5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite powder at the moment
What a brilliant buy this was. It is soo cheap and yet gives better results than many of the excruciatingly expensive high-end powders I've used.

Published on 18 Sep 2010 by Otherkin

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I have a fake, but dried skin and accentuated lines!!!
After reading the reviews I bought this product. But its awful, cover didnt last and it made what are very fine lines (im only33) actually made them look worse. Will be throwing in bin.
Published 11 months ago by Jenster

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite powder at the moment, 18 Sep 2010

I have a slightly oily T-zone which can become flaky-looking if I use too many powders or other dry facial products. Max Factor's Creme Puff keeps my nose shine-free longer than any other coloured powder I've tried but doesn't accentuate flakiness or dry out my skin at all. I apply it over my primer, concealer and setting powder in the morning and it creates a really smooth, poreless, natural look that lasts until the end of the day. By early afternoon my nose looks slightly glowy but not at all shiny, and if I want to mattify it a bit I simply give myself a dusting of Creme Puff and have flawless skin again in an instant. The coverage is also pretty good for a pressed powder. I wouldn't wear this on its own over my slightly rosacea-prone nose, but when applied over concealer the redness is almost entirely eliminated.

There are a couple of drawbacks, the obvious one being the smell. Creme Puff has a VERY powdery (and probably artificial) scent, which could deter some people. It isn't that the smell is unpleasant - it harks back to glamorous 1920s ladies powdering their noses in front of their vanity tables - but it's just SO strong. I have got used to it now though, and it does vanish once you've applied the powder and put the compact away.

More annoying than the smell, in my opinion, is the sponge that is supplied with the compact. It's really abrasive and scratchy and does not allow you to apply the powder smoothly. I quickly disposed of it and am now using the lovely soft sponge from one of my old compacts. I'd recommend you do the same to ensure the best, smoothest application.

As far as choosing the correct shade goes, the little colour squares on the amazon page actually seem fairly accurate. I have very pale skin so went for what I presumed was the fairest shade, Truly Fair. It has turned out to be a good match, and I would recommend it for most pale-skinned women. It does have slightly pinky undertones, but luckily this hasn't emphasised any redness on my skin at all. If you have very bad rosacea or acne, though, you might be better off going for a more yellowy shade such as Candle Glow.

This is a very effective and very inexpensive product, which I imagine is why it's been around for so long. Hopefully it'll be around for a good while longer, as I intend to use it for some time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Moms' Favourite, 24 Dec 2012
My Mom has been using Max Factors' creme puff in Tempting Touch since I was a tot, she is now 87 and still uses it, everyday. Mom says she's not "dressed" without it.
Just to smell its original perfume brings back marvellous memories, most of all the hugs and kisses she gave me.
I now use it, I hope it imparts some lovely memories to my grandchildren.
thank you Max Factor and Amazon.
Bez H.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUst like I remember, 6 Oct 2009
J. Curl (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Max Factor Creme Puff Compact Powder - 5 Translucent (Personal Care)
I haven't been able to get this product for a long time as I am often abroad so I was very pleased to see it on Amazon. Its just as good as I remember it and it fits perfectly into my collection of vintage powder compacts. It doesn't crumble and goes on smoothly. Just right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect compact, 27 Feb 2013
I love the smell of this powder, it takes me right back to when I was a kid. I take the powder out of the plastic tin and put it in my own compact as it fits the Strattons and other compact makes perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and doesn't come off., 12 Aug 2013
Bought if for my wife who's been using it for umpteen years. She's fortunate in having a young skin but slightly conscious of its fresh air look so for anything posh she puts it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creme Puff - an underrated vintage product, 4 Feb 2009
It's not very fashionable or particularly glamorous, but I have recently come back to Creme Puff, having bought a rather nice vintage compact. CP covers easily, cleanly and is gentle on my rather dry skin. It gives excellent coverage, without being powdery, the range of colours is good, but I would recommend Medium Beige as a starting point. It covers uneven skin tone, redness, small spider veins and lightens the under eye area. I haven't noticed any reaction and it's easily removed despite being lasting on the skin. At the price, I think it's pretty good. However, I don't use the rather mean sponge puff supplied, I use a brush. More lush!

5.0 out of 5 stars Face Powder, 13 Sep 2013
This is the only face powder I use and so the price is the best ever,and delivery was quick.
Will order more when needed

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Reliable Value for money, 27 Nov 2010
Mrs. J. A. Miliotis (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
I have used Creme Puff for many years, and often been tempted to try alternatives. However, without fail I usually leave the new product within a couple of days and revert to the old faithful. It leaves a soft matt finish, without drying the skin, is a good price and totally reliable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I have a fake, but dried skin and accentuated lines!!!, 20 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth skin, 24 Dec 2012
I love this product. I have used many different foundations and powders over the years but always return to this. Can be used alone over moisturiser, gives good coverage. Non drying, doesn't look "powdery", skin looks smooth, it adds just enough colour. It has got a slightly "perfumey" smell which soon disappears. I find this shade suits my skin tone which is quite fair with blonde hair and blue eyes.