on 31 December 2012
Bought to connect old AV equipment for recording onto my laptop. Does what it says on the tin. Very happy. Many Thanks.
on 26 May 2016
I bought these thinking I could connect the RCA (Video and stereo Sound output Jacks) of my TV directly to my PC. They do a good job, but needs driver/software to recognise what the connection is for before it can be used in any shape or form.

The lead, plugs and sockets are well made and should serve their purpose well. Just make sure you have all you need to use them.

It is worth noting, not all outlets are bi-directional signalling. Meaning, they can be an Input Source, or an Output Source or Both and or, at the same time (Duplex). You cannot push a signal to an output outlet, only receive. The opposite is true of and Input socket. Duplexing/Bi-Directional makes the socket both Input and Output. Bi-Directional doesn't always mean it can be in both states at the sametime.
Consider a scenario, a Disc Player is an Output device, A Disc Recorder is both an Output and Input device so it can both send and receive signals, but not at the sametime (Bi-Directional but not Duplex). Both can use the same connectors in most cases.

RCA outlets/plugs are mostly for transferring Analogue signals, whereas USB is for Digital signals. The lead can be used to go between the two signal states, providing the receiving device has the correct CoDec (COder ~ DECoder) in hardware, or sometimes software, for that specific purpose somewhere within the chain.

As they are, I give this product 4.5 stars rating.
on 15 February 2015
Good product. When the delivery was late the seller remedied it immediately. The Cable was unfortunately no good for what I needed to connect a laptop to the tv.
on 19 February 2014
Arrived on time,just what i wanted and does the job first class.
I can recommend this product.I needed it to transfer some videos from an old camcorder.
on 31 January 2014
want this lead to several jobs connecting to the computer....good quality..well made ..value for money...10/10...and arrived on time..me happy customer
on 21 May 2015
This is an unfair assesment of this item as it did not do what I bought it for (probably my mistake or lack of understanding what I was asking of it ). It appears well enough made.
on 13 February 2014
Could not get this to work and put this down to incompatible,this being reason for one star the lead tho was well mnade
on 2 January 2013
Item arrived very promptly and is just as described. It does the job perfectly and has solved a problem completely.
on 8 April 2013
the cable was exactly as described and what i wanted. it came in the designated time frame. no problems were found
on 27 April 2014
Found it was not quite what was required. My mistake! will investigate further and be in touch later in year
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse