5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!
First off the machine is really well made with the usable parts being made of metal. It looks great in my kitchen too.

Then there is the huge amount of bonus extras you get including the welcome pack, your voucher for a free box of capsules, points to spend online and right now there is a free box of mocha with every purchase!

Then there are the...
Published on 17 Jan 2009 by M. Sargent

3.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee but machine often gets blocked
Was pleased with the ease of use and range of coffee that can be purchased,but had a problem with the water needle getting blocked so no water comes out.rang the customer services who told us that it was probably a coffee grain blocking the needle and told us what to do for the older model that has removable needle assembly but not for this one. we managed to remove the...
Published on 15 Mar 2009 by Jackie F

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great coffee machine, 10 Jan 2009
J. Hanson - See all my reviews
This review is from: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto by Krups KP210040 Coffee Machine, Black, 15 Bar Pressure Pump (Kitchen & Home)
Just bought this from Amazon and really pleased with it. Easy to use and makes great coffee. I have a Senseo machine but have always been a little disapointed with taste of coffee, the taste of the ones I have tried so far with this new machine are miles better. Can't wait to try the other flavours!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolce Gusto Fantastico!, 31 Jan 2009
Mrs. J. A. Smith "Jackie" (Bedworth, Warks, UK) - See all my reviews
My Mum gave me some money as a present and I wanted to buy something special instead of just wasting the money.
I deliberated long and hard and finally decided on the Dolce Gusto machine. I had seen the advert where they dance around and thought the styling was great. I like my specialist coffee but I'm no connoisseur so price and looks was the decider for me.
My Dolce Gusto machine arrived with some free samples of coffee pods, a free cup and saucer and free latte glass. The coupon for points was not included so I called the helpline number and was given a reference code to add points to my Dolce Gusto account. With these points you can buy things from the online shop.
I love my Dolce Gusto machine. The coffee tastes as good as and often better than the takeaway coffee I buy in the specialist coffee bars in town. It also works out much cheaper.
I like the different coffees such as latte, mocha and cappuccino. My son loves the hot chocolate (Chococcino) and my husband loves the espresso. My Mum doesn't like coffee but she loved the Chococcino.
The machine looks great in the kitchen. Like a work of art. It's very easy to operate. So far I have found no downside to this machine. In fact it is so much fun to operate that we fight over who gets to make the drinks!
We have had the machine for about 2 months and use the machine most evenings but it still feels like a special treat.
Thanks Mum. xx

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better !, 27 Mar 2010
Bill F (Bingley, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had mine about 4 months. I was attracted to it by the number of varieties of drink it can produce - Latte, Chocolate, etc, as well as regular espresso. At the end of the day though, I bought it to make nice coffee, and I have decided the coffee is not all that good.

First the good points ... It looks good, it's easy to fill with water, it produces piping hot drinks. It warms up ready to use in about 35 seconds for the first drink - subsequent drinks are almost instant.

Now the bad points ... The pods are surprisingly bulky, and very messy. We keep a selection in a medium sized bowl next to the machine and it doesn't hold very many. When you eject a used pod, it leaks, so we drop them into a large oversized mug next to the machine, before taking to the dustbin. If you don't put them in a waterproof receptacle you will find a puddle developing. Some drinks require 2 capsules (coffee or chocolate plus milk), which doubles up the bulk problem (not to mention the cost).

Finally the flavour ... the milky drinks are made with two capsules, one of which contains powdered milk. This has an "artificial" flavour which is not too pleasant. I'm mainly a coffee drinker and whilst I tried at first to tell myself it tasted nice, I have to admit eventually that it tastes very bland.

We've got a Nespresso machine at work and their capsules have much more flavour. I'm going to buy a Magimix 11300 I think !

4.0 out of 5 stars A year's ownership and..., 29 Sep 2010
I've had my Dolce Gusto for nearly a year now. I have to admit that the sparkle is starting to go out of our relationship.

First, there's the limited flavour range. I first justified this by saying that less was more...that I would find favourites that I would be happy to stick to. However, I'm at that point where friends, who are new to the machine, marvel at the coffee's taste, while I am deriving no great pleasure from it after a year of relative monotony. I sometimes walk by the coffee section at the supermarket and sigh as I see the great variety of flavours available for filter machines.

Second, don't believe the hype that there's no upkeep to this machine. There is. The DG comes equipped with a 'pod tank' where you can dispose your used pods to drain the remaining fluid. Unfortunately this can get very nasty (especially with milk pods) in short order unless you wash it regularly. The same care and attention needs to be directed at the drip tray.

Then there is the fact that many of the used pods don't drain at all - they feel heavy, leak very slowly, and that can bring its own problems. So be sure to double-up your bin liners. Finally, they seem to make much more of a stain on mugs than filter and instant coffee do, requiring more rigorous cleaning.

Third, don't make the mistake of buying your pods in large quantities, especially when there's a sale on. Some of the flavours have a delicate shelf life, and you can find yourself having to dispose of boxes of unused coffee unless you're reasonably careful with management. You'll also need to ensure that you have somewhere to stock your boxes (don't think about getting those fancy pod racks - their capacity is so small that it's next to useless, unless you drink a very limited amount of coffee).

With all that said...the machine is still a cracking bit of engineering, and the novelty will remain there for quite a while after buying the machine. I'd be hesitant to recommend the DG to people who prefer their coffee plain (black and no sugar), mainly because the range of flavours is so limited. Perhaps the Nespresso would be a better alternative in that regard. But I really think this thing functions well as a family/social machine - with a range of peach iced tea, iced cappuccino, espresso, hot chocolate etc., there is something for everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolce Gusto coffee machine, 12 Dec 2011
W. Penny - See all my reviews
Contrary to a number of reviews i read prior to purchasing the Dolce Gusto coffee machine,i found that it was so easy to use and gave me hot coffee from the start.I don't know how hot some people wanted their coffee to be,but i am very pleased with the temperature of the coffee my machine gave me.I agree that the pods are quite expensive,but if you use the machine for that speccial coffee occasion it's not too bad and well worth that bit extra in price.Unfortunately at this moment in time i am enjoying my different coffee experiences a little too regularly,but what the heck,lifes too short not to spoil yourself now and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price...wow!, 29 Nov 2011
I got this as a special offer item for an incredibly low price. It came with two boxes of samplers (no glasses) and I purchased extra pods.
It is incredibly easy to use once you get a feel for the measurements (working in 40, 100, 150, 200, and 250 ml takes some getting use to to recognise where the level is in mugs!) it produces very hot tasty drinks in incredibly quick times.
It is very clean, easy to set up, and has been tested to death in the few days we have had it!
Well worth the £49 I paid for this.

3.0 out of 5 stars great coffee machine - appalling aftercare from Krups!, 29 Oct 2011
If you buy this machine (which is really good) I recommend you buy from a department store so you can return if faulty. Ours is broken. Still trying to contact Krups as Amazon are not interested. Krups customer service is absolutely appalling. They don't bother answering emails, don't answer the phone etc. This company does not deserve to have customers or needs a complete change of management to sort themselves out. I have never known a company not to have the courtesy to respond to emails within 3 days.

Really good coffee - cheaper if ordered online via Amazon than in shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dolce GustoKP210040, 9 Aug 2010
We waited for a while before buyng this product, looking around for the best deal as the prices seemed to vary greatly. We were also not sure whether to got for ref or black. In the end we opted for the standard black colour whihc looks great in our kitchen. As usual amazon were very competative and despite paying for standard postage it arrived the next day !! The "quick start" instructions sheet get's you up and running quickly. However, having never used one of these before i had not realised that you need 2 capsuales for most drinks. A dry milk capsule first and then the coffee capsuale. It really is coffee in an instant, it takes about 20 seconds to get your coffee. A handy guide to mixing each of the drinks is provided showing the amount of dry milk and "drink flavouring" capsule needed. The current choices are: Expresso, Caffe Lungo & caffe classico all of which, are very stong tasting and rich coffee's only requiring the coffee capsuale. Then the classic latte and cappucino whih are both excellent. To finish off is chococino a really excellent hot chocolate. Use the details at the back of the both to get a voucher and a further set of free samples. The dolce gusto is simple and easy to clean after use. I would recomend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and easy to use, 23 May 2009
Love this so easy to use and mess free which is perfect for me as I'm lazy and anything that takes the hassle out of having good coffee works for me!!!! The cappuccino's are really tasty and just like one you would get in a cafe but at home!!! You get a pack of free capsules in a mixture of flavours so you can get started straight away.

The best thing is that it only takes a couple of minutes to make a coffee in the morning before you go to work - which is a great way to start the day!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tasting Coffee, 4 May 2009
The bottom line with this machine is that you get great tasting coffee. Sure it comes at a price, approx £3.29 for a pack of pods from the big chain of supermarkets not to mention buying the Dolce Gusto, but imagine how much electricity you'll save. The Gusto only boils the water on demand so the days of having another cuppa's worth of water in the kettle generating steam are gone. It is clean to use and generates little if any mess in the kitchen. It does generate a little noise but only marginally more than your average kettle. The wife loves the hot chocolate and the fact that it's ready in about, ohh lets say 30-40 seconds, so no more boiling milk. If you are considering it over other pod based machines,which I have now relegated to the bottom of the kitchen cupboard, it really is a no brainer for me. Buy the Dolce Gusto

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›