Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 14 July 2013
I bought these towels before a trip to India in which I'd be traveling between several cities and towns over a few weeks. I knew that there would be situations in which I'd need cloths or towels and where there wouldn't be a supermarket next door! The towels do exactly what they are supposed to do. They are perfectly good for drying yourself and dry reasonably quickly in the open air. They are then able to be folded up. Since they don't cost too much, my advice for travelers is to take two or three for a trip of a few weeks. Either they'll prove their worth in an otherwise stressful situation where home conveniences aren't available, or else they'll just be unused, in which case you haven't lost any significant space or weight by carrying them. Overall, they do what they say on the tin, and I highly recommend them for camping and backpacking. Indeed, with the variable quality of facilities abroad in general, I think most travelers could benefit from them.
on 3 August 2013
Product arrived quickly and has prooved very handy. Originally bought as a gift but due to the high quality of these towels i may have kept them for myself. Very useful when camping or just when out with my young relatives who tend to spill drinks ect on themselves. Very impressed and pleased with these. Highly recomend
on 14 November 2012
These towels are highly compressed and tightly packaged. Once taken out and moistened, they expand to their full volume, and in spite of the small size, the viscose fabric is surprisingly soft and absorbent, even more surprising is that it can actually be used again and again. They also dry quite fast.

To test them, I used one for a week in my kitchen, first for drying my hands, then for cleaning counters, and eventually, as a washcloth around the sink. After the week was over, it looked a little battered, but had it been a real emergency situation, it could have be used some more.

Having been in 3 major natural disaster (Seattle's 1993 inauguration storm, the 1994 Northridge earthquake in Los Angeles, and France's December 31 1999 storm), I've learned to always keep an emergency pack at home and in my car. Once I tested these towels, they quickly replaced bulkier and more expensive towels in my emergency packs.
on 27 July 2013
bought these for use at a festival, light weight extremely small and just what you need when baby wipes aren't perhaps enough .! you can't put them back in the packaging but as their weight is so small it doesn't matter. for this price just use for the weekend/ your holiday then throw away - great
on 2 August 2013
I only bought 1 pack of these, but they are just so handy, and so so cheap.
Absolute superb product, they're a great towel when you need, in a tiny package - and even after they're out the packet, they're pretty good as just a normal towel/flannel for the bathroom etc anyway!
on 23 July 2011
Lightload towels are very handy - I have used mine for various tasks, from a washcloth to a dish cloth! They are packed like a magic flannel, very compact, and expand when they hit water. In material they are not microfibre as you might expect, but more like a stronger version of a j cloth - tough and versatile.
on 22 July 2011
Just returned from a three week holiday in Greece where these towels were used every day - on the beach, by the pool, in the sea so they were exposed to salt water, sand, pebbles in very high temperatures. It was brilliant to be able to transport two large beach towels in our luggage which took up virtually no room at all and then, like magic, to be able to bring them to life by adding water.
They are soft but incredibly absorbent. The towels are also surprisingly hard wearing considering how light they are and we had a number of people asking us about them and where they could get hold of them.
We will definitely use this product again. Particularly with a premium on luggage space for plane journeys this is a really imaginative solution to bringing a good sized towel with you. Great product.
on 6 September 2011
well they are a must not only for expert campers and hikers but for everyone to have with themselves in their bad, pocket or purse.

If you are a sportsman for example, it's great to remove excess sweat or to dry your face if you want to refresh yourself at a fountain in the park where you are jogging.

For campers they are really handy: so light that you forget to have them. So small to carry that will save you an incredible amount of space in the backpack. They dry up really well and the size is enough for me to dry up the whole body after a 'shower' in the lake (hey, make sure you use eco-friendly soaps). And they are very funny and original as a gift too!

So if you are a camper you will find these pretty and crazy little pocket towels a must to have!
on 20 February 2011
Bought this product for a long distance cycling trip I undertook last summer and these towels worked great. They compact up to take up minimal space (they squash smaller than any other travel towel I have found), and yet are absorbant enough to completely dry yourself off after a wash. They also dry out quickly in the sun once used and are easy to clean and reuse. I needed to be weight eficient and these are extremely light which helped a lot and the material is very durable - lasted me a whole summer! Took a few with me and used them as impromptu plate washing up cloths, to clean bike chains and bike parts and to drain rice. I'm sure there's many more ways to use them. They don't have a huge surface area but worked perfect for my purposes. Give them a shot!
on 21 July 2011
Was disappointed that they are only that size when you buy them - once opened, it is not possible to get them back to size, but they are a really good idea for travelling etc if you need to keep space in your luggage for other things.