4.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare - Revisited....
Tim Burton's cult classic, The Nightmare Before Christmas has always been held a special place in the hearts of countless people - including myself - that have grown up with the film. The creepy hellish innocence that Burton always manages to bring to his films was never so prominent as in this masterpiece.

Now, celebrating it's 15th Anniversary, the re-release...
Published on 30 Sep 2008 by P. Limmer

1.0 out of 5 stars nightmare
This Item was a christmas present and was ordered 6 weeks before christmas yet the seller never sent the item. I was charged for the item and after christmas was told I would receive a refund. Never helped with the disapointment of not being able to give the present.
Very Very upset about this.
Published on 11 Jan 2011 by Harry

4.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare - Revisited...., 30 Sep 2008
P. Limmer "MrMellow" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)

Now, celebrating it's 15th Anniversary, the re-release of the soundtrack has fully embraced the alternative goth/rock/metal subculture that holds NBC so dearly. The songs we know and love have all been re-invented and some of the choices of acts to undertake this mammoth task are absolutely spot on. Amy Lee's powerful rendition of Sally's Song is incredibly moving, while Korn's interpretation of Kidnap The Sandy Claws is a thrashing angry stompathon. The jewel of the mosh-along crown is Manson's cover of This Is Halloween - I can't think of anybody better to breath new life into this track, and to hear him seeth "I am the shadow of the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright." sends tingles down my spine.

All the artists to justice to the tracks they've written - except, unfortuntely, for Flyleaf's apallingly dull version of What's This. For a track that's supposed to bounce and crackle with energy, they've turned it into a depressing funereal dirge - Burton should have put the Fall Out Boy cover back on the tracklisting instead.

Apart from this, the new Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack is a roaring success - by it immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 16 Mar 2011
Andrew Norris (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
Nightmare Revisited is a compilation album of different artists performing their covers of the songs from Tim Burton's classic "The Nightmare Before Christmas".

The varied artists on the CD mean that there will be different songs to appeal to people of different tastes. As an Evanescence fan, I quite enjoyed Amy Lee's rendition of "Sally's Song" over the other tracks, but that doesn't mean I hate them. I simply state this to show how this CD can appeal to people of different tastes.

The only drawback I can see is that the CD's fanbase might be restricted to a more mature audience who watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas" as children when it was first released. Of course, I could be wrong, and I usually am, but that is just a reviewer's anxiety.

It is difficult for me to give a review for this, for, as I have said, this CD tries to appeal to different tastes in music, and might struggle appealing to ages as well, but that, I think, is something I think is left to the individual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different CD!, 21 May 2013
Absolutely love this cd.
Some really interesting covers of the original soundtrack. Never quite sure what you are going to get next! Definitely recommend this for someome with a varied taste in music.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
I love this so much just cant stop playing this one so different from the last one really really love both of them but hey it's Tim Burton :+}

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
This CD is amazing beyond words! So much so I feel they should rerelease the movie with this soundtrack!
I originally only bought it for Amy Lee's-Sally's song but after first play of the whole album I fell in love.
Tracks I play a lot of over and over are "This is halloween", "Sally's song" & "what's this". All of which are very haunting and stick with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightmare Revisited is in fact a Dream Revisited! :), 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
An amazing record for an amazing OST of an amazing movie! :) a perfect harmony in the reconstruction of the original tracks by huge names of the music industry! you have got to love this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy With This Childhood Classic Cover, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
I am very happy with it, most of the songs I can still sing to and because I'm into the alternative music scene a few musicians on there I can't get enough of. But the reson I have given it 4 stars not 5 is I was dissapointed with my favorite song from this childhood cult classic. The song "Oogie Boogie's Song" has no lyrics... I think this was a big mistake to make it just an instrumental. Not only was it my favorite song but that was the one I went straight to on the album and sort of ruined it for me. But! I listened to the album through and was very happy with the rest, a few songs I sing along to and the rest I'm pleased to put on in the background while tidying or pottering about my business during the day. My new favorite is actually Flyleaf version of "What's This?" after buying one of their albums about a year ago I was really excited that they had a chance to be included in this album. OVERALL: Very happy and recommend to anyone that loves the film and likes alternative music

4.0 out of 5 stars Good eclectic mix!, 12 May 2009
R. Willmott (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
Love the film and the soundtrack, then this is for you, and even if not but you like the bands, check it out. There is something for everyone on here, especially if you liked the song, good covers by a good wide range of bands.
Special mention to The Polyphonic Spree, Rodrigo y Garbriela, Korn and Rise Against.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 1 April 2009
A. C. Lansdown (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nightmare Revisited (Audio CD)
I cannot recommend this album too highly, especially for fans of Tim Burton's movie. Danny Elfman's brilliant melodies and lyrics have been arranged and performed in a variety of styles ranging from heavy rock to string quartet and classical guitar. All the instrumental tracks are excellent, but the real stand-out tracks for me are Korn's 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws', 'Making Christmas' by Rise Against, and Marilyn Manson's chilling 'This is Halloween'. Inevitably with such a variety of performers there will be a couple of tracks which disappoint (Sparklehorse's feeble 'Jack's Obsession' is my one real dislike), but overall the album is outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 8 April 2010
THIS IS THE BEST!

I love it, buy it, buy it now I say.

You won't regret it.

Nightmare Revisited
Nightmare Revisited by Danny Elfman (Audio CD - 2008)