5.0 out of 5 stars would highly recomend
Published 2 months ago by Marek

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it.
When I bought this pair I didn't know that these are not for out doors use and was frustrated by the quality of sound when used it out doors.
Published on 18 April 2012 by chades

5.0 out of 5 stars would highly recomend, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
So the headphones are built well and sound fantastic. And to all the "they leak sound" comments don't understand that these headphones are semi-open which means the diaphragm of the driver can breathe and further improve the sound-stage of the headphone. I recommend looking up different types of headphones on forums like head-fi before commenting about how they don't like the headphone because it leaks sound. Like for Gods sake its supposed to and it even says that its a SEMI-OPEN headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy no other headphones!, 15 Sept. 2010
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
I bought these headphones in preparation for my music studies at university and as such was on a tight budget and wanted a pair that were quality and not going to set me back hundreds: these are it! I read other reviews on this product and remember one saying that the sound was that clear that he resorted to turning them up loud without realising then couldn't understand why his ears where ringing afterwards and he is spot on.
I doubt you will find better headphones for £30 (+/-) as this product delivers on all levels with crisp treble and well replicated ambiance/reverb/echo on tracks in addition to great bass levels as well. I have been testing them out all day with various genres of music and have not once had distortion of the sound. They are also just as comfortable as described, adapting to all head sizes and you will not realise you are wearing them! In addition to those of you who may be like me and a little aesthetically orientated; they look awesome.
I've no regrets or worries about purchasing this product and was very pleased with the service provided by Amazon's partners. Much recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for guitar practice!!, 27 May 2012
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
I recently bought a pair of K99's specifically to use when practicing/playing electric guitar through a Boss DT-8 effects processor pedal board.

I wanted something not too expensive but that would be well built, comfortable to wear and above all produce a high quality and clear audio output no matter what digital effects I was applying to the guitar (distortion, clean and all points in between!!).

I have to say these headphones absolutely fit the bill!! They are extremely comfortable even when worn for a long time - I can often sit and play for hours and yet you barely notice you are wearing them! The sound quality is impressive (especially considering the price tag) and I have yet to have any issue with the output no matter which of my guitars and what digital effect(s) I am utilizing. The bass, treble and mid-range are all clear and to be honest since I've been using these headphones I've got a lot more use out of my Boss effects board as I can crank it up and really experiment with the huge range of effects etc without thoroughly annoying my neighbours by running it through my Marshall amplifier (which can be a tad loud!!).

Especially impressive is the fact that when I've edited patch settings on the Boss wearing the headphones and then played back through the Marshall the sound qualities and effects have sounded exactly as they did through the headphones - i.e. there is no perceivable 'headphone effect' where the K99s could be said to 'colour' the sound.

All in all an outstanding buy and great value for money that I thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars very comfortable, 6 May 2014
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
I tend to use these for guitar practice, the sounds translate well through my amp. They are light and comfortable enough to be worn for several hours without getting the dreaded 'hot ears' syndrome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome quailty, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
I really liked these, the price was really good for what you get, love the comfort and quality when using these either on my mp3 or guitar amp, fully recommend these to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and build., 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
Had these for a year now. They sound amazing, nearly as good as my $65 k619s and are still in the same shape as they were when they came out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding heaphones, 2 May 2014
C. P. Betts (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
The best thing about these is they sound great, nothing to worry about there

My problem is, maybe it's just me having a small head, but even on the smallest size they are still a little too big. I like headphones that cover your whole ears, but the entire frame is just a bit too large for my liking, and so feel a little loose.

I'm sure if I had a bigger head I'd give these a solid 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt be happier, 7 Sept. 2014
Mr. Luke A. Freeman "- Luke" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
I wanted a cheap pair of headphones that have some level of quality, I found what I was looking for with these. For the price I couldn't be happier, obviously there are vastly superior headphones out there however the price tags are also vastly superior.

Brilliant for entry level/beginner producers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
Good quality sound. Can be nice and loud. Only problem is that it lets out a lot of sound, lots of sound escapes which means if you were listening to music in public everybody can hear it clearly. And also it means less sound goes to your ears if it's escaping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont think, just buy them, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: AKG K99 Semi-Open Circumaural Headphones (Accessory)
Bought these for use with my phone, not disappointed at all.

The AKG K99 are incredible for the price tag, absolutely phenomenal.