on 8 January 2002
A delightful complement to the film, the music takes the listener to that little French town and liberates them. I am mesmerised by the beauty of the melodies, ranging from gentle and haunting to the carefree abandonment of the "gypsy" rhythms. Whether you have seen the film or not, listen and immerse yourself in the tranquility and joy this music invokes, but be warned, when the "gypsy" music starts you'll have to stop everything and dance!
on 21 January 2004
I expected this album to be good; even watching the film the first time, I noticed and liked the music, and that is a good sign. But it turned out to be so much more than I expected, so full of life and energy, and absolutely inspiring. Whatever style of music you enjoy, I think this music is universally appealing and you can't help but love it.
And don't get me started on the wonders of Johnny Depp and his guitar...
If in any doubt at all, buy it!
on 10 December 2006
Can't get enough of this CD and DVD; I've bought several for friends and family. The music is a mix of classical and swing. Very easy on the ear and has a timeless quality. My kids love it too and use it as a relaxing background to read or study.
on 6 September 2005
This is a wonderful soundtrack - even if you have never seen the film if you close your eyes and clear your mind, you will imagine yourself in a little hamlet in France, with the locals, red wine, french baguettes filled with chocolat!!!
The music is haunting, moving, and wonderful for gatherings around a dinner table.
If you are into soundtracks like myself, this is a must buy.
Enjoy, and immerse yourself in "Chocolat"
VINE VOICEon 11 August 2009
I have bought soundtracks in the past and you get some tracks that are a series of seemingly random, tuneless noises that make perfect sense when you watch the film, but simply do not work out of context; yes, I am thinking of you, Pirates of the Caribbean.

However, this CD is different in that all the tracks are self contained tunes which are all beautiful in their own right. It really does evoke the lovely warm chocolately feel you get watching the film. Beautiful soft flutes and violins and that wonderful steel guitar make this a real mixture of styles; slightly gypsy-ish, slightly french, a little South American with the pan pipes but all wonderfully light and delicate at the same time. Stunning.
on 22 November 2013
Heard wonderful music in a shop during a recent visit to Italy. I stayed longer, just hear a bit more of the music. When I asked the shop owner about it and she told me it was the film music to Chocolat. Back home I bought the cd and it's just perfect for sny occadion. Recommended!!!
on 21 September 2011
arrived on time, very good value, excellent light hearted entertainment. Should be linked to book 0-232 52457-2 Hilary Brand Darton Longman to bring out some of the interesting points made in the film. it can be viewed as pure entertainment however
on 12 August 2014
This is a lovely cd of typically french music it brings back fond memories of the film which I throughly enjoy watching periodically. It arrived quickly and in very good order and I am happy to buy from the seller again.
on 19 January 2013
Brilliant: I bought the CD for Minor Swing, but there's a lot more that's worth listening to. A real treat, some beautifully evocative themes and superb performances.
on 26 January 2016
Played this non stop during weeks leading up to my wedding. It kept me calm and was perfect background music for our wedding breakfast.