Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 November 2009
The only annoying thing is that he insists on on singing "love me" in that squeeky voice - no doubt this is showing his vocal abilities but it would have been enough to do it twice, not every single time. Other than than loving the mood of this song, the fact that it's quite simple and raw yet melodic, and the choirs towards the end are awesome!
on 17 February 2016
Very good. Pity it's only three tracks for the money
on 16 December 2008
Awful, just awful. For some reason Borrell thinks that if he sits alone at a piano, leaving the rest of his "band" redundant, he's somehow producing something of epic importance.

He's not. Wire to wire is like David Beckham doing poetry. It's that bad. There must be something he is better at? I almost crashed my car into someone the other day lunging for the radio controls as the cringe-worthy opening chords rang out. I'm sorry but it's so bad that my actions would stand up as a valid excuse in a court of law.

To summarize: Generic piano chords. Schoolboy 'passionate' lyrics. The end. It goes nowhere, says nothing, achieves exactly zilch.

This is the final straw for Razorlight. They started OK, got worse and have now plumbed uncharted depths within the Indie canon. How anyone can buy the album on the back of this is beyond me.