5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film so much!
This stuff is incredible. Saturated colours, deep blacks, very sharp and fine grain. Prints are incredibly vibrant and scanned images are sharp and grain-free.

Published on 6 Sep 2011 by David

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on Fuji Reala (at least for scanning)
Ektar 100 seems to achieve its full speed and grain is very, very fine. Unfortunately this lack of grain has a trade-off, and that's a lack of edge sharpness and micro contrast. The detail is there but it's just not crisp. I'll stick to Reala, which is a bit grainier but sharp as a tack.
Published on 13 Oct 2011 by Rogerzilla

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film so much!, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)

It also seems to have very wide exposure latitude. There were a few shots where I thought I over-exposed it, then took another shot with less exposure. And when I got them back from the lab (peak imaging UK), I couldn't tell which was which.. I had two identical photos!

Colour bias is towards warm - reds are amazing and vibrant, but skies go an incredible deep blue too. Skin tones neutral to warm, and the blacks are really deep but look fantastic.

I guess you can tell that I absolutely LOVE this film!

5.0 out of 5 stars really good film, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
high-quality film from Kodak. The grain is very fine as promised, easy to scan. The colours are a bit reddish, but it adds to a character of pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fine grain film, though better suited to certain subjects, 26 Jun 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
I've shot quite a bit of this film over the years, just to see how I got along with it in numerous conditions.
My conclusion is that it's a good film for landscape work (if you like the tonality) it also does a nice job for subjects where a primary colour is important in the composition (abstract photography or possibly product shots)

I don't feel it's a good choice for portrait work (nor was it ever touted as such) the saturation is higher and not ideal for skin-tone reproduction (bar possibly some fashion work)

Details and resolution are excellent with a very fine grain and good dynamic range. I've scanned the film with a good Plustek scanner over a number of years and it never fails to impress in terms of sharpness and resolution. The colours do show a marked increase in saturation esp the greens (in a way that is quite different to velvia) reds are unusual in their representation they are not super bright like many digital cameras, but more of a maroon tint to them and a deeper contrast.

It's quite an unusual film in the look, very much unlike other negative films I have tried in the past, it's also somewhat different to the original Ektar from years past (which was available in a lower ISO rating than this) As with all negative film, over exposure tightens the grain up, latitude is good for a negative emulsion and it can be pushed a few stops if required (at the expense of shadows)

Ektar does scan well and if you like the colours and tones it's a high resolution film which you might like. For normal day to day shooting I would still suggest something a bit more neutral in tone. Worth trying though

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on Fuji Reala (at least for scanning), 13 Oct 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars This film gets your subjects hot..., 2 Mar 2011
Mr. D. Evans "Evansshoots" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
Tried a test roll of this last week, liked some results far better than others. As has been said, there is a reddish tint, which is great (ideal) when shooting in cool/blue light as it counteracts the light effect on your subjects. However, I'd not use this film in standard bulb conditions preferably, as it becomes unbearably red. Whilst this could be corrected digitally, I'm a bit old-school, and like my prints straight from the negative. Obviously not such a problem for people with their own colour developing facilities.

Conclusion:
-Outdoor portraits in winter, landscape etc... Great
-Indoor portrait, less than flattering

5.0 out of 5 stars Saturated colours!, 17 Aug 2013
C A Hurley (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
This film renders the world as a colourful place. It is particularly suitable for flowers and objects. I find it too vivid for people :-) (I prefer portra for people). But overall I think it's the closest colour negative film currently available to the legendary Fuji slide films, and cheaper to process too... Buy some and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36, 5 Aug 2013
J. W. Visser (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
It's a very good fine grained film. Tends to be a little bit high on the contrast but that can be corrected fairly easily if you're scanning the negative. Overall, I'm very pleased with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you could want from colour film, 11 July 2013
Picard (USS Enterprise) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
This is quite simply the perfect modern film stock. What more can be said about Ektar than the glowing reviews already on the web?

Kodak clearly understood the potential for mixed-media with this product, because it scans better than any other film I've used to date. The result of this is that far less of your time will be wasted in colour grading your images - Photoshop's auto level and tone features are, quite literally, the only adjustments required. Obviously, the user is advised to use their scanner software properly in preparation, but providing that you already know how to scan 35mm accordingly, then you really can't go wrong with Ektar. Images blow up with a higher definition than those shot on my (now retired) DSLR.

The resulting photographs are a marvel, and full of interesting properties. Grain free, but never looking like a digital camera. Vibrant, but rarely over-saturated. Ektar is even pretty versatile when you need to push the ISO - images at 400 can still look dynamic.

Where contrast is concerned, I would advise caution for beginners as this film operates very differently depending on your light source. Outdoor shots are actually quite difficult to mess up (especially in sunny conditions), but indoor shots will require more consideration for how the light hits the subject, as it can be finicky.

Ektar is particularly good for portraits, despite its reputation for reddening skin tones. From my experience however, the light source will affect this entirely and I only seem to experience the 'lobster' effect on subjects that have either spent too much time in the sun (e.g - The Old Man, circa 1970s sunbathing) or when the scene is under-exposed. Outdoor shots always produce creamy, even pale skin tones.

At 100 speed, the film is seemingly destined for outdoor life and well-light situations. That surely makes it the perfect holiday film, and its amazing ability to create idyllic, almost Technicolor-like images is more than likely due to the film's unique dynamic range. But unlike the classic Kodakchrome, Ektar shifts hues with a much more subtle effect.

But to sum up, I can happily say that it is films like this that remind me of why I ditched my DSLR in the first place. Each exposure has such interesting characteristics that it's difficult to even consider using a digital camera again, knowing that it will produce notably flat and sterile images, no matter how many megapixels it boasts. Ektar is now my primary colour film; thank you Kodak!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak film, 16 May 2013
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
I haven't used film for a long time, and don't use enough of it to make any comparison, all I can say is, I used this film in a camera with a prime lens, and the results where really very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars film still going!!, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: 1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36 (Electronics)
I shoot some film becuase i love it so much,, This film is nice,, very fine and colour is good,, hard to explain as it is subjective but i like the hues it produces...used with Nikon f100 and 50mm f1.4 mainly..

1 Kodak Prof. Ektar 100 135/36