on 12 December 2012
Awesome book. I have read this book atleast 3 times. Absolute fan of Robert C. Martin. Highly recommend this this book for everyone who thinks they are professional software programmer.
on 15 January 2015
Purchased for my wife for her university course. - What more need I say, an excellent book and worth every penny. Delivered and well packed as you would expect from Amazon.
on 2 December 2014
I as a little worried by the appearance of 'agile' in the title but this turned out to be an excellent book packed with good advice and some first rate example code.
on 26 February 2016
This is a good companion to the Clean Code video lectures (although I would probably recommend those over reading the book - Uncle Bob is just so entertaining).
on 21 October 2014
The best, most helpful and most readable software book I've ever read. Has really helped me in my job as a predominantly OO programmer.
on 2 May 2014
This is an awesome book on code craftsmanship! It's very easy and fun to read. It is recommended for every fellow developer out there!
on 4 August 2011
I have bought the "Clean Code" and it was a win. The book is well organized and written, easy to read and understand.
Every developer should find a benefit in it.
It should be in MUST READ books for developers.
on 14 November 2009
I bought this book and Implementation Patterns (Addison-Wesley Signature) at the same time and read them at the same time. The contrast could not be greater. This book has lots of examples and although much bigger is it is a real page turner. I failed to get anything but frustration out of the other book.

In the last day I attempted to put the books advice into practice on some security code. Get it working, then re-work it for clarity using the practical advice of the book. The book very much helped to spot complexity in the initial implementation and extensively refactor the code into something more obvious, easier to document and more re-usable.

There were a couple of minor things that I disagreed with. With the author putting so much down with a stamp of authority there is going to be at least one thing in the book for everyone to disagree with. That does not distract from giving it full marks though and recommending it one to read and possibly re-read.
on 13 August 2010
The book starts out with a fairly lengthy description of how you should read it and that you shouldn't skip the case studied or you won't learn anything.

As a person with limited understanding of Java (I am a PHP developer) I found the case studies very difficult to follow and don't think I got that much out of them.

The more general chapters on the other hand were great. Very solid pragmatic advice on naming variables, constructing classes, writing functions and eliminating crap (spurious comments and such). Since reading it I feel as though I'm writing better code and there isn't much better endorsement of a coding book than that.

Don't be put off by the fact that this is essentially a Java book - it's full of insights and advice that you can read one night and apply the next day at work to good effect.
on 6 December 2015
I'm loving this book so far. Makes you think about issues you've never given a thought about.