4.0 out of 5 stars A nice sound.
This works very well for tuning my acoustic guitar, giving a very nice sound. I also use it with my electric guitar if I want a variation in sound from the standard pick-ups.

It is, however, a little prone to feedback if used too close to an amp. Little more than a metre due to the short cable. Using a extension cable would sort this problem however...
Published on 4 Aug 2009 by Michael Garbutt

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for a violin
I bought this for my daughter's violin. The lead is so short that you would have to be sitting down in front of the amplifier to plug it in, and then you get feedback. The lead needs to be at least 2 metres longer to be practical.
Published on 11 Feb 2010 by P. Connelly

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice sound., 4 Aug 2009
Michael Garbutt "Michael G" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tone Deaf Music Clip On Microphone / Pickup for Guitars, violin, mandolin etc

Overall a good buy and probably the quickest product I have bought to arrive.

2.0 out of 5 stars No good for a violin, 11 Feb 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars For use with electronic tuners - but no good a a general pickup, 2 April 2010
A. J. Sturgess "Alan Sturgess" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you're looking for a cheap pickup for your acoustic guitar, this isn't it as if needs to clip onto the headstock and is designed for use with electronic tuners. It works brilliantly when used like this, but the signal for an amp is MUCH too weak and is not only prone to feedback but lacks a good tonal range.

And don't think you'll get around the problem by clipping it onto the edge of the soundhole because (a) it really gets in the way, (b) the lead flaps around, and (c) the signal is still too lacking in tonal properties.

If you want a cheap pickup - there are a couple of easily affordable across-the-soundhole types that are OK and a couple of more expensive ones that do a really good job.

If your tuner lacks a microphone, or if you want the added accuracy of a jacked input - this little device is superb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clip on Kit ., 29 Dec 2013
Good handy piece of standby kit but it picks up every touch and ping , Sometimes hard to find a place to clip it without interfering with play , Saying that , acoustic instruments can be "mic'ed up in a trice and as long as you dont want recording quality sound go for it! just tuck it away in your gig bag just in case! Pardon the pun!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for classical., 19 Dec 2013
This is completely useless for the classical acoustic guitar. I wondered how it would fit on from looking at the picture of it as the size of the clip part wasn't obvious.

Having received my order, opening it I saw how it needs something to hold on to with it's bulldog clip type mic, and there is no-where as the clip is too large to clip around the sound hole anywhere, and the mic isn't good enough to pick up vibrations from the head stock, so this is useless for that purpose. I'm going to try it on my acoustic guitar next, but I can't see it working for the same reason. I feel that I am going to have to look elsewhere for a pick-up for my guitars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Its not the world's best..., 16 Aug 2013
In short, the lead is too thin and short, it has a very short range. Within one week of use, the microphone had actually unglued itself and needed repairing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fair product at this price, 8 July 2013
D. Rowlands (UK) - See all my reviews
For the price it works well and is a good value, but think where and how you will use this. I am using it on a classical guitar and found it difficult to position for the best sound and without it obstructing the strings. Also the lead is not very long and have had to use an extension lead to the supplied (connected) lead

5.0 out of 5 stars cherub clip on mic, 3 April 2013
I bought this quite a long time ago and it is still going strong, I use it for my uke in a live situation, although it is fed through a D.I box.Can't go wrong for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clip On Microphone for guitar, 16 Feb 2013
The clip on microphone arrived in good time and was as described. I use it for recording my practice with an acoustic guitar and for this purpose it is excellent. (I needed an adaptor to plug into my computer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Clip on mike for acoustic guitar., 31 Jan 2013
Easy to clip on ,reasonable sound quality through an amplifier.value for money.a good backup mike if extra volume is required from an acoustic guitar.