5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz FM or Soul FM?, 13 Dec 2008
This review is from: The Sound of Jazz FM 2008 (Audio CD)
My first listen to this album reminds me of the early eighties soul of which I am very much a fan. With quite a few artists that I remember from that time and still listen to now. There are a number of what I call Jazz tracks which was what I expected. Having said that there is not a track I did not like and now going back for a second helping. Try it, if you like Jazz and Soul I do not think you will be disapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent selection of jazz music simply superb!, 8 Feb 2009
A. J. Stevenson "Anthony Stevenson" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of Jazz FM 2008 (Audio CD)
When it comes to choosing tracks for a launch cd for the number one jazz fm radio station then you need some experts on board.Well they certainly pulled all the stops out on this double cd the choice of material issued is without doubt representative of the more up to date styles and stands out on its own in a crowd.Can't wait for the second one to be released although we may have to hold on for some time there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of Jazz FM, 11 Aug 2010
MARIO MATSUKURA JR (SAO PAULO // BRAZIL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of Jazz FM 2008 (Audio CD)
My first listen to this album reminds me of the early eighties soul of which I am very much a fan. With quite a few artists that I remember from that time and still listen to now. Great option!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, 11 July 2009
This review is from: The Sound of Jazz FM 2008 (Audio CD)
Simply great. Best that I have in my collection. Artist like Anita Baker, Luther Vandross and Lou Rawls and you know that you can't make mistake with purchasing this double cd. Buy it immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Jazz Fm, 22 Nov 2009
Brian Martin "lucky laddie" (Erskine Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Sound of Jazz FM 2008 (Audio CD)
Ive always been a fan of the Jazz Fm CDs as they always put out quality before the station was sold off.
Following the demise of the station I went about obtaining all the previous CDS in the series, so Im very pleased to see both the station and Cds back.

Im glad to say I was not disappionted with the CD put together by Ralth T from Expansion and Steve Quirk from Jazz Fm.

There's more soul on offer here than Jazz but all great stuff and no need to skip tracks, a great package put together by music lovers.

Buy with confidence.

The Sound of Jazz FM 2008
The Sound of Jazz FM 2008 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2008)