Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 26 July 2000
45 million + sales is a force to be reckoned with! Thiller is an album that just makes you rock. Recorded in 1981/82, Michael Jackson (24yrs) worked with producer Quincy Jones to create this outstanding album. With tracks such as: 'Wanna be startin' Somethin', 'Thriller', 'Beat it' and the magical ~'Billie Jean'~ it is no wonder that it was an instant success and is still selling today. The wonderful duet with Paul McCartney in 'The girl is mine' just adds to the perfect blend that makes Thiller what it is. Fan or no fan of Michael Jackson, this is A MUST BUY that will never die in your music collection.
~ *Truely Thrilling* ~
on 6 June 2002
I cannot comprehend that anybody can say that Michael Jackson's musical ability is out of this world! This album shows MJ's talent at its prime and should have won more than 8 grammies!
I couldn't believe that Michael could do a better album than "Off the wall" and he did!! "Thriller" has got to be one of my all-time favourite albums! Words cannot describe the sensation of listening to all of these tracks again without stopping for a cup of tea, now that they have been digitally remastered. "Thriller" was the first album I ever owned.It was a christmas present in 1991 and I loved it then as much as I do now! I couldn't even begin to tell you my favourite tracks from this album because they're all equally fantastic!
Whether you like soul, pop, disco or rock, there's something here for everyone! The classics "Billie Jean," "Thriller" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" provide the 80's disco-pop anthems for this CD and even now, 20 years later are still sounding almost brand-new and are constantly being played on the airwaves and in clubs etc. "Beat it" with Eddie Van Halen's electric, fast-pace guitar solo provides the rock-anthem and the soulful "Human Nature" sampled by SWV for "Right here" provides the classic soul, album-track anthem. Interestingly,on "PYT" Janet and LaToya Jackson provide their vocals and help to add to the soulful 80's sound!
Paul McCartney's duet with "The Girl is mine" has got to be one of the best records ever and it is so catchy! This album shows that Michael doesn't write throw-away pop as all of these tracks are still being heard today and are as popular as they were in 1982! Time certainly hasn't tarnished this album.
GO AND BUY IT IMMEDIATELY-THIS SHOULD BE BOUGHT AT THE SAME TIME WITH "OFF THE WALL" "BAD" AND "DANGEROUS."
on 23 October 2001
Thriller the biggest selling album ever has just got better. it starts off with you wanna be starting something one of my favorite tracks and it goes on through all your favorite tracks on the origanal album. then it gets to the best bits the interviews with Quincy Jones and others. also Billie Jean the home demo which is excellent almost as good as the original and 2 songs that didnt make the album
this is a great album and everyone should buy a copy just to hear the interviews
on 12 April 2003
What a pleasure it was to hear one of my favourite albums remastered and repackaged for a special release. Thriller stills sounds fresh, even twenty yesrs after its original release. The tracks are timeless, the production impeccable, and the voice- well what is there to say? The special edtion also contains two outakes from Thriller, along with an original demo of Billie Jean. Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time, and its easy to see why.
on 30 March 2004
Wow! This is just an absolutely flawless album, and out of all the albums I have ever heard I would rate only Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" to be better (and even then, it is a close run thing). Seriously, 8 Grammies, 37 weeks top of the US Album charts, and well over 40 million CDs shifted sums up "Thriller"-that this is a work of genius, a feat that will never be repeated.
"Off the Wall" in 1979 was a superb debut focusing on a R n B and disco sound- however, "Thriller" is just in another league. It is a masterful evolution in MJ's sound, the end result being what we know as his definitive pop style. A style that we have all come to know and love. A style that is what you want it to be- it is R n B, disco, pop and rock simultaneously, it transcends all boundaries. This is why "Thriller" is a landmark album to many- it took Top 40 music(and dare I say it, MTV)to another level, it broke down boundaries between different musical styles, it had a sound that appealed to all.
It is smooth and seamless throughout, there is NOT a single weak song to be found in this collection. Yet what is great about the album, as I have already said, is that you CANNOT classify it- all you can say is that it is a mature evolution of "Off the Wall", and that the end result is fantastic. You have smooth, beautiful songs such as "The Girl Is Mine"(very good duet with Paul McCartney), "Baby Be Mine", "Human Nature" and "Lady in My Life", you have "Beat It", "Billie Jean" and "Thriller" that are intense and much rockier, and you have "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" and "PYT" that are reminiscent of the great songs in "Off the Wall". And Jackson is able to switch into different styles seamlessly, which he can do because he has an amazing voice that just cannot be defined. I won't review each song individually, because others have already done so- but I will say that ALL the songs are superb, and that when you consider the album as a whole, there is nothing to criticise about it.
Of course, he has done other albums that are very good, indeed I would recommend "Off the Wall", "Bad" and "Dangerous". However, none are the equal of "Thriller", it is just an album that nobody will ever be able to surpass. Not even the King of Pop himself. "Thriller" is just perfect, a perfect model of how to make a good album. An album that is a classic, a landmark, a MUST-HAVE.
on 27 March 2014
I had always liked Michael Jackson when I was a kid in the 90s, occasionally playing HIStory in the living room or watching a live performance on TV. I played a Michael Jackson song on my Talkgirl as I played in the garden. But I didn't really get into him until I was 16, and going through some unusual and tough times. I don't remember how it started - maybe I had seen "Bad" on TV - but I went through a Michael Jackson phase at 16, playing HIStory, watching his music videos, watching documentaries. I never believed a bad word about Michael, and vocally supported him. I sent texts to radio stations asking them to please play anything by Michael Jackson, although I really had a preference for the 80s. I think his music, and possibly also Michael himself and his unusual, difficult life, comforted me. There is something very soothing about Michael Jackson, his music calms you, inspires you... and then there is Michael himself. Mysterious, strange, misunderstood... naive, innocent, kind, good.

I considered buying his CDs when I was 16, but never did. My Michael Jackson phase ended by 17, although I didn't stop being a fan, admiring and supporting him. Now, I have finally bought Thriller and Bad together. While I prefer Bad's sound personally (very 80s, very fun), Thriller is an amazing album. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Human Nature, P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) and Baby Be Mine are brilliant songs. The Lady In My Life, Someone in the Dark and Carousel are also enjoyable. I find this album particularly soothing and the perfect MJ album when feeling happy, but calm. Songs like Human Nature are also quite therapeutic.

You don't get the new versions of songs like Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008 with Akon, or P.Y.T 2008 with Will.i.am. Those are on Thriller 25, but in my opinion, not worth the extra pounds. I'm also not into music like Akon's Will.i.am's, Kanye West's or Fergie's, so I'm not missing much there. This CD is more than good enough. (But don't take it from me, listen for yourself on Spotify.)

You probably already have an idea whether you'd like this album or not. MJ's songs are legendary. But if you're a new fan, and thinking of giving the full album a try, do it! This is music as it should be. The world lost something great in MJ. But his albums will be selling for another 30 years.
on 16 November 1999
Still one of the best selling albums ever and there is good reason why. Michael Jackson is incredibly talented and there was a point in time when he picked more, shall we say, mainstream ways to showcase his talent. Along with "Off The Wall" this is easily the pinnacle of Michael Jackson's career. Everyone will remember Billie Jean to be one of the best songs of the eighties and Thriller to be the most anticipated video of the decade. All that said, I don't know that I would actually buy this cd again. I would readily buy "Off The Wall" but this one just doesn't have the same appeal for me. This is a great cd though, and if you are yearning for some classic Michael Jackson from back when he was someone you actually wanted to see in concert, then do purchase this cd.
on 31 December 2013
i bought this but didnt notice the included interviews....i just wanted to listen to the thriller álbum as i remembered it and i find it has loads of extremely ( to me) boring interviews and not a great deal of music.....just turned it off without listening to the full cd and i will not be listening to it again.

a total waste of money if you just want to listen to m.j.singing,look for an álbum that is music only.what is the reason for putting a load of blurb on a classic álbum?

ridiculous !!!!!
on 16 July 2009
After hearing about the sad premature death of Michael Jackson, like many rock and pop fans I took the opportunity to revisit his work.

There is no doubt that Thriller still stands up as one of the great pop albums of the modern age. The slick and polished production and variety of soul and rock fusion make for compulsive listening.

What concerns me about this product is that it is the older non-remastered version of the album which is flooding the shops as record companies seem to be cashing in on the release of older stock. Having read the reviews I genuinely thought I was getting the remastered special edition with bonus tracks, which I had wanted to upgrade to. I was disappointed to find that it was the original recording like the one I already had from some years earlier.

Come on Epic, give the fans the remastered version which shows the music in its full remastered glory. This is what the fans deserve for their money in these economically challenging times.
on 12 April 2007
Probably the best crafted, best executed pop album of all time. It's got everything. The production is superb, the vocals outstanding, the songwriting and craftsmanship sublime. Every track could stand alone as a single.
I think what made Jackson (and his team) succeed here - apart from brilliant timing and the subsequent groundbreaking videos - was that while Michael was trying really hard to better Off the Wall, which is why you get a track to suit all tastes, it doesn't feel too contrived. Thriller sounds as fresh now as it did back in the '80s. I did not even buy a copy then - there was no need: you heard it everywhere you went. You knew the tracks without ever putting it on your own record player!
Thriller was a rare phenomenon where the product, the performer the whole ethos of thing, was perfectly in tune with the time in which it was created. The only other album I can say this of is another perfect pop album - the Stone Roses eponymous first album.