4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, enjoyable third album from The Chiefs
'Off With Their Heads', The Kaiser Chiefs' third album, hasn't been as well received as their first two albums by the general public and it seems as if people are getting bored with the charismatic Ricky Wilson and his band. I can't really see why because this album sticks to the tried and tested formula of the first couple of releases and if you really liked...
Published on 29 Dec 2008 by A. Sweeney

3.0 out of 5 stars AUTO-PILOT OVER-RELIANCE
The third album in any band's career is usually an important milestone, sort of a pointer to the future, having taken stock of the past. Not so here. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS is simply the KAISER CHIEFS treading water with no significant evidence of musical progression. Why should that matter? I'm not exactly sure...probably because I've yet to become indifferent towards the...
Published on 28 April 2009 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I PREDICT A NUMBER ONE FOR THIS ALBUM, 13 Sep 2008
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
As someone who has actually heard some of these songs (live), I can say that insider or not, Boz clearly has had a lobotomy. Kaisers will be here for a long long time - everyone else wants to be them but just dont match up. This album is going to be as great as the rest, and "Never Miss A Beat" is their best record yet in my humble opinion (I predict another number one single & album!).
Didn't everyone say Madonna wouldn't last??? - hhmmmmmmm!

1.0 out of 5 stars A very disappointing birthday present, 18 Nov 2008
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
Having listened to the Album at least four times to see if the Album would grow on me I have to say this is a very poor collection of tracks.

It fealt as if the Kaiser Chiefs had taken all the tracks they had previously rejected for Albums and thrown them together.

Incredibly disappointing I will not be buying any future albums.

1.0 out of 5 stars ....addicted to drudge, 29 Oct 2008
Mr. P. A. Gallen (Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
How old are the Kaiser Chiefs - about 13 by my reckoning.

This album continues the band's fixation with adolescent trivia, without really ever offering any depth of insight or songwriting talent. Even Madness had more pathos than this.

The only song here that shows any potential is "...Addicted to drugs", but despite the promise tells us nothing new or changes the musical formula - perhaps it should have been titled "addicted to drudge"

A real disappointment - they have the swagger and style, but little substance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 Dec 2008
Mike Nithavrianakis "Book Fanatic" (Chennai, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
I was so eager to listen to this album but when I listened, it let me down a lot. A few of the songs are great but the majority of the songs were not quite Kaiser Cheif standered. But their other albums are great albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaisers are awesome, 20 Oct 2008
Mrs. Hilary Coggins (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
I love it. Went to the gig in Leicester last night and just like always they were fabulous. New Album came this morning and its brilliant. Ricky I Love You x lol

3.0 out of 5 stars Off with Ronson's head!, 23 Oct 2008
E. Swann (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
I'm really disappointed in the Kaiser Chiefs, this album is more like a B-side album rather one they have proudly(?) released as their third album.
With "Yours Truly..." you could tell which songs were single material, apart from "Never Miss A Beat" not one song from "Off With..." jumps out at me.

Maybe I'm stating this to soon and need to listen to the album abit more. But I know from when I got the chiefs last 2 albums I couldn't stop playing them, but this one is definitely hit or miss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bless u Ricky for writing one for the kids, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
My son, aged 5, and I, love this single, never miss a beat. Not really since Pink Floyd's brick in the wall has anyone wrote such a sort of tribute for kids in a society that just wants to shut them up. And this time its not a miserable song, but in KC fashion, makes u feel good.

the ultimate kid tribute. and we love it.

I cannot wait until the whole lot is released. Anyone who thinks this track is rubbish has got no taste, and probably has no kids, least whom they actually like.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Sir, Can I Have NO more of this pretentious crap, 3 Nov 2008
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
This is probably the most pretentious piece of crap ever. All these new bands just sound the same. I've purchased four albums this week and I rank them as follows:

1)Dig out your soul (Oasis): Amazing album, the saviour. Packed with great tracks. If you haven't yet, listen to or download 'I'm outta time' it is superb. Or even better go to the BBC website and watch it being performed live with a choir at the electric proms; Magical.
2)Perfect Symmetry (Keane): All I can say is tracks 1 and 5 are sublime.
3)Only by the night (Kings Of Leon): A few good tracks, I would't buy the whole album just download tracks 3 and 7 off itunes.
4)Off with their heads (Kaiser Chiefs): No offence, but it's the same old same old. I can see this being played over the tannoy at an Aldi near you, just pathetic no innnovation at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Even More Diluted, 10 Oct 2008
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
I've managed to get hold of a copy of this and I must say I couldn't be more disappointed. I thought `Yours Truly, Ugly Mob' was diluted but with this they have forgotten to put the flavour in! I thought they would have stepped it back up after the lack lustre `Yours Truly, Ugly Mob' but it has ended up, pretty much, more of the same old Kaiser Chiefs but with more and more water being poured in until there is a clear nothingness left.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Thank You!!, 2 Oct 2008
This review is from: Off With Their Heads (Audio CD)
I've never been a big fan of the Kaisers, although I do own the previous 2 albums and the dvd Enjoyment. I always thought they were trying a bit too hard to be clever, and they kinda got away with it and they had the songs to back it up, but this time around they have missed the mark by a long way. It is just an utter mess from start to finish! The (Mark Ronson) production is way below par and the lyrics are appaling>>> I could go on. A third album is about reinventing yourself as a band, keeping the best elements from previous works and taking a few risks along the way. The few risks thay have taken could well prove to be their downfall... A real shame!!

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

Off With Their Heads [VINYL]
Off With Their Heads [VINYL] by Kaiser Chiefs (Vinyl - 2008)