on 22 February 2005
I've listened to the original cd and the remastered and it definitely is cleaned up a lot more. While some people will take issue with the 'quality' of the voices, I think they're just fine. The original show was developed through workshopped scenes with professional dancers/performers. The non-"wow" voice quality of some of the cast actually makes the whole aural experience more 'real'.
The film totally ripped apart what is an awesome musical. 'Surprise' in the film is in no way a worthy replacement of the triple-montage number. We learn much more about the characters in the montage, rather than focusing on the black dancer.
'Music and the Mirror' will always be my faveourite, and I'm glad the Donna McKenchie does this beautiful song justice.
Overall a top quality album of an AMAZING musical.
on 6 August 2013
Haven't received the CD yet but just noticed that the Autorip version is actually this CD- the German language recording and not the Broadway cast

A Chorus Line

To look at it positively you're getting two versions of the cast recordings for the price of one and an opportunity to practice a foreign language.

To look at it negatively- Amazon obviously don't really care enough about Autorip to make sure that you are getting the MP3 version of the CD you bought.
on 16 July 2013
Have just downloaded this and it sounds as great, and better than you remember it.
Like visiting an old and treasured friend.
Dave Bissett
on 4 July 2013
This is a show I have longed to see which I did a couple of weeks ago. The CD of Chorus Line is a great reminder of the fantastic music and the hard work put in to performing it on stage. I have played the CD many times since receiving it and get a thrill every time I do.
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2009
Obviously no two singers sound the same, but having enjoyed for many years a cast (same cover on front as CD, I found this particular version somewhat lacking. Less clarity, quirkiness and power to many of the singing voices. I was disappointed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2014
Takes me back to the memorable 1970's when I saw the live musical in the West End, London as a young teen! I wore the LP out with continuous play back in those days. Serious trip of nostalgia, listening to the CD.
on 16 March 2015
I have the vinyl LP and an old cassette tape of this show, and have always loved it. I decided it was time for a CD and it's great; such fabulous songs. Fast delivery too.
on 26 October 2013
Just the best. I have known and loved this show since the 70s and it is wonderful to have a copy of these great lyrics and their music.
on 31 May 2013
A excellent quality Cd and superb quality services in everyway. So very many thanks for this brilliant purchase. 1 Very HAPPY customer!
on 8 January 2016
I never got to see this live, but loved the soundtrack. Another replacement for long lost vinyl.