Great idea and once you get them into the wall they're fantastic. Saves having horrible extension cables everywhere.

However... As many others before me have said, the product design leaves a lot to be desired.

Published 19 months ago by T. BAKER

2.0 out of 5 stars Check Before Buying...
Published 16 months ago by Jay

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic idea, with some very frustrating product design issues, 25 Oct. 2013
T. BAKER "tpwb" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang (DIY & Tools)

1) The most obvious. The screws provided with the product are too short for anything but standard housing set into 1 plasterboard thick walls. And given that I just bought 10 extra long screws (ha!) for a quid, you'd have thought that the seller would chuck a couple in with each order.

2) The screws to fasten the wires in with are very difficult to get at due to the outer casing.

3) The holes to put the wiring into are too small.

4) If you accidentally completely unscrew the screws for holding the wiring in place they fall into the unit and you have to take the whole thing apart to get them out again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang (DIY & Tools)
Good product, delivered very quickly, securing the wiring is problematic if you have more than two wires going into the terminal.
Also difficult to align with existing screw holes when fixing, due to the width of the box and length of the screws.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solution, 24 Nov. 2011
I needed 2 additional sockets so I could leave my Sky box and a powerline adapter plugged in separately (instead of using a 4 way extension) This items gave me an easy way to do this. The plastic is a bit cheap feeling, but then it was fairly cheap anyway.

All in all a good product for now as I don't have too much load going through this, but the ideal solution is to eventually add an additional socket to the wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Easy to fit., 6 April 2015
I have a few of these around the house. They work well so far but the plastic feels a little flimsy when compared to the rock solid 40 year old sockets they've replaced. I guess that's normal these days (everything is built down to a price). Just be careful when removing plugs from the edge sockets (I usually use my other hand to brace the wall socket as I'm pulling it out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Need more power points.?, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang (DIY & Tools)
Great, works fine easy to fit. - two sockets by my TV for tv, Sat box, Dvd, Sound bar and chromecast I had cables and extensions all in a mess to get the required amount of sockets. Also I use network adaptors for internet networked over the mains this works perfectly through this converter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Fitted very quickly, 15 Mar. 2015
Excellent product.
Fitted very quickly, Supplied screws were just long enough.
Connection points were big enough to take 2 cables per connection ( 3 for Earth) in Ring Main

Would purchase again

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 6 Mar. 2014
A very useful product, did the job for me. What else can I add, I have no idea, but there should be a certain amount of words in the review, couldn't finish it off with "bla-bla-bla", would have been rude.

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw away those horrible plug adapter boxes and upgrade to this 4gang converter socket., 13 Mar. 2015
NFK39 (Staines area.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang (DIY & Tools)
Does exactly as it said on the tin! I found no problem with connecting the two ring main cables and fixing the unit into the existing steel wall box.
Delivered promptly and well packed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit converter, 22 Dec. 2014
Mr. B. Kirkpatrick "Bren" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang (DIY & Tools)
This is a great easy to install product. Just check the width of surrounding area can accommodate the extra space required by the converter socket.
Great product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Check Before Buying..., 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang (DIY & Tools)
My package arrived quickly and in good condition, however, upon coming to fit it, I quickly found out that the terminals are very small and will not fit two incoming cables - ruling out the socket behind my TV, where I wanted it fitted. It felt solidly constructed and I'm sure it would've been fine had the terminals been bigger. Unfortunately, I had come to fit it until after the 30 day return period had passed, so it's now sat in my man drawer waiting for a time when it may be useful for anything more than a paperweight.

Converter Socket 1 Gang To 4 Gang