I bought this as I wanted a flexible distribution signal amp that could supply various signals to many zones and this does the job very well. It will send Sky, Freeview, radio and Freesat in any combination to any of the 8 zones that it is set up for.

Quality is excellent and I know from a previous house where I fitted an earlier generation one that it seems to last well.

It amplifies a signal input without distortion and can also take a mast amp signal input too for higher gain if required.

I have fitted is into a purpose built cupboard where all the servers, media and TV control systems are located and therefore the aerial cable input is quite long - probably around 10m. The output is pretty good especially given the area where I live is poor for signal input strength. I get around 65% digital signal after this unit which gives me a perfect Freeview picture.

It is quite big and of course needs a 240V socket close by so if you are putting this in the loft you need to take this into account when locating it.

Overall whilst relatively expensive I'd still say it was good value for money.
on 6 September 2012
The Labgear Philex 8 Way Distribution Amplifier loft box does exactly what its supposed to do. I now have Sky distributed all around the house. The installation schematic is easy to follow and everything worked first time. I used satellite cable for the main connections between the satellite dish, Sky box and the Labgear amplifier. I already had coax cables to TVs around the house and found this works well when connected to the amplifier. Great product and good solution to combine SKY with freeview. Its not Sky multiroom but it gives me all the flexibility I need.
on 19 February 2010
This is the 3rd one of these I've had at different addresses and they work great. Note: make sure that you use with the Labgear 'screened outlets' as this will ensure that you get the best possible signal quality at your end points; the difference is noticeable!
on 7 February 2013
Just what I needed - works perfectly and easy to install. Now we can connect more televisions without going onto roof to connect to main aerial
on 28 May 2012
Firstly lightning quick delivery !! and as for the amplifier, excellent, works a treat - wish I had bought one years ago...

Now have digital tv signals pumped all round & plus quality RF outputs from Sky & Virgin boxes too.
on 6 September 2011
I needed a replacement for an existing unit that was causing problems on a number of outputs. This one fitted the bill perfectly.
on 21 March 2011
1st unit was DOA, but the promptly sent replacement works well. I've found that I have to leave the power on for my Sky+ box at RF2 to enable remote control in other rooms, even though the HDU also provides power.
on 31 March 2016
First one failed after about a month but very easily and quickly swapped out by supplier. Replacement has been in for more than 12 months now with no issues. Very good unit
on 7 June 2015
The amplifier was packaged correctly and arrived in good time. It has been put
in to use and is working perfectly. Thank you.
on 13 April 2013
This amp is well made and easy to install. I have installed a few of these and have had no issues with them at all.
The instructions supplied are easy to understand with good schematics.
They work well with a modulator for CCTV allowing a TV using analogue signals to act as a monitor. Most new TV's allow you to view analogue and digital transmissions by menu or push button selection.
I would recommend using 75 Ohm Terminator Caps on unused ports, this is not mentioned within the instructions, but it is good practice to do so.
If you fit this in any other area than a loft, be aware that if you use Satellite, when the sat decoder is switched on a very bright blue light (ultrabright LED) on the underside of the unit is illuminated, and it does illuminate!
The installations I have fitted these in when checked with a Horizon meter have had excellent readings.

See one answered question