but it is the first record of theirs I heard - my good buddy Ben bought it for my 15th birthday, for a good while it just plain confused me, did Greg Ginn really intend to have the worst guitar sound ever? I mean they had moe in common with Jazz music than hardcore, its complex stuff. Yet in saying that this is from my point of view the most 'pop' record they did side one is so catchy it just plain annoys me now - hence it not being my favorite - but Slip It In is a great place to start hearing this important band during their most innovative period. Go buy...
on 28 September 2012
This is where Black Flag's rapid decline really began. After the masterpiece pairing of Damaged and My War and the slightly self indulgent but worthwhile Family Man came this, the first in a trio of stodgy hard rock albums which show Rollins and Ginn doing what they do worst ("poetry" and tedious noodling respectively).

Buy damaged, My War, Family Man, the compilations The First Four Years and Everything Went Black, and Live '84. That's more than enough Flag to satisfy you without bothering with this.