on 31 July 2013
I bought this OCZ PSU just over two years ago (to replace a Q-Technology 400W PSU that, after some 6 years of more or less continuous operation without a hitch, expired with a bang!). I was impressed with the OCZ's external build quality and the cables and connectors supplied with it. I judged that the 500W rating was more than adequate to run the PC in which it was installed, which was quite an old machine with a few disk drives but no particularly power-hungry video cards etc. For two years the PSU worked fine in this PC, which generally ran continuously with only infrequent on-off cycles. Then recently it suddenly died.

As the PSU was still within OCZ's 3-year warranty I contacted them through their website. OCZ emailed me with an RMA number within 24 hours, and a return address in the UK. I duly sent off the dead PSU (cost £6.19 via Collect+) and received a replacement unit (the same model) just over a week later - evidently shipped over from the Netherlands. As far as I can tell it is a new unit (not reconditioned), but without the snazzy cable bag that came with the original PSU. I haven't tried it out yet as I needed to have the PC running asap so in the meantime I bought and fitted a Seasonic PSU.

So only 3 stars for the OCZ PSU - because it failed after just two years in a relatively undemanding system. But full marks to OCZ for honouring their 3-year warranty promptly and without a quibble!!
on 27 September 2009
Excellent, nothing more needed!

Ok then, I bought this after reading a review in Custom PC magazine and they definetly know thier stuff. It comes with several cables that as the PSu is modular means you plug in the cable you need to the PSU and put the ones you dont in a drawer, improving airflow inside you pc and tidying it up a bit. If you think of an old PSU all the cables are attached and cannot be removed, some of them you don't use and therefore as they cannot be removed just get in the way.

Very good product from a well established company recommended by a well respected computer magazine.
Purchased this to help power a new graphics card.

Really nicely packaged and as someone who isn't especially technical I didn't have any issues with the installation. Came with more than enough cables and was able to supply my new graphics card which required a twin supply. Very easy to install and you even get a little cable pouch to store the unused cables in.

Unlike my last PSU the fan is also virtually silent, I didn't realise what a racket the old supply was making until I powered this one up and could hear myself think.

Very pleased and totally recommend.
on 22 March 2013
My PSU died after two years. OCZ gives you a fancy "power swap warranty" for three years, but they did not tell me that you have to send (AND PAY) your faulty PSU to a warehouse in the Netherlands, and they are not going to refund these expenses. From Spain the shipping cost was higher than buying a new PSU, so warranty for nothing.

A quality PSU should last more than two years and two months. Seriously, before buying any products from OCZ bear in mind how far you live from the Netherlands.
on 25 January 2013
Although this is not the cheapest Power Supply at the 700 wattage it is certainly true you get what you pay for. The only issue is that main cables could be longer. However the idea of plugging in only the necessary cables is very good as your computer doesn't end up clogged with power cables, which allows more ventilation and obviously less over-heating.
on 15 September 2011
This is a great power supply. i am running a single hd6970 graphics card on it 1100t prossesor and handles with ease but this dosnt have many modular outs on. i would not recommend this for anyone wishing to crossfire or sli but for a single card this is a must.OCZ OCZ700MXSP-UK 700W ModXStream Pro Power Supply
on 29 March 2010
Easy to fit with good options for cables with the modular system. Looks to be solidly built - only time will tell. Functioning well in my system - quiet and effective.

Update: 17th December 2012
This power supply is still working very effectively and quietly (just over two years and 8 months on). I am seriously thinking of getting another to build my next system - I use the other one most days for around 12 hours a day. I think that's a pretty good reason for getting another!
on 3 February 2010
If you want to stop the inside of your PC looking like a rats nest these modular power supplies are ideal. Reduced clutter inside the case is not only neater and more efficient but helps with the flow of air through the case.

Fitting is straight forward and although it comes with minimal printed instructions (it simply tells you to unplug the computer from the mains before proceeding) the supplied cables are labelled (PCI-Express, SATA etc.) and colour coded, so you can't really go wrong. Mother board power cables are fixed to the PSU as normal.

There are two PCI Express cables supplied (although there are four attachment points on the PSU) which seem to have different plugs on - one fitted my nVidia card, I assume the other would fit an ATI card. This if fine if you only have one graphics card but is obviously an issue if you have two or more cards, even though the box states SLI support. As I don't have an SLI set-up I would suggest those that do check the OCZ website before purchasing to make sure you get the right cables for your needs.

Other than that this is a good quality, easy to install and quiet power supply.
on 12 February 2013
Brought this for a PC build that was frankly, long overdue...
My old PC power supply was going slowly AWOL and I didn't want to begin a new build with cannibalised parts that were on their last legs.
Now, this is not a 100% modular, which may disappoint some - however the attached cables are a pretty practical selection that will tick the boxes for most basic powering needs (motherboard connector and 12volt supply - errm that's it). The rest of the cables arrive in a little back and there are plenty of them....SATA power, PCI power, molex connectors all here and ready to be plugged in to the PSU. Also, a nice design notion, as the fan PULLS air through the unit and vents it at the rear... it means the airflow around it when in place can be totally independent from the airflow inside your PC (mine is on the bottom of the case and is pulling air through the dust filter - that is a part of the PC case design).
Nice and quiet too...

So, yeah -whilst 500w is not huge in the world of power, it's more than enough for a modest to medium spec set-up without eating into the money pot too much.
on 19 March 2012
I was upgrading my grapics card from a Nvidia 8600GT to a Nvidia 460 GTX so my 400W PSU was no longer powerful enough, so after reading a LOT of reviews, I eventually decided on this one, and it's been perfect. I'd never go back to a non modular PSU now, being able to attach exactly the wires you need is so convenient and tidy.
This PSU has been powering my computer for 4 months now, no problems whatsoever, noise level is fine (never noticed any excess noise), very robust and would recommend :)