5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it!
Ok it is the most expensive sandwich toaster but it is excellent. Straight out of the box you realise this is a well made practical appliance. Solidly made in stainless steel with easily removable plates to put into the dishwasher.
Published on 11 May 2009 by Phillip J. Bell

Published on 1 May 2010 by Claire Steed

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it!, 11 May 2009
Phillip J. Bell (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
As for the sandwiches, they always come out fully toasted and sealed, no sticking soggy sandwiches with this beauty. I've made the usual cheese toasties with ham etc and also beans and cheese etc etc etc, all great.
The removable plates initially put me off as our George foreman grill has removable plates and it doesn't work as well as our small old one which was used to death. But no worries here it heats up quickly and has performed very well up to now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful - Sandwiches stick, leak and Teflon failed after 4 uses, 1 May 2010
Claire Steed (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
I've never been so disappointed in a product in my life. I saved for ages to buy this and although I have followed the instructions to the letter on toasting the sandwiches (season with oil etc, use melted butter to 'brown' the top of the toastie etc)they still leak everywhere and stick to the coating. The only good thing is that the plates are removeable for cleaning but today, after only 4 uses using plain old ham and cheese, the teflon is failing. Very very poor for such an expensive product. I've asked both Amazon and Cuisinart for help and it will be interestig to see what they say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb toasties, superb cleaning, 16 Feb 2012
This is a magical piece of kit for fans of toasties. It's most important feature being the ease of cleaning. This is not a toastie maker that will end up at the back of a cupboard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overstuffed........:-), 6 Jan 2010
Mr. J. Cook (Preston, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
We have had a number of sandwich makers in the past.........this is by far the best one yet. Easy to use, smart appearance and the build quality is excellent. None of the dribbling out that we have experienced with other sandwich makers and the easily removable plates are quickly cleaned, nothing sticks!

So.......why 4 stars and not 5?..........

Unfortunately one of the plates lost a smal fingenail size piece of the teflon(?) coating after only about half a dozen uses. This does not seem to have impaired the performance, but may do if the loss spreads.

We contacted Cuisinart about 3 weeks ago and they immediately promised to replace the plates, but as yet this has not happened, they are awiting delivery of spares. Presumably Christmas/New Year and the snow has/will cause delays.

In summary we are very pleased with the Cuisinart overstuffed sandwich maker, toasties are a joy to make now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor all round, 24 July 2012
We got this toaster a few weeks ago after my trusty Breville broke, in fact we bought 2 (one as a present)....However how I wish I had read the reviews on the slightly cheaper model as mine has exhibited most of the negative traits of its slightly cheaper brother...
When we first used it we found that the sandwiches didn't seal as the bread was too small for the plates ....After speaking to Cuisinart we were advised to use a specific bread which we did and got a marginal improvement, Ref minimal leakages whilst cooking but the sandwiches fell apart when cooked when removing from the toaster or putting on the plates....
When we received the 2nd toaster (the present) it arrived with a crack in the casing..It took nearly a week to arrange a return .....
Getting back to the first toaster we have now used it about 1/2 dozen times following the instruction IE oiling the plates buttering the bread etc but the Non- stick coating on the plates is no longer non-stick...we noticed this starting after about 3 uses and tried everything from washing with detergent using the dishwasher but it got worse.All we are doing is wasting food and electricity....we will be returning this machine and the 2nd which is still to arrive ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says, 12 Jun 2010
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
I haven't owned a toastie maker in years but after researching reviews I decided on the overstuffed sandwich maker. I was not disappointed. The toaster easily takes home-made bread (cut thicker than usual shop-bought loaves) and there is plenty of space for lots of fillings! I like the fact there are different heat settings (i'm still playing around to find the best result) and it is very easily cleaned - simply put the plates straight in the dishwasher. I'm not quite sure if the timing lights work properly as the green light stays on for a few minutes after the toastie is in - but this hasn't caused major problems yet. I would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy buyer of the Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
We were looking for a sandwich maker which was big and deep enough to hold a decent size sandwich. We also wanted one which was easy to clean. We were not disappointed when selecting this product. It really is brilliant. It's big enough to hold a decent size sandwich without it oozing over the edge and the depth lets you put in plenty of fillings. The plates remove for easy cleaning so there is no mess at all. It is worth every penny of the price and I can't recommend it enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best sandwich maker ever........BUT!, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
Let's get one thing straight right from the start........This sandwich maker makes the best toasted sandwiches and the fluffiest omelettes I've ever tasted, I use it everyday and it is worth every penny.

So why only 4 stars?

The build quality of this sandwich maker leaves a lot to be desired. After one use the catch that holds the bottom plate in place had come loose and would not retain the plate correctly so back it went.

But here is the thing. I brought my Cuisinart sandwich maker from John Lewis which means great service, no quibbling and a 5 year guarantee.

So here's the bottom line. If you live reasonably close to John Lewis and you are willing to return and replace your sandwich maker whenever it breaks then here's what you need to do:

1. Purchase Cuisinart sandwich maker from John Lewis
2. Take it home and unpack it from its box
3. Place all packing back in the box with the carrier bag and receipt
4. Store box somewhere safe

You are now going to have 5 years of awesome toasties, omelettes, calzones, quesadillas and fruit pies with the occasional hassle of having to box up your sandwich maker to get it replaced for a brand new one.

The alternative is to buy a different sandwich maker that won't make as good toasties and will probably only last 3 years max anyway!

1.0 out of 5 stars broken, 24 Mar 2013
Ms. L. Sayers (UK) - See all my reviews
For the money i paid for a button to be broken on receipt is a discrace. Flimsy

Have no confidence in this product

5.0 out of 5 stars CUISINART SANDWICH MAKER, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome (Kitchen & Home)
This is a really good product and well worth the money, it is efficient and the choice of fillers is endless.It is easy to clean and does not make a mess when using it unlike it cheaper competitors. A five star product.

Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome