4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Bought this a week ago for a festival we were headin to, my hair tends to be a disaster so I figured I'd try something new this time! I have bleached blonde hair so was a bit worried when I read some of the reviews saying it breaks hair and doesn't straighten.

Published on 10 Sep 2010 by michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss G1 Gas straighteners
Bought these couple days ago, having bought my dream straighteners - GHD. Whilst I didn't see these in any way as
equal or as a replacement for my GHDs, I thought they would be very useful, once I had straightened my hair in the morning,
Published on 31 Mar 2010 by MERILYN

3.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss G1 Gas straighteners, 31 Mar 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
and as I work in a warm office - brilliant for taking with me in the morning, and using as touch ups, like you do with a brush!
In this respect they are brilliant,get nice and hot after few mins, and are slim and light enough to carry in your handbag.

Overall, I would recommend as a useful addition for the busy modern woman, used after main straighteners (not a replacement). Nice and light and look smart.

Yes, worth buying, as so very cheap when you consider what they do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)

I strongly disagree with the other reviews!! We shared it between four girls every day for four days and no complaints, I turned it on and left it for about 5 mins, straightened allvmy hair and it was perfectly straight, no caught hairs or anything.

As for the price of the gas canistors being expensive I did agree, but after we came back we had only used half of one and had bought 2 extra goin up thinkin we'd need loads!!

I didn't give it five out of five because I still missed my GHD. It takes longer to straighten your hair cause I wanted to be careful,and i prob wouldn't use it at home. but will def be leavin it in the car as it is now an essential for any upcoming trips!!!! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that brilliant, 13 April 2010
S. Williams (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
When you ae used to GHD straighteners these come nowhere near. I did not expect them to be superb but they hardly straighten my hair and it's not very wavy.

They are ok on a small fringe and convenient if you are away.

1.0 out of 5 stars Part of product missing!, 27 Nov 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Haven't even tried these yet and already I am very disappointed! It said that in the box you get 1 straightener and 1 energy cell! There is NO energy cell in this box!! Now I am stuck and cannot use this product for what it was intended. I will have to rush around buying another travel hair straighteners! Very very disappointed. This information should be fixed immediately!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product!!!!!!, 6 May 2014
A really nice straightener. You don't have to think about finding somewhere to plug your straighteners or, will they work abroad. My hair is really frizzy. They work really well on my hair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 26 April 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Bought these to take to a festival in Summer. My hair is a wavy mess without my straighteners so these are a must have for me personally when away from home! They take a good 5 to10 minutes to heat up but aside from that, they're great!

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this like many others as a device used for on the ..., 19 Dec 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
I bought this like many others as a device used for on the move touch ups. It also comes in handy if the powers ever out. This is it's sole purpose - it is never intended to be a permanent replacement for ghds

The straighteners themselves are rubbish! I thought they were good like many others at first. However - it takes absolute ages to straighten your hair as firstly it can't handle too thick a amount of hair (if your in a rush) and secondly the tightness of the clamp means you have to be extra careful in not pulling your hair out! The tightness is a good thing by the way if it was loose there is no way it would straighten your hair but it stills risks pulling hairs out.

More importantly, once your hair is straight literally within the next hour all the hard work disappears. It does not hold the straightness of your hair at all! So whilst it may please you enough to leave the house it will literally gradually turn back into the exact same mess it was before 1 - within atleast an hour. This is also not very hard to believe as this is something GHDs are good at - but it does bring fourth the question of what the point of purchasing these even is? It will probably take you an hour to straighten your hair and an hour for every link to go back to how it was! Completely useless in my opinion!

As a side note - regarding the gas canisters - they really are not expensive given the amount of time they last. Also last time I checked they are available at Argos so if you ever need it there and then it's very easy to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without, 21 July 2011
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
The straightners heat up very quickly, they are easy to use, they cool down fairly quickly and have a cover. Gas was included. Can't live without mine now as they are so useful for taking on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, I keep it in my car, because ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Fab, I keep it in my car, because as soon as my fringe gets wet from rain or sweat it goes curly. Couldnt be without them now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn good, perfect for festivals and camping, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Damn good, perfect for festivals and camping. It comes with one fuel thingy lasts surprisingly long. Doesn't take too long to heat up and they do the job nicely. Obviously these aren't going to be as hot or as effective as electric straighteners but i think they are a great alternative and not too expensive.

BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener