5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, can't fault it
My ideal mascara is one that lengthens my lashes to really frame my eyes without looking overly dramatic or false. Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara ticks all the boxes!

Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by Otherkin

3.0 out of 5 stars "Packaging Varies"!? What packaging!?
Published on 23 Dec. 2012 by Fiona

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, can't fault it, 19 Feb. 2012

This mascara is miles cheaper than a designer brand but delivers the results you'd expect from a high end mascara. The brush is perfect and easily reaches the lashes at the very corner of your eyes to ensure an even spread of mascara. After just one application I find my eyelashes look longer and much more defined - each lash seems to stand out. It definitely accentuates the eye area without looking fake.

One of the most impressive things about this mascara is that it seems virtually smudge proof. All other mascaras I've tried have smudged on my under-eye skin if I blink too soon after applying, but this doesn't happen at all with 2000 Calorie. It seems to dry almost immediately. Rain and perspiration doesn't budge it, but it comes off easily enough when you wash your face.

My only niggle is that I'd like a little more actual volume at the roots of my lashes, especially from a mascara called 2000 Calorie. But this is only a minor issue. This mascara instantly lengthens and defines my lashes with minimal hassle, the price is very reasonable, and I can't see myself changes mascaras any time soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars super mascara, 2 Jun. 2012
having always used Max Factor mascara I tried the 2000 calorie mascara as it was a little cheaper than my usual false lash effect mascara. I found it equally as good and indeed it didn't clump up and went on smoothly, leaving my lashes looking thicker and natural. I will certainly use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent glamour!, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - 2 Black/Brown (Personal Care)
[[ASIN: B001GNBW16 Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara]]

My first Amazon order and a delight - bought this in Black-Brown after reading a recommendation in a magazine and love it! Promised to be flake-free and suitable for sensative eyes/contact lense wearers and I find it so. Free delivery plus pricedway better than high street! Bought 5 more for my friends delivered direct to Republic of Ireland (ordered in UK) - free postage again! Brilliant! Will use Amazon more! Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Packaging Varies"!? What packaging!?, 23 Dec. 2012
Fiona (Larne, N.ireland) - See all my reviews
I genuinely really love this mascara, it works really well! Normally I used 4/5 layers of mascara (no joke) but this just works so well. It also doesn't flake off and you don't need to rub your eyes for hours to get it off. 5 stars for the actual product itself! BUT I ordered it from here and when I received there was no seal, no shrink wrap, nothing. It was already open & this made very uneasy about keeping it and using it. I don't know how long it'd been open, who had opened it/why or if anyone had tampered with it. So I decided just to throw it out and try and find it in the shop again instead even if it is a little pricier.

Overall, great mascara. Bad seller/packaging (or lack of it).

1.0 out of 5 stars Pig in a Poke!, 12 Feb. 2013
I have bought this wonderful product many times before from beauty counters and always considered it the best masacara I have ever tried - but the one that was delivered to me from Amazon was rubbish - thick and clumpy consistency, just awful. I should have sent it back but its such a hassle - buyer beware!

2.0 out of 5 stars an ok mascara, 12 May 2011
i used to buy this mascara from boots and it was great, but stopped buying it when it got really expensive, then i saw it on amazon and bought two, well its not as good as it used to be should be renamed 2 calorie mascara, i had to put on 5 or 6 coats before it even noticed, would not buy it again

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert, 22 May 2012
I've used Maybelline mascara for years but tried this on the strength of the Amazon reviews and I really like it. It's thick without being claggy and coats lashes much more efficiently than my usual brand. It lasts well too but comes off smoothly with eye make up remover. I have to be careful with 'enhancing' mascaras because the flakes can get caught on my contact lenses but this thickens lashes without caking them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best by far, 7 Jan. 2013
Have used this for many years, tried Estée Lauder, and Dior and a many others but 2000 calories beats them all for me :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Knock at least two zeros off the calorie count and you're nearer the truth, 10 Jan. 2015
I can't believe I used to use almost exclusively max factor mascaras, I bought this as it was reasonably priced and thought I'd go back to my old brand for a change. It was quite a dry application and seems to make barely any difference to eyelashes. Not a bad mascara it stayed on well, and didn't flake much and gave a natural look. However if I wanted a totally natural look I wouldn't be buying a mascara called 2000 calories which claims to add a lot of volume. Not a bad product, there are just much better ones available these days.

1.0 out of 5 stars No packaging at all, not even a security / hygiene seal., 3 Dec. 2014
Packaging varies? I think this should read packaging non-existent. Aside from the Amazon cardboard packaging this item arrived with no packaging whatsoever, there was no security / hygiene seal in place and no cardboard / plastic wrapping at all. I will be complaining to Amazon and will be very weary of purchasing cosmetics here in the future.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - 2 Black/Brown