4.0 out of 5 stars Great little TV!
Published on 20 Feb 2009 by P. Bean

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice television bad aerial
TV OK very compact and neat but the aerial was absolute rubbish. Could not get any reception what so ever using it. I had to have a outdoor aerial fitted to my kitchen to get a picture which doubled the cost of the tv would not recommend this product
Published 17 months ago by Sandy Clark

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little TV!, 20 Feb 2009
P. Bean "Mr Bean!" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: August DA100C - 10" Portable Freeview TV - Small Screen LCD Television with Multimedia Player - Digital TV for Bedroom, Kitchen, Caravan... - Battery (Not Inc.) or Mains Powered (Electronics)
We bought this TV for our kitchen, needed something nice and small that would fit under the units without paying the earth for the flip down TV's. What a great little unit. The picture quality for such a small item is excellent. It's also very neat and tidy and the supplied bracket, although not folding in the sense of the flip down TV's, is certainly quite flexible in the way it can be mounted. We turned the bracket upside down and screwed it to the bottom of the cupboards - looks fine. Saying that a VESA mount would have been much more useful, especially when you can get a VESA flip down bracket for about £30. The sound quality is perfectly reasonable for the sort of use and the USB and Card reader is a real bonus.

Why only a 4? Well it does look a little cheap, especially the remote and the supplied aerial, other than in a perfect position, is pretty useless for Freeview, but connecting to the house aerial system over came this minor difficulty and we had expected it.

So all in all a very good unit. It does exactly what we wanted and for £130 we can't really fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine piece of equipment, 24 Jan 2012
J. H. Hughes (Wales) - See all my reviews
The performance from this unit is outstanding; the picture quality is remarkably sharp for its size, and it has good depth of colour and contrast. Tuning it in was simple, but it does require connecting to a good external aerial (as does any modern TV, unless you live right on top of a transmitter); the supplied plug-in aerials are not up to receiving a reliable digital signal. A useful trick is to use an aerial lead with a male/female connector which can be left permanently plugged into the unit; the other end can then be unplugged as need be from the main aerial lead, preventing wear and tear on the unit's coax connector. The TV functions as a fully featured Tv, with text and programme guide, as well as recording to a usb stick. The sound is decent from its tiny speakers. It seems hard to fault this unit in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars August DA100C., 16 Dec 2010
Took a risk and bought this tv unseen,and before the mch. 30th switchover,wanted to use in the event of a power cut,so bought car plug lead as well,to run off battery pack,and I was really happy to find that connected to my new rooftop digital areial,and powered by battery,I tuned the built in freeview with easy auto search,and got perfect picture and sound on all channels,and although only 10" screen it's plenty big enough for my requirements,I needed built in freeview,as set top box only works on mains supply,and it can be conected to another tv and used as a set top box,the rest of the time(no Power cut).At the all in price of £136 for both items,a real winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture and reasonable sound with roof aerial, 19 Jun 2013
K. A. Newton (North West England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I decided to buy this TV after not having a working TV for several months.

Plugged into the mains I got no image or any sound using either of the two aerials packed with the TV. Just a black screen and silence.

Once my rooftop aerial lead was plugged in I got a screen asking if I wanted English language - I pressed OK. I was asked if I wanted to install and I pressed OK.

Got lots of channels when the TV had scanned and they had the same freeview numbers as shown in the newspaper.

GREAT picture and reasonable sound. I pressed the remote to increase the sound and there was sufficient for me.

Wearing one set of headphones I found the sound was too soft - I don't mean quiet, I mean not just sharp enough. With another set of headphones I found the sound was ok. I can't wear the type of head phone push-ins that came with the TV as they drop out of my ears.

Took me a while to realise that pressing TV/R changes the TV from TV channels to Radio channels and pressed again reverts back to TV channels.

Pressing INFO while a channel is showing gives me the channel number, name, start/end times of program showing and start/end times of program next in line.

Not too sure about all the other things this set does.

When I press Menu I get a list to choose different things - Digital TV, Movies, Music, Photo, Games and Disk Manager.

I have yet to work out what these do.

I need to investigate about a portable hard disc to record programs on to. Perhaps the one I have already will work.

What I have noticed which are not properly visible on illustrations on the page are the ten buttons across the top of the tv (hidden from the front view).

These are On/Off, Menu, Left/fast Left, Right/fast Right, Enter, Channel Down/Left, Channel Up/Right, Volume -, Volume +, and Mode.

I was a bit worried about losing the remote and being unable to even turn the TV on.

The remote is a bit cheap looking. It is very thin and uses just one flat C battery. At first I found it hard to get the buttons to work but I persevered. I am really glad the TV has buttons too as I think I will be pressing the remote buttons too hard and these things don't last when you do that.

I have yet to try out the RED BUTTON channel 0200.

The coloured buttons on the remote have white writing on them which makes the yellow one hard to read. I think it says Move.
Red = ZOOM. Green = FAV. Yellow = MOVE. Blue = LOCK.

Not sure what Move and Lock are all about.

The TV weighs practically the same as my Kindle Fire without its leather case. It will be no problem to carry from room to room or upstairs etc. I just have to find a decent aerial or pay for more roof aerial extensions.

The Manual is quite good, the front cover up to and including page 23 are the English pages. The typescript is small.

To use off the mains the manual says you get 2.5 hrs with 6 rechargeable AA batteries.

Note. I did notice as I was experimenting something about 16.9 so it might be that you can change the screen size when necessary.

All in all I am very pleased with it just need to find a portable aerial that works.

Ps. I forgot to mention that in the manual it gives details for locking certain channels and applying passwords, parental locks and all that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use as portable screen for PS3, 11 Oct 2011
Bought this as I have only a small place to play games. I only had to buy an adapter for AV. Obviously it is not as good as a 32" TV, but for a nice compact TV the picture is excellent and I can see the games perfectly. The TV is also very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good TV - pity about the remote, 10 July 2014
Mr. A. Watt (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this small TV to replace an old 4:3 format 10" one by a different manufacturer that I used in my workshop and had developed a problem with its sound system. Knowing how useless the supplied aerials have been with other digital TVs, I re-used the indoor aerial that I had connected to my faulty TV and connected it to the TV before connecting the power supply and switching it on. The installation process was simple to follow and the scanning process picked up all the channels. The picture was surprisingly clear, though given the size, it was no surprise to find the sound a bit tinny. I used a USB memory stick to try a scheduled recording. The process wasn't obvious, but following the instructions in the supplied manual it was reasonably straight forward. I checked the result on the TV and it worked well. I then moved the memory stick to my main computer which has a 24" monitor and was able to confirm that the recording was good.

I really wanted to score it 4.5 stars. There are two let-downs. The remote requires a good solid press on the buttons and there is a lag in response so it tends to feel unresponsive. Secondly, the menu system appears to have a logic all its own and will take a bit of getting used to before I'll be able to discard the manual. I have still to try recording to and viewing files from a USB hard drive.

For the price it represents good value and is a nice little TV with the ability to record programmes directly or by scheduling.

5.0 out of 5 stars watch where you want,So tiny.., 26 Mar 2011
I use this little gem at work to watch avi movies/free view t.v.
(CONS)
The two areials/AV link you get with it are not up to much.
(PROS)
Plug a main tv areial in it and it`s all good/the size is good
for carrying it anywhere..

4.0 out of 5 stars my tv, 16 Feb 2011
Mr. E. L. Howells (UK) - See all my reviews
This product arrived on time and in good working order except for the remote control, which was very hit and miss, having bought new batteries it has improved slightly, sometimes needing several pushes on the button to get it to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 6 April 2013
For less than £100.I can't really complain.Picture wise it is very good and the sound quality is acceptable in my campervan.Build quality appears to be a bit flimsy and plasticky but finishing is good.My biggest disserpointment was with the recording.facility.I mistakenly assumed you could record straight from the EPG,you can't.Also you have to have the set turned on to record.I really can't see the point in that!For occasion use in my van I think it will do the job.How reliable it turns out to be only time will tell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 17 Feb 2011
I bought this tv for my garden office, the picture quality is very good. It has analogue and freeview tv.
Don't expect it to perform well using the supplied aerial, although it may work in a very strong signal area.

Very good value for money.