5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clear
Published on 15 Jun 2010 by A Consumer

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!
Terrible quality images on screen considering my photos were taken on a good quality digital camera - very disappointing. Many photos also appear cropped and on wrong orientation, even though they are regular sized and show the correct way round on my pc - very strange.
Published on 16 July 2011 by yorkshiregal

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and clear, 15 Jun 2010
I got this for my mother, who is 94, because I wamted to re-connect her with her family past. She loves it, and once I'd set the slide show to change photos every 10 seconds, she now constantly watches her 400+ chaotically-kept photos that I dug out of drawers, boxes, wallets and so on, and then photographed on to a single SD card. Best of all, she just plugs it in and off it goes - no tricks or decisions (although it has the usual variations). The trouble is, she now wants me to do the same with the photos that ARE in albums. A big hit. I guess it's basic. It was certainly cheap. It does, however, do the job, and if my mother can see the photos clearly, then the quality must be OK. It's been great to hear her reminisce about the people in the photos, some of whom I knew nothing about. There. Is all that too technical?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 23 Nov 2009
I ordered this as a gift along with a different Sony digital photo frame for another family member - I had to send the Sony back - it was no match for this frame and it was twice as expensive.
I had reservations about ordering this but thought I could send it back if I wasn't happy - but I am.
The photos I viewed on this frame were taken on 5 Mega Pixel, there was no distortion at all, crystal clear.
I was really surprised as it was half the price of the Sony. I viewed the same pictures on the Sony and they were quite grainy.
I viewed the pictures first at less than arms length, then thought I should try it a bit further away - still crystal clear.
It's probably is not as expensive looking as the Sony or has as many functions but it provides a better picture and you can plug in a card reader via USB. This frame will adjust the picture to fit the frame without distortion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value For Money, 2 Sep 2009
This is a lovely basic digital photo frame. If you want something high-Tec with lots of features & a high level of image quality this isn't for you. But as a basic plug & play digital photo frame its excellent. The images are crisp, the slide show feature is good and I like the fact that the frame is perspex so not easily damaged (hopefully!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Oct 2010
I found this photo frame to be excellent value for money. The picture quality is very good and the controls simple. It only reads JPEG images and does so from either a USB stick or an SD card. It is said to support other storage media but I can't vouch for it not having tried anything else. The images are displayed only in name order there being no random setting. The device appears well made and performs better than expected given the price. My only criticism of it is the power cord which is a bit short.

Potential buyers should take note that this frame has a 16:9 aspect ratio while the majority of raw images from whatever source do not. If you just want to take the card from a digital camera and plug it in then you should perhaps choose a frame with a 4:3 ratio screen since a 4:3 image on a 16:9 screen will either have black bars at the ends or be clipped on the long axis.
If on the other hand you choose to edit your photos then write them to an SD card cropping suitable pictures to roughly 16:9 can give very pleasing results on this little frame provided of course that you don't want to mix landscape and portrait formats in a slide show.

Used within its limitations it deserves five stars but be sure that you know what you want before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 18 Dec 2009
Ms. H. Hammerton "Hazel" (East Anglia UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this when it was 24.99 and I know it's gone up since (see date of review) but for that price I could not have got it any better. It does what it says. The screen is really clear and the functionality is really simple to use (which is perfect as a present for my 50/60 years old parents). I also got a 2mb SD card and SD card reader so I could down load all the pictures I wanted and set them up ready so when they opened it, it's ready to go. Also they can add more pictures later. I've so far got just under 200 pictures on the card and there is still room.

Because it's basic it doesn't randomise your files, I found, so had to randomise them myself and re-write the file names in number order so it would play them as I wanted. But once I'd done that it looked great and was there for very easy to add new ones to the order. The way it randomally scrolls through the pictures is brill. One may slide to the side to reveal the next underneath, the next may roll into a tube and roll to the otherside, then the next appears from the background really small zooms about then pops up to the screen. Only one picture per revolution though but still great.

The frame can be set up for portrait or landscape with the menu buttons at the back (mine are set at landscape as most of the pictures are scaped that way) and the stand will just twist round one position at a time to the required postion. It feels sturdily built and fairly robust, so probably survive a few accidental knocks from my niece and nephew. The cable for the socket could have been longer but looks fairly standard, about 1 metre. The only let down for me is that the SD card slot doesn't have spring back. When you slot the card in it's really stiff at 1st to get it fully in to be read and then I found that I had to wiggle it slightly left and right to cajole it back out again with a firm finger grip. I bought 2 and they are both the same so I assume they are all like that. I've put the cards in and out a few times now and it is getting easier, but it made me panic at 1st as I didn't think I was going to get it out again! I'm glad I decided on SD cards instead of a usb stick as you would be able to see it sticking out the side through the transparent outer frame which would be a shame. If the frame colour was solid this wouldn't be a concern, so something to think of when choosing which way you're frame will access stored files. Perhaps get the frame 1st then choose the file storage option.

Overall an excellent frame for the price I paid and can't wait to see what they think of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photoframe!, 14 May 2009
Hi folks.. This is my first digital picture frame, and I think its a cracking buy. Does exactly what it says on the tin, really easy to use.. literally pop your card in and your away.. the slide show starts automatically. Its a fab feature in the living room and cant fault the picture quality, its great!! Highly recommend for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money A++, 13 Aug 2010
I already have a digital photo frame and it cost a pretty penny one of the more well known brands but was after two for family members who just wanted something that would be easy to use economical and still provide great quality images. We trawled the internet and came across this product i did read other reviews for this product which also came across as good so decided to give it a go, we were very pleasantly surprised this looks amazing and the picture quality is second to non considering the price tag. I would definately recommend this product if you are looking for a great quality product, easy to use and comes with a great price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Frame for the Price, 6 July 2009
K. Guy (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband and not being very technical was not sure I could set it up. No worries, so easy looks great and am going to purchase more as christmas presents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 6 Dec 2009
This review is from: KitVision 7 inch Digital Photo Frame with Built-In Stand Supporting SD/MMC/MS Memory Cards - Silver (Electronics)
I was pleasantly suprised when this photo frame came, its great value and looks good for the money. Would have been nice though if it came with a memory card. But not too big a deal, as the price is right and looks better in the flesh than in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars KITVision DPF15BKK 15 inch Digital Photo Frame - Black, 13 Jun 2010
This was bought as a birthday present for me - it is now on the wall showing pictures from the computer amongst other black framed pictures of family interest - it is absolutely fabulous and is a talking point of everyone who visits. The quality of the pictures is extremely good and sharp.