Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 4 March 2002
Having read an article about Clare in Jazzwise Magazine. I decided to investigate further - I am so glad I did! I don't wish to pigeon hole Clare with other singers, but I am a very big fan of the dear departed Peggy Lee and I hear the same intimate quality in Miss Teal's voice mixed with a bit of Dinah Washington's growl and the ease of Anita O'Day or even Ella.
I think it's wonderful that a young singer with such talent chooses to dedicate her gift to the worthy name of Jazz. Listen in particular to the delicate phrasing of Speak Low, and the raw emotion of 'You're My Thrill' and 'Ill Wind'. A great find for British, American even Martian Jazz lovers everywhere.
on 4 September 2001
As a keen fan of the big american divas I seldom give myself the chance to listen to British equivalents. I was therefore beautifully surprised when I came across the Clare Teal CD at a friend's dinner party. It was the clarity of voice that struck me first, then the genuine delivery of the songs. The way she tackles 'You're My Thrill' is indeed thrilling but it's the fact that she seemlessly blends great songs from the American Songbook with her own material - which in my opinion is right up there with the likes of Porter, Gershwin and Kern. Interestingly since I discovered Clare, her name has popped up everywhere in the Times and the Yorkshire Post I even heard her interviewed on Radio 2 (she's naturally funny as well!) I am very much looking forward to seeing Clare live. I urge anyone with taste to buy this sparkling debut album. My best wishes to Clare. Good luck with your album. - E.D.C
on 22 January 2002
An excellent variety of song styles shows this vocalist off perfectly. Although not totally capturing her intensely moving live shows, the album is a gem for anyones collection. With several songs written by Clare mixed with exciting new arrangements of classic songs like Night & Day, this album can not fail to impress the die hard jazz vocal fan or a newcommer to this genre.
on 30 August 2001
Having first heard Ms Teal on Parkinson's Sunday Supplement. I decided I must investigate. I bought this album 2 months ago and simply can not stop playing it. I am left thinking where has she come from? Why have we never heard of her before? Thank God we have now!
Clare's phrasing and warmth is remarkable, her range and command - breathtaking, her delivery - spine-tingleing, her band - perfection and her original songs - all of the above and more.
Discover this wonderful woman for yourselves - you'll certainly thank me!
on 2 August 2001
I recently got this album and now its great music is heard again and again in our house. Clare has a wonderful warm voice and the band are fantastic ~ always tasteful and always swinging. It's a rare treat to hear some new songs as well as past favorites and they work incredibly well together. If you are catching up on the likes of Jane Monheit, Stacey Kent and Diana Krall then I highly recommend this album as an equal for your collection.
on 23 August 2001
Heaven is a CD by the young jazz singer Clare Teal. She takes you up - she takes you down - she takes you round and round the whole spectrum of emotions! I urge anyone who loves Ella, Sarah, Dinah etc buy this CD NOW! It is simply wonderful. The best part being she writes her own stuff too and it's eloquant, sophisticated and witty. Bravo a wonderful find for british jazz.
on 22 January 2002
on 7 February 2009
Clare's singing is wonderful and relaxing to listen to. Whether its swing classics or her own compositions they are delightful. A particular revelation is 'How little we know' by Hoagy Carmichael. A must buy.
on 19 November 2013
I really enjoy Claire Teal
I thought this album for me had a bit less wow factor but nonethelesss very enjoyable
on 4 February 2014
This is exellant for anybody who likes great music, choice of Tunes makes it top marks Many thanks Joyce Lambert