Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.09

on 30 April 2012
Truth be told I bought this album for one track only I John, I will come back to that track a little latter. There is so much good stuf here for the Presley fan he never sounded so good as when he was singing Gospel and on this album he really wnt for it. The best version of Amazing Grace I have ever heared, Peace in the valley is of course an all time great. I John is quite simply the very best Elvis vocal from the late 60s early 70s I have ever heard this is a truly great album you do not have to be religious to enjoy these songs because many of them rock out as only the King could. Get this great collection of Elvis tracks put the head phones on turn up the volume and enjoy.
on 5 June 2004
Those of you that have the collectors edition of "That's the way it is" may well want to splash out a few more pounds on this album. Although some of the tracks are from recordings in the 50's/60's it is tracks such as 'swing down sweet chariot' and 'bosom of Abraham' which really ties this album to "That's the Way it is" and the inpromtu performances with the Jordanaires. It's not going to be everyones cup of tea but I bought it for something different rather than Elv1s, 2nd to none or love songs. A great album for settling down to and listening to the wide vocal talent of Elvis. Only four stars because with the wide amount of gospel tracks available, this could well have been a double album which would have truly been ultimate.
on 23 April 2013
I'm suffering from severe depression and anxiety attacks at the moment and struggle to get through most days. I downloaded this yesterday on a whim as I used to like listening to Elvis sing gospel songs back in the old vinyl LP days.

For the first time in a very long while I felt my spirit lifting as I listened to this album on my Fire HD. The quality of the sound is very good, and the selection of tracks included is spot on. I was surprised just how much listening to this helped put me in a better frame of mind (albeit for a short while only).

Plenty variation in tracks, great sound quality and spiritually lifting make this a must have album for Elvis fans and lovers of gospel music.
on 5 May 2014
This is a rare collection of songs by the king of rock and roll. With warm voice, he is performing some songs that have been very popular and much loved by generations of churchgoers.
on 12 January 2013
A wonderful wonderful collection of songs by the King, beautifully sung, very moving, recommend for every Elvis fan and everyone who likes Gospel
on 15 February 2013
brilliant album, one of his best. People should try this one out I never get tired of listening to it.
on 29 May 2015
Don't think a review is needed. Pure Elvis for those who are of an evangelical disposition.
on 12 October 2013
Love gospel music and love Elvis too. This is a very good album.. I own it on vinyl and now I can listen to it on the go! Highly recommend it.
on 31 December 2015
Amazing album by Elvis the worlds greatest Icon. He will always be remembered.
on 18 October 2014
It is a brilliant album containing all my favourite gospel songs