4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Bought this a week ago for a festival we were headin to, my hair tends to be a disaster so I figured I'd try something new this time! I have bleached blonde hair so was a bit worried when I read some of the reviews saying it breaks hair and doesn't straighten.

Published on 10 Sep 2010 by michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss G1 Gas straighteners
Bought these couple days ago, having bought my dream straighteners - GHD. Whilst I didn't see these in any way as
equal or as a replacement for my GHDs, I thought they would be very useful, once I had straightened my hair in the morning,
Published on 31 Mar 2010 by MERILYN

3.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss G1 Gas straighteners, 31 Mar 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
and as I work in a warm office - brilliant for taking with me in the morning, and using as touch ups, like you do with a brush!
In this respect they are brilliant,get nice and hot after few mins, and are slim and light enough to carry in your handbag.

Overall, I would recommend as a useful addition for the busy modern woman, used after main straighteners (not a replacement). Nice and light and look smart.

Yes, worth buying, as so very cheap when you consider what they do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)

I strongly disagree with the other reviews!! We shared it between four girls every day for four days and no complaints, I turned it on and left it for about 5 mins, straightened allvmy hair and it was perfectly straight, no caught hairs or anything.

As for the price of the gas canistors being expensive I did agree, but after we came back we had only used half of one and had bought 2 extra goin up thinkin we'd need loads!!

I didn't give it five out of five because I still missed my GHD. It takes longer to straighten your hair cause I wanted to be careful,and i prob wouldn't use it at home. but will def be leavin it in the car as it is now an essential for any upcoming trips!!!! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that brilliant, 13 April 2010
S. Williams (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
When you ae used to GHD straighteners these come nowhere near. I did not expect them to be superb but they hardly straighten my hair and it's not very wavy.

They are ok on a small fringe and convenient if you are away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Let your hair decide, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
The idea of portable straighteners seems like the idea of the century! You've just left the office and are on a walk to a either a date or a bar to meet someone, regardless if you're meeting anyone or not you're self conscious about the way your hair looks. This is where Babyliss 2581BU comes in, instead of unplugging your desktop at work or travelling all the way home from London to make your hair look great you can sneak into a toilet cubical can come out looking fresh. But the Babyliss 2581BU has it's limitations.

The hair straighteners are cordless and they are powered by gas rather than a rechargeable battery. This means that you will need buy a energy cell in order to power it and this makes sense. Taking an appliance straight from your bag that heats up to 300 degrees isn't safe and therefore isn't possible in the form of a portable hair mod con. Of course you can place a firework in your bag with two metal sheets up this may cause damage to the ground floor of the bar where you're straightening yourself.

The Babyliss 2581BU heats up to 215 degrees which because of my grandads think hair means it'll still make my hair look worn and greasy. I like the product and would highly recommend it because it is great for what it is and it does what it can in order to keep up with safety regulations (I'm not an EC regulator so someone confirm this for me) but if you've got thick hair all it's going to do is make it look straighter... but not straight.

So if you've got thin hair and need a convenient hair straightener then this may be the best on the market, if not then slap a palmful of shockwaves on your head before you leave for work, comb it and play with it around 5pm when it's solidified. Good design, innovative and handy but only if you have the hair for it. 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without, 21 July 2011
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
The straightners heat up very quickly, they are easy to use, they cool down fairly quickly and have a cover. Gas was included. Can't live without mine now as they are so useful for taking on holiday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 26 April 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Bought these to take to a festival in Summer. My hair is a wavy mess without my straighteners so these are a must have for me personally when away from home! They take a good 5 to10 minutes to heat up but aside from that, they're great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, I keep it in my car, because ..., 6 July 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Fab, I keep it in my car, because as soon as my fringe gets wet from rain or sweat it goes curly. Couldnt be without them now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn good, perfect for festivals and camping, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
Damn good, perfect for festivals and camping. It comes with one fuel thingy lasts surprisingly long. Doesn't take too long to heat up and they do the job nicely. Obviously these aren't going to be as hot or as effective as electric straighteners but i think they are a great alternative and not too expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, 24 May 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
pretty much as described bought this for my mum for holiday and as far as i can tell she's pretty happy with it

3.0 out of 5 stars straighters, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener (Personal Care)
These take time to heat up but heat up hot. Would only recommend them for fine hair and even that is a struggle for them.

BaByliss 2581BU Pro Cordless Straightener